• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

WiFi trading, maybe? The GTS fails epicly anyways. Mostly anything there is hacked or cloned or whatnot. <_<

I really think hacks on GTS is overtly exaggerated.

Celebi and Jirachi, as event exclusive Pokemon, are the most found hacks, in my experience. Event exclusive means a LOT of people put these hacks on their third gen games, or were willing to accept hacks because they think it's better than nothing. And then they try to dump them on someone else via GTS.

Darkrai comes in second, because of all the level 40 D/P ones up along with the level 50 Japanese Platinum. And even that can be avoided. I received the Japanese Platinum Darkrais late at night (IE when Japan is awake), whereas I got hacked level 40 Darkrais during the daytime in North America.

But as long as I'm not intentionally searching for hacks with the GTS Guardians, I have a pretty good success rate with the GTS. For example, I've obtained 3 different Japanese Platinum Darkrais (one of them being shiny), one hacked Newmoon island Darkrai (released), 4 different level 100 Magikarps from Japanese Platinum's Resort Area, and filled some Ranch requirements with a random Nidoking and Vileplume.

So out of 10 trades, only one hack.

Sure you're not going to find a 252 sp atk/252 speed/6 HP Modest Heatran with a Choice Scarf attached, but if all you're looking for is some breeding fodder, dex entries, filling up Ranch, then you'll get what you want. And every now and then get REAL lucky and find a cool event or shiny.

Really, I like GTS trading and view it as a fun little grab-bag of Pokemon. I like it a lot more than forum trading with shops and points and collectors and all that other crap that sucks the fun out of trading.

(And it's cool to look at all the spots on the globe).

Now clones are of course impossible to detect unless it's something blatant like a really unique nickname. But hey, if you find out it's cloned, you can always release it.

Last edited:

randomspot555

You don't know if they are hacked or not even though they're not obviously hacked.
There's no guaranteeing anything you find there will be legit.

Whoa man you completely shattered my mind! (insert smiley here, too lazy to go find it)

Yes, it's possible to make perfect hacks as far as the summary goes. Very few, however, actually take the time to do that. And of all the hackers I know that take the time to make "perfect hacks" (from the summary to the 0s and 1s) aren't trading them away, because they have no need to trade.

(not saying there aren't bad hackers out there, but that the hacks on the GTS are more likely because some kid screwed someone else over in a trade, and he puts the hack up to get rid of it).

But a core aspect of Pokemon is trading. Without trading, it's infinitely harder (if not impossible) in aspects of breeding, completing the Pokedex, and so on. And receiving a "perfect hack" that'll mainly serve:

Ranch fodder
or
Breeding fodder

Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

It's not like I'd use it in one of the tournaments, if I go. Darkrai is banned, and what'll Magikarp do besides...well, Flail?

EDIT: I don't mean to disparge you for not using the GTS. but as someone who rarely trades via Wi-Fi any more, I use it to fulfill my admittedly little needs of trading. Usually when I'm bored. I like puting up something before I go to bed and see what I get in the morning.

Last edited:

Standokan

a living legend
stupid clones

can i join the club i hate when i get screwed like i trade this real rare pkmn and the i get a stupid clone don't they get that 'cause of cloning the worth of rare pokemon is going down

lemme join your club i hate clones just as much as you do

savits721

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a looooong time. How's it all going?

Dig-kun

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a looooong time. How's it all going?

Everything is fine
We tried to make a tourney last year end
But we'll wait for everyone to train their teams
^^

standokan and michael77:
Yup, u both can join
Leebui's gonna add u as official members as soon as he can
^^

mR.tOp37

so guys, it been 4 months or more (lol) since ive last posted here. hehe sorry, ive been busy the last couple of months, so i didnt get to online frequently. can someone update me on stuff?

sachira450

Can i join?
i think its really cheap to clone. You can clone a really rare pokemon and trade all of them away for ones you cant get and thats really cheap.

Can i join?
i think its really cheap to clone. You can clone a really rare pokemon and trade all of them away for ones you cant get and thats really cheap.

