• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keysmash

buys meat
You know, that's what I thought too.

Then I tried it.

lol

But... traditional's just so... difficult... at least with digital, you start getting used to the tablet and settings and pen pressure or whatnot, but with traditional, it just--?!

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
That's pretty good! And yeah, it looks a lot your traditional work! The only difference is that the color transitions aren't as smooth on the digital one.

So I decided to do a quickie sketch with my tablet. All my previous work used a pencil outline that I scanned and drew over. This time, I started and ended with just the tablet. It's a practice of sorts to get used to the feel of the stylus and opacity/fade for brush strokes. Time Spent - ~25 minutes.
shiny_pachirisu_02_by_brutakablaziken-d7s67h7.png
Thanks. Yeah I see, and I'm working on the color transition on Kakuna. I'm almost done and I'm really pleased with it so far!
That's a nice sketch! It seems a little blurry though? That would be my only criticism. Otherwise, nice work again!

lol

But... traditional's just so... difficult... at least with digital, you start getting used to the tablet and settings and pen pressure or whatnot, but with traditional, it just--?!

It's all a matter of preference. I'm most comfortable with traditional because it's what I've been doing my whole life. Just like the tablet, you get used to it over time. You get a feel for something physical and you get used to how you can hold it in different ways or apply different pressures to get what you want. There's also the fact that with some traditional media like pen and colored pencils, (like you said) there's no undo button and no eraser, so every line counts and you have to work with mistakes, which can sometimes add personality to a piece.

I see both sides, and I agree that both have their pros and cons and that masterpieces can be created both ways. I just prefer traditional more since the majority of my life was spent working traditionally.

Keysmash

buys meat
On a different note, I know we discussed this a few months back, but would anyone want to do a collab? I haven't feel like drawing anything for a while and it'd be fun to work with one of you lovely people here.

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
On a different note, I know we discussed this a few months back, but would anyone want to do a collab? I haven't feel like drawing anything for a while and it'd be fun to work with one of you lovely people here.
I've never done a collaboration before, but I'm interested! Anything in particular you're thinking of?

Another quickie sketch!
A bit muggy, but I didn't spend much time on it.
shiny_emolga_by_brutakablaziken-d7s8usx.png
Nice progress. I like the glow a lot. I'm like a moth I guess.

And here's Beedrill done with my tablet. I'm definitely getting the hang of it fast:
015_beedrill_by_jmonkey2105-d7sf6lb.png

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I've never done a collaboration before, but I'm interested! Anything in particular you're thinking of?

And here's Beedrill done with my tablet. I'm definitely getting the hang of it fast:
015_beedrill_by_jmonkey2105-d7sf6lb.png
I'd like the idea of a collaboration, but I'd have to get used to traditional drawing again, unless I can discover a good app for my tablet that's $2 or less.

Hmm... the Beedril's not your best work in my opinion... It's legs look a little off... Not that I could ever draw that well ^_^;

Brutaka

Ignition
I'd like the idea of a collaboration, but I'd have to get used to traditional drawing again, unless I can discover a good app for my tablet that's $2 or less.

I'm not sure what it costs, but my friend uses Sketchbook on her Samsung tablet, which runs Android.

She used it to make something in 15 minutes that's better than anything I've ever done in my life.
Sadness.

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo

Hmm... the Beedril's not your best work in my opinion... It's legs look a little off... Not that I could ever draw that well ^_^;

A quick search came up with ArtFlow and Sketchbook (there's a free version). I'm not sure if those offer what you're looking for or if you've already tried those, but those are what I found.

And I know about the legs -_-. I would be able to do them traditionally but for some reason with a drawing tablet my brain just mushed and...ended up with that. Thanks for the feedback.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I'm not sure what it costs, but my friend uses Sketchbook on her Samsung tablet, which runs Android.

She used it to make something in 15 minutes that's better than anything I've ever done in my life.
Sadness.
A quick search came up with ArtFlow and Sketchbook (there's a free version). I'm not sure if those offer what you're looking for or if you've already tried those, but those are what I found.

