• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutaka

Ignition
I decided to use Northern Light's tutorial for the badges he does, so yeah.

417Pachirisu_zps3d088997.png

Well that took forever. Though I suppose it is the only successful thing I've done on a tablet so far.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Quite nice, great job.
Wow you're good. Really like the Dragonite.
Especially like the water. I don't know why...but it looks really good.
I decided to use Northern Light's tutorial for the badges he does, so yeah.

417Pachirisu_zps3d088997.png

Well that took forever. Though I suppose it is the only successful thing I've done on a tablet so far.
That's pretty good, actually.
I don't remember it taking too long for me to do one. Around the same amount of time it takes me to do anything else (banners), which is around 20 min. Hardest part is drawing the the shape, I don't have a tablet so I have to go and fix my shaky mouse lines every fifteen seconds.
-----
a set of Eeveevolution badges that I did last year. And went overboard with shading.
-----
Slightly more recent one that I messed up the shading on.

I haven't done much art recently, and I probably can't for another month or so (I'm in another country using another computer so blargh).

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression

Ursariing

Gary Oak of Rap
Application

Username: Ursariing

Nickname (optional): Griizzly, Teddy, Kuma, anything bear related haha

Gender (optional): Bro [Cis-Male]

Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Temp Photobucket

Any other examples you'd like to show us?:
039e7c6c-d78b-46b4-8ada-cd5ec37bd6f2_zpse62b4544.jpg

I attempted to make userbars
art-painter_zps09368cc3.gif

art-ditto_zpsee3b6aba.gif

What kind of artist are you?: Graphic Designer | Traditional (sucker for Surrealism) | Wannabe Digital

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
It seems like not much has happened in two months... But I'd like to say to burnt_lucario that you're very good. Like as Keysmash said, you're amazing with the colors and shading, making it even look more awesome. I can't tell if that's pencil art or watercoloring... But I think it's pencil... XP

As for myself, I've been drawing lots of Digimon related stuff but haven't had good enough internet connection to upload them so it might take awhile before anyone can see it...

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
Brutaka: That badge is really cool! I probably couldn't do something half as good as that in double the time you took. So good job!

And that is pretty good for your second full drawing on a tablet. You pick up on it easily it seems (I haven't gotten used to mine yet) There's nothing really to criticize about this one! I like the lighting from the stone (?) she's holding.

Epicjirachifan: I'm jealous of all the skill with tablets here! For just starting out and practicing these drawing are great. Interesting composition on the first drawing you linked; I like it!

It seems like not much has happened in two months... But I'd like to say to burnt_lucario that you're very good. Like as Keysmash said, you're amazing with the colors and shading, making it even look more awesome. I can't tell if that's pencil art or watercoloring... But I think it's pencil... XP

As for myself, I've been drawing lots of Digimon related stuff but haven't had good enough internet connection to upload them

Thanks! And thanks for all of the other compliments I have received. They are greatly appreciated. And you're right, I use Prismacolors. The toned tan paper really helps them stand out more. And I look forward to seeing your drawings!

As for me recently: I decided to start a Pokedex challenge. Metapod is in my signature, but I'll link the gallery here.

And here's a Raikou that I entered for a contest, but didn't place (better luck next time!)
raikou_by_jmonkey2105-d7qqt8i.png

P.S. sorry for long post. I just have a lot to say! And I look forward to seeing what all of you create soon.

Brutaka

Ignition
Brutaka: That badge is really cool! I probably couldn't do something half as good as that in double the time you took. So good job!

And that is pretty good for your second full drawing on a tablet. You pick up on it easily it seems (I haven't gotten used to mine yet) There's nothing really to criticize about this one! I like the lighting from the stone (?) she's holding.
It's only badge I've made so far, so I have no idea if I can do it again! Thanks though!
And it's not rock - Sera has light magic ^^
This is my 3rd tablet drawing, where I tried a new shading technique:
melody10_by_brutakablaziken-d7rlbl6.png
and I'm currently working on my 4th tablet drawing, where I'm trying a new way of making cleaner base coats, and it seems to be working well:
pachirisu3scrnsht1_by_brutakablaziken-d7rw6pn.png

But my goodness, nothing I could ever do with my Prismacolor color pencils could ever compare with yours! The prism effect on that Metapod... me oh my, it's remarkable.
This is about all I can do (ive already posted this picture here before, but in case you haven't seen it yet):
sera_02_by_brutakablaziken-d7p419p.png

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
bru those tablet drawings are amazing as well as dat badge you make my badges look like a newbie :p keep up the good work the only banner i have done right now is in my sig tbh i haven't done much art like i use to but once i do ill sure to post here for you guys to critique

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
Bru, I like that shading technique better. I think the smoothness of it works better with the drawing on that one. That's a great start to your fourth piece as well!
I like the style that you have with the colored pencils. Leaving white space gives it a lighter and softer appearance. Practice makes perfect, so keep up the good work.

the only banner i have done right now is in my sig tbh i haven't done much art like I use to but once i do ill sure to post here for you guys to critique
Your banner is cool! I like the animation; I never really see animated banners, but that might just be me I guess. I look forward to seeing what you post!

