1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Kaiserin, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katelia

katelia Graceful Elegance

Oh I see.
    Thanks for the information... now how to get those 15 posts... *ponders*

2. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

I'll come eventually, but you can still put in your sign-up form.

3. Keysmash

Keysmash buys meat

How come I always miss the interesting things (interaction between members?! oh my god!) when I leave for a day or two?

Anyhow, welcome to new and old(?) members alike!

4. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I was bored so I made a couple of pencil sketches. I'd been meaning to get a good grouping on pictures of my 5 OC's all together in the same style, so I'm glad I finally finished it.
    From left to right: Melody, Pandora, Laura, Violet, and Sera.
    This is also the order of their original creation, Melody being my first OC and Sera being the most recent.
    [​IMG]
    Melody, the aquatic scientific miracle
    Pandora, the crazed pyrokinetic
    Laura, the traumatized, metal-clawed child
    Violet, the stalwart vigilante
    Sera, the deceptive angel

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

those drawings looks nice bru i need to get to drawing on again on my traditional art I can't really show much to you guys anyway with that one do to i don't have a way to scan my art to the computer :/ but once i do ill show you all but its kinda hard

I like the shading looks really nice are they suppose to chibi art right becuase if they are they look pretty good bru i never could draw chibi's i tend to like draw more anime that isn't chibi so its a treat to me :p

6. Kitt Geekazaru

Well, I got my tablet to get Sketchbook, and it's completely awesome, but now I have no idea what to draw.

7. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I don't think it can be considered chibi. Those have a much bigger head proportionately than mine do. It's just a cartoonier / sketchier version of my usual style. Thanks still though! ^_^

8. FairyWitch

hahaha yeah true i just saw a small body so i assumed but your right they don't have a huge head lol no problem though they do look great though :)

9. burnt_lucario

burnt_lucario Gracias al mundo

Awesome! Draw a Torchic riding on the back of a Lotad (if you want to of course). I'm curious to see how that would look.

I've been working a little bit more with my tablet and tried a different style:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, is there going to be a collab? Who's up for it? Talk about it just sort of died down...

10. Kitt Geekazaru

OK, then. That seems like a simple enough beginning task.

Hmm... the Rattata seems a bit too sketchy. Too much outlining, maybe? It looks good on the Raticate, though. I think it would be better on more primal, angry things than your Rattata.

Maybe the collab could be ORAS related? I'm still new at this stuff, so I'm not going to organize it or anything, but I have some ideas.

11. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I'd be down with anything related to collab. *shrug* But I don't what else to say about it.

@burnt_lucario: I like the Rattata! It's so cute ^^

Oh, and a new banner type! Looks kinda awesome, if I do say so myself.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my first banners that I offer that require the use of my tablet, as all the strokes in the picture are hand drawn.

12. Ursariing

Ursariing Gary Oak of Rap

I'm getting really jelly of how you color things >.< I personally think to sketchy, childish look is really cool and add some professionalism to it.

As for a collab, I'm down.? Although I'm busy this upcoming weekend. When I get back, I'm planning on doing some art and junk and more activity.!

13. Fabulous Ampharos

Fabulous Ampharos Pokemon Breeder :3

Username: Fabulous Ampharos
    Nickname (optional): Call me Amphy or Draggi
    Gender (optional): Male
    Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): I'm learning, so not really much xD
    Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Here's some links:
    http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-3-469285533
    http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Severus-Gift-for-Masterlevan1-467435798
    http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Art-Trade-with-BlueySerperior-467899959
    (If you'd like these in pictures, just tell me and I'll change it)

What kind of artist are you?: I'm a fantasy artist, mainly dragons.
    Although I do draw Pokemon sometimes ^^

14. katelia

katelia Graceful Elegance

Ah well... let's give it a try anyway. How do you get your post count up here anyway?

Username: Katelia
    Nickname (optional): junichi
    Gender (optional): male in rl, anything that fits my personality online
    Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP: Full gallery (newest on front pages) http://jun1chi.deviantart.com/gallery/33517208/Artworks

Any other examples you'd like to show us?:
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/118/6/f/kanto_12_new_game_by_jun1chi-d4xwuez.jpg = a Pokémon drawing
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/122/d/b/oriental_parade_complete_by_jun1chi-d63q7v5.jpg = a roleplay drawing
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/350/8/0/8019f811470bda298a4b4a42be2e6e90-d6y5czq.jpg = another roleplay drawing

What kind of artist are you?: pencil artist

EDIT: It's should be fine now ^^

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  15. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Katelia, while I admire the clever solution (and will leave your links because I am familiar with the site). Please do not try to circumvent the rules, new members are not allowed to post links for a reason. Also, you will have to post outside of clubs to get your post count up.

16. Keysmash

Keysmash buys meat

Collabs, huh? It doesn't look like OP will be coming back anytime soon, so currently active members (I'm assuming you all recognize each other by now) could just VM each other if interested. Of course, not really my place to say, but I'm not sure how else it could be organized.

Take initiative if you want to get stuff done, basically.

17. Savanny Killersaurus

Savanny Killersaurus In Another Castle

Username: Savanny Killersaurus
    Nickname (optional): Savanny or Savvy
    Gender (optional): female
    Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): everything is on my photobucket
    Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Le Nah
    What kind of artist are you?: purely digital

18. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

Oh dang, you're good.
    Have you worked in one of the fan art shops before? It looks kinda like you have.

19. Toyosatomimi no Miko

Toyosatomimi no Miko 炎髪灼眼の討ち手

I moved over to Ps before I started doing animated banners, but I did make some little animated whatever thingys on GIMP. I used the lickie guide here and messed around a bit. Im guessing something about naming the layers with "(replace)", cause that's all I remember.
    Wow, I've been doing banners and whatnot for about the same amount of time (if not less).
    But yeah, it's definitely a good piece of advice to get out of a comfort zone ^^
    I like the Raticate, I think the style fits it more than Rattata.

So I'm back, and made two more banners. The animated one took a TON of work, it went over the 500 kb thing, but after I fixed it a little it just didn't look...nice. So I messed around with the animation setting things on ImageReady and eventually just settled with how it was. Oh well. I learned a thing or two, at least.

[spoil][​IMG]

[​IMG][/spoil]

20. FairyWitch

hey savanny welcome to the club also those are some nice ratatta and raticate drawings :) I am still here and yes brutaka savanny did work in the art shop section before ;) I am gunna post later some art i did for banners and etc that are current soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.