• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Ah, okay. I'll decide when that's up then. My gosh, starter of next page again? I didn't think that'd happen...

00swms

Chaos Theory
Art Competition #1

You'll have about week to produce your art work by the deadline. If turned in late you'll deducted 10 points off of your accumulated score. Also you'll see form listed below that will be listed to enter and if you like your score to publicly displayed. You'll VM or PM me directly your entry form. Also good luck in the contest we're going have a lot fun with it. The first deadline to sumbit art to all the judges is Nov-16-2014. This also include your entry form. Last I've taken the time link the judges once you're finish with the are pm all them directly. Please tell them in the title or post this for the contest.

Theme: Lux Aurumque “Light and Gold or sometime referred as Light of Gold”

Requirements:

You're able to create traditional or digital art.

You'll have full creative freedom withing the range of theme.

No size requirements.

Entry Form:

Serebii Username:
Publicize Score on the Thread (y/n):
Publicize Judges Comments (y/n):

Judges:

00swms

Azulart

BlackwingMarauder

I've made line in one week, but I'm pretty open to giving more time this the first contest it will be test run. So after this one is done and you'll need more rnext you'll be able to make comment about after this one. As I'm going get feedback from members her about the contest.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, I want to wish the participents good luck in the competition.

Looking forward seeing many art come my way to judge :)

golem12

Dragon Trainer
Username:golem12
Nickname (optional):
Gender (optional): male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three):
Any other examples you'd like to show us?:
golem_zps3aa5ab9c.png

What kind of artist are you?: just as hobby

orochi

Username: Orochi
Nickname (optional): None or you can call me Oro ;3
Gender (optional): Female >w<
DA: http://orochi619.deviantart.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UwiGoncho/806314706056640
1.) my signature
2.)megastone kitty collar charm
mawilite_kitten_collar_charm_by_orochi619_d84pk86__by_orochi619-d85w9bk.jpg

3.)Cover for my friends story
samurai_girl_by_orochi619-d7fk9ma.png

What kind of artist are you?:
Ummmmmm that's a hard one. Well I like traditional media, digital media.....photography.........resin art.....baking but i burn everything..............you know what! I'm a cute kitty artist ;3 Mew Mew

00swms

Chaos Theory
Username:golem12
Nickname (optional):
Gender (optional): male
golem_zps3aa5ab9c.png

What kind of artist are you?: just as hobby

Username: Orochi
Nickname (optional): None or you can call me Oro ;3
Gender (optional): Female >w<
DA: http://orochi619.deviantart.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UwiGoncho/806314706056640
1.) my signature
2.)megastone kitty collar charm
mawilite_kitten_collar_charm_by_orochi619_d84pk86__by_orochi619-d85w9bk.jpg

3.)Cover for my friends story
samurai_girl_by_orochi619-d7fk9ma.png

What kind of artist are you?:
Ummmmmm that's a hard one. Well I like traditional media, digital media.....photography.........resin art.....baking but i burn everything..............you know what! I'm a cute kitty artist ;3 Mew Mew

Our current post owner/holder has been inactive for while now, but you're welcome post as please I'll keep list of new members joining the art club. I'm not sure what we'll be doing to fix that though.
Also y'all art is amazing <3.

-00swms

00swms

Chaos Theory
I haven't posted here forever... wow, I am wondering if I could leave this club? Art just isn't my thing.

I've pretty sent much sent vm on this topic that at end day it's your choice.

Back to drawing for a bit!
I drew this cute squirrel here yesterday. I was cold.
scarfed_squirrel_by_brutakablaziken-d86ez23.jpg
What's cooler though, is that I recorded myself drawing it, so you can watch me draw that little dude at 20x speed!

OH MUCH GAWD CUTE. I really had the abilities to draw like oh well :)

Art Contest Update

Last weeks art contest had very low turn out with only two entries in total. With that being said I'm pretty sure everyone has life outside so I've extended the deadlines of art contest to last 2 weeks for future ones. The new theme is listed below with the deadline is December-02-14 11:59pm Central Time (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). VM or PM the entry form directly to me and not on the thread. Winner from the last art contest will be posted later.

Theme: Insanity of Imaginary World

Requirements:

You're able to create traditional or digital art.

You'll have full creative freedom withing the range of theme.

No size requirements.

Entry Form:

Serebii Username:
Publicize Score on the Thread (y/n):
Publicize Judges Comments (y/n):

Judges:

00swms

Azulart

BlackwingMarauder

Current/Future Themes & Dates

The next art contest deadline December-02-14 11:59pm Central Time (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).

