• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutaka

Ignition
I havent remade a lot of things, actually. I think the only thing I have remade recently was my first TCG Fade Banner:

Eeveelutions_zps8e2f2d4f.png
->
Supremacy_zpscb212de6.png

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
What have you been working on lately? Do you have any works in progress you'd like to show us?[/B]

Have you ever gone back and redone works you completed a long time ago?

Well so far the most current one that I was working on and finished was the Frozen painting. which I already showed in one of my links. Right now I have been experimenting with a lot more of wallpaper things especially with colors.. Im not good at picking a color for the final product ._. be it banner or otherwise.

this are the ones I am working on and I don't know which colored one looks best:
-Orange- -White-

I've never gone back to redo a project I did long ago. The program I use and save the banners and wallpapers doesn't allow me to save in layers. Also I'm not much for re-drawing things I have drawn. I am thinking of doing so though with the painting I made long ago in art class that I do not have longer with me, but I do remember exactly what and how it looks like. I recently bought big canvasses so I hope to give it a go at it soon.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
What have you been working on lately? Do you have any works in progress you'd like to show us?

I haven't done mostly new stuff do to being a bit busy but once i do i can show you and for the second question I have gone back a few times im in progress of redoing my split userbars maybe a few weeks ago before i closed down my guild here is a few of the difference of before and after.

5v5B82s.png

HM8kDTH.png

Keysmash

buys meat