And I know about the legs -_-. I would be able to do them traditionally but for some reason with a drawing tablet my brain just mushed and...ended up with that. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks to you both, but now due to technical issues my tablet is difficult to use. I'll see if I can get it to the play store.

Keysmash

buys meat
Thanks to you both, but now due to technical issues my tablet is difficult to use. I'll see if I can get it to the play store.

If it gets really bad, there're drawing tablets, new, that you can get for about forty dollars, if I remember correctly. Even older models work well for this kind of thing, imo.

Also, meh.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Ah, I remember the old club, glad to see it was restarted. :D

Username: Keldminrachi91
Nickname (optional): Cooki, if you don't mind.
Gender (optional): Girl.
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Nada.
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Nada.
What kind of artist are you?: I do mostly digital banners, but recently I have gotten into doing traditional sketching.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Uhh... I think I'm seriously getting the wrong idea of that Pikachu. Unless it's supposed to be a Nazichu...*~*
Ah, I remember the old club, glad to see it was restarted. :D

Username: Keldminrachi91
Nickname (optional): Cooki, if you don't mind.
Gender (optional): Girl.
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Nada.
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Nada.
What kind of artist are you?: I do mostly digital banners, but recently I have gotten into doing traditional sketching.
Welcome (back?) to the club!

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo

Uhh... I think I'm seriously getting the wrong idea of that Pikachu. Unless it's supposed to be a Nazichu...*~*
I'm getting that vibe too...but I like the texture of the shading.

Here's something I entered for a contest on DA:
a_fighter_is_born_by_jmonkey2105-d7sqqdf.png

I realize the egg is lopsided and I got a little lazy on some the broken flying pieces of egg, but I like how it turned out. :D

And welcome back Keldminrachi!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki

Welcome (back?) to the club!

Thanks. :)

If it gets really bad, there're drawing tablets, new, that you can get for about forty dollars, if I remember correctly. Even older models work well for this kind of thing, imo.

Also, meh.

Pikachu looks very fluffy. And I do agree with King Infernape that it's got a bit of a Nazi-vibe.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
It seems everyone has started to draw digitally (and you're all so good at it). Really good Pachirisu.
Maybe I should try drawing with a mouse again...I suppose it's not THAT bad...
It would be interesting. Maybe I could try once I get back home, to my other computer that I use for art and all that stuff.
Nice.
I absolutely love your use of color. In all your works. How long have you been drawing like this? It looks like it took years of practice :0

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
I'm getting that vibe too...but I like the texture of the shading.

Here's something I entered for a contest on DA:
a_fighter_is_born_by_jmonkey2105-d7sqqdf.png

I realize the egg is lopsided and I got a little lazy on some the broken flying pieces of egg, but I like how it turned out. :D

And welcome back Keldminrachi!

I like the coloring and shading on the egg a lot. Tyrogue looks quite cute (and tough at the same time, not sure how to describe him).

Also, does anyone here know how to make animated banners on GIMP? I have no clue how you get it to stay animated once you save it as a .gif, or is it not possible with GIMP?

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
I absolutely love your use of color. In all your works. How long have you been drawing like this? It looks like it took years of practice :0
Thank you! About a year and a half ago I think. I used to be horrible with colors until I had in assignment in art class to replicate the color style of Leroy Neiman. I really pushed my boundaries because nobody else in class did and it turned out great. Moral of the story: get outta your comfort zone! Sorry for the short story heh. I tend to do that.
I like the coloring and shading on the egg a lot. Tyrogue looks quite cute (and tough at the same time, not sure how to describe him).

Also, does anyone here know how to make animated banners on GIMP? I have no clue how you get it to stay animated once you save it as a .gif, or is it not possible with GIMP?

Thanks!
I believe when you are on the window to "export as .gif" you need to have "as animation" checked. Let me know if that works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.