Nov-18-2014 through December-02-2014: Theme "Insanity Of An Imaginary World"

December-03-2014 through December-17-2014: Theme "Winter Wonderland"

December-18-2014 through January-03-2015: Theme "Synergy"

-00swms

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
Username: Skarm™
Nickname (optional): Skarm
Gender (optional): Male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Nope.
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: [X] [X] [X]
What kind of artist are you?: Graphic Designer

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Gonna join this one again.

Username: GoldenHouou
Nickname: GH works
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP: Deviantart
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: n/a atm. I made my sigs if that counts.
What kind of artist are you?: Digital and traditional, mostly the former nowadays. I've dabbled in sig making, graphic designing and 3D modelling as well.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Serebii Username: Skarm™
Publicize Score on the Thread (y/n): Yes
Publicize Judges Comments (y/n): Yes

PixZZ0V.png

00swms

Chaos Theory
Username: Skarm™
Nickname (optional): Skarm
Gender (optional): Male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Nope.
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: [X] [X] [X]
What kind of artist are you?: Graphic Designer

Gonna join this one again.

Username: GoldenHouou
Nickname: GH works
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP: Deviantart
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: n/a atm. I made my sigs if that counts.
What kind of artist are you?: Digital and traditional, mostly the former nowadays. I've dabbled in sig making, graphic designing and 3D modelling as well.

Currently our post/thread owner hasn't been on in while. You won't be added to the list nor will hear reply from her most likely.

Serebii Username: Skarm™
Publicize Score on the Thread (y/n): Yes
Publicize Judges Comments (y/n): Yes

PixZZ0V.png

I actually wanted this to be PMed to judge but that's okay I'll do that.

View attachment 13801 haven't posted here for a while now, I finished this today

Awesome drawing I'm just happy to see people posting little more. Also to the active member we need talk about the the post owner who been gone for while like what our plans about that.

-00swms

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Um... I'm trying to make sprites of characters like Grimlock but uh... I was wondering about something.

Do you think it's a good idea to practice spriting through fusions? Because I just went straight to making a custom sprite of Grimlock (FoC).

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Do you think it's a good idea to practice spriting through fusions? Because I just went straight to making a custom sprite of Grimlock (FoC).

You don't necessarily have to practice with fusions before going for custom sprites. In my opinion, sprites made from scratch and fusions have quite a little in common and require a different set of skills. For fusions, you need to be able to edit what's already there and make it look good, while custom spriting requires you to start with nothing and build your way to what you wanna create. It's a bit similar to drawing over bases versus drawing things on your own, in my opinion. It might help with some things, like keeping your hand steady and learning to use the tools you have, but nothing teaches you more about custom spriting than just... custom spriting - even if the first few results aren't exactly what you want them to be.

Granted, it's been a while since I've done any sprite-related work, but as I recall it, I always considered fusions and customs as two separate things to learn. So, I dunno, my two cents?

tl;dr: imo, just practice with custom sprites, if those are what you want to create. Fusions are a thing on their own.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@GoldenHouou

Ah, okay. You got a point there. Thanks for the two cents. It was some good insight. Now onto finishing Grimlock and starting on Zero...

Edit: Oh and are there any other programs besides Flash that can animate things? And for sprites?

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@Charred: No sweat. Good luck, Grimlock seems like a difficult thing to start with (but also fun fun).

Also, I might as well throw more of my cents around for your second question; there are tons of programs with animation features. If you're looking for one specifically for sprites, though, maybe try aseprite? I haven't done any pixel animating myself so I can't speak from experience or anything, but that one seems to fit the bill for what you're looking for, and it's free. Others probably know more about this topic than I do, though. I've only animated 3D things and 2D things that weren't sprites (Flash and .gif images only), so eh.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yeah, he is. But I find his dinosaur mode easier to make.

Hmm, I'll try ot when I can. 3D? 3D?! Do you think you could elaborate on the 3D model making? ^^; (And maybe 2D also?) But anyways, thanks again. ^_^ That helps a lot.

00swms

Chaos Theory
I'm sorry I haven't posted in more than week now, but I'll congratulate our winner Anakbae for winning the first art contest theme "Lux Aurumque" also known as light and gold. Last thing please current contest deadline is Dec 2nd. Please submit the art work by the deadline please you can find the current contest theme in above post.

Submit Art Work "Lux Aurumque Theme"

Anakbae

RZUgY0S.png

Golem12

test_zpscfa31b4f.png

-00swms

Status
Not open for further replies.