Brutaka

Ignition
bru those tablet drawings are amazing as well as dat badge you make my badges look like a newbie :p keep up the good work the only banner i have done right now is in my sig tbh i haven't done much art like i use to but once i do ill sure to post here for you guys to critique

I could never get the hang of animated banners, so good work there! Haha.
I reopened Fly High, so I was making a bunch of dummy examples for the shop, and I accidentally made one I really like! I'd never use it, far too pink, but I dunno. I like it.
Shine_zps36db6e84.png

Bru, I like that shading technique better. I think the smoothness of it works better with the drawing on that one. That's a great start to your fourth piece as well!
I like the style that you have with the colored pencils. Leaving white space gives it a lighter and softer appearance. Practice makes perfect, so keep up the good work.
Yeah. I figured out how to use that 'Flow' option on the brushes in photoshop, haha.
I've been working with color pencils the longest, but they just weren't enough for me.

Oh, and I finished the Pachirisu. I finished it like it was - the regular colored male. But I decided to edit it to be a shiny female (though I do have the regualr male completed in my personal files as well).
shiny_pachirisu_by_brutakablaziken-d7s1534.png

Ursariing

Gary Oak of Rap
I reopened Fly High, so I was making a bunch of dummy examples for the shop, and I accidentally made one I really like! I'd never use it, far too pink, but I dunno. I like it.
Shine_zps36db6e84.png

How I envy your skill to create such a nice banner.

The Pachirisu shading is really well done.! I love the 3D effect it just pops at you.!

Thanks! And thanks for all of the other compliments I have received. They are greatly appreciated. And you're right, I use Prismacolors. The toned tan paper really helps them stand out more. And I look forward to seeing your drawings!

As for me recently: I decided to start a Pokedex challenge. Metapod is in my signature, but I'll link the gallery here.

And here's a Raikou that I entered for a contest, but didn't place (better luck next time!)
raikou_by_jmonkey2105-d7qqt8i.png

P.S. sorry for long post. I just have a lot to say! And I look forward to seeing what all of you create soon.

'Dat contrast doe. I love the coloring style and line work you do.! I can't wait to see you complete this Pokedex Challenge. Speaking of which, I'm totally gonna have to get on that and try it myself.

I finally created a DA and I currently have two pieces of art on there (cause I have a bunch of Illustrator pieces I need to figure out to convert) but check it out if you wanna. I did a Pokemon themed Google Logo project, which i'll share here.

Also, I'm further practicing userbars and stuff, experimenting with the broken ones.
phobe_zpsc8708b8c.png

Also I appoligize to commenting even though, I'm not an "member" yet, but I couldn't hold back.! To much good art

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Oh, and I finished the Pachirisu. I finished it like it was - the regular colored male. But I decided to edit it to be a shiny female (though I do have the regualr male completed in my personal files as well).

I actually like the shading technique on the Pachirisu a lot. I like the style itself, and the shading is sharper and clearer (though I'm a sucker for more clear-cut colours like that).

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
Shine_zps36db6e84.png

I've been working with color pencils the longest, but they just weren't enough for me.

I'll stop by your shop sometime and order something! Your banners look amazing.
And if your use of color pencils have improved over that time, then you're doing something right. You're good with them from what I can see.

And I agree with Ursariing: Pachirisu really pops out. I love the subtle shading in the darkest areas.

'Dat contrast doe. I love the coloring style and line work you do.! I can't wait to see you complete this Pokedex Challenge. Speaking of which, I'm totally gonna have to get on that and try it myself.

I finally created a DA and I currently have two pieces of art on there (cause I have a bunch of Illustrator pieces I need to figure out to convert) but check it out if you wanna. I did a Pokemon themed Google Logo project, which i'll share here.

Thank you. I don't know when I'll get the whole project done, especially since I start college in a few months, but I know I will finish someday. Good luck if you start one too!

I'll be your first watcher on DA. I look forward to seeing what you post! I like the idea of the Pokemon Google logo. It's definitely something I should try as well.

I decided to draw Weedle with my tablet! This is my second or third full drawing with a tablet so I'm not as good as with traditional art, but I tried my best to replicate what I can normally do:
013_weedle_by_jmonkey2105-d7s3ak8.png
Let me know how I can improve! And keep up the work everyone. I enjoy seeing everyone's art.

Brutaka

Ignition
I decided to draw Weedle with my tablet! This is my second or third full drawing with a tablet so I'm not as good as with traditional art, but I tried my best to replicate what I can normally do:
013_weedle_by_jmonkey2105-d7s3ak8.png
Let me know how I can improve! And keep up the work everyone. I enjoy seeing everyone's art.

That's pretty good! And yeah, it looks a lot your traditional work! The only difference is that the color transitions aren't as smooth on the digital one.

So I decided to do a quickie sketch with my tablet. All my previous work used a pencil outline that I scanned and drew over. This time, I started and ended with just the tablet. It's a practice of sorts to get used to the feel of the stylus and opacity/fade for brush strokes. Time Spent - ~25 minutes.
shiny_pachirisu_02_by_brutakablaziken-d7s67h7.png

Keysmash

buys meat
Personally, I find traditional art far harder than digital. At least with a tablet, you can kind of cheat effects with the drawing program and have an undo button...

Status
Not open for further replies.