Absolutely, welcome to the club. Add one of the banners to your signature, stay active, and you'll earn points towards prizes! You'll be added to the list eventually.

Have any of you guys had any experience with the super contests in diamond/pearl? I kinda want to gain access to the resort... but the most I have on any pokemon is 3 ribbons and I'm not sure where to get more.

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
Oh hai guys i havent been here in ages....lots of school work and stuff....welcome to the three new members above!!!!enjoy your stay,and dont be like me....try to stay active!!!:p

i have some BADDDD news.....
My pkmn pearl got stolen....so my team....and all my freakin shinys and events are.....well gone...My perfect team,that dominated,all those hours I put into that game,all for nothing....and it pisses me off to know that the guy who stole it(idk who he is)might go and trade in at gamestop,and make a $20...sighs****so hows everything otherwise with you all?

Penguinist Trainer

oh my god, that sucks so much. Well if you were able to get a new copy and you live in the US, you still have time for the regigigas event. Maybe you can get a fresh start when platinum comes out in 2 weeks.

Also, theres always pokemon ranch for mew and ranger 1 for manaphy. it's not much, but its a start. Anyways good luck getting your pokemon back. it'll take patience, but I' sure you can do it.

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
I dont live in the US thats kinda the problem..I live in Trinidad,close to venezula...search us up sometime!!!!!the exchange rate...is 1US=6 trinidadian dollars...so saying a game is about $40 thats $240 down here....but the stores....sell for $395 a ds game...and thats just those cheap stores...

I guess I will start over but.....its just the thought of it,I almost had my pokedex finished!!!!!thts what just irks me!!!!

whats the pokemon ranch mew????Ive NEVEER heard about it.

Man... K3v1n... I feel ya so much there. A few weeks ago I lost my ds with pearl and leafgreen in it... and I found it at the library after searching for an hour. But in the time before I went back to the library to look I told everyone to keep an eye out and even went to gamestop to ask them to keep an eye out for it. If you get platinum and "a fresh start," and have wifi, I'll do what I can to help you regain what you had of the pokedex... although I know the shinies and hard work will never come back. Pokémon Ranch will give you a Mew if you collect and deposit 999 pokémon, it's a Wii-Ware game you download for $10 (or $60 in Trinidad). Did you happen to have Jirachi before?

Also, side note, I lived in Trinidad and Tobago for a few years, went to Amoco Galiota Elementary (sorry 'bout the spelling, not sure if I ever knew how to spell it correctly). About all I remember are steel drums and swimming on the beach a lot, when I wasn't watching Captain Planet... so long ago...

Could we possibly get a new thread so you can edit the first post? If we lock this thread with the last post linking to the new club thread, nobody would be confused.

EDIT: My bad, it seems you had no trouble editing the first post.

Last edited:

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Well, I've been messaging when I can. Sometimes this thread is so slow that even though I check it daily there's not much I can add. I've decided to angle myself more towards the TCG rather than the pokemon games, the games to me are becoming more and more repetative which to me is dull.

I've joined the tcg bandwagon too, but if I fell out of one it'd be the tcg and I'd continue to play the video game... that's just how I roll. When did you start playing the tcg? Way more than half of my cards are from the platinum set because I just started.

iRawr

I'm back!
i Wish to Join

Yeah as my Post title says, i wish to join. Now i want to tell about the thing that made me realize cloning was wrong:

I never cloned and my cousin had a Lvl 98 scizor in the GSC days,
*Im a Fan of Scizor/Scythers*
When we battled each other, he had 6 Lvl 98 Scizors, so i like freaked out and asked how he got em, and he replied: I trained em, Later on when he went to the toilet, i checked the scizors and guess what, they all had same stats,attack and same Exp2Lvl..... Then i went to my friend the next day and asked him about why they had the same stats/Attacks/Exp and he said it was cloning, and by the way my friend Is/Was an expert of GSC.

so yeah, i hate cloning because its unfair. and like it says on the link to the "Rules" the one with the cloned pokemon gets an Unfair advantage.

And sorry if im not allowed to do this: but im adding one of the banners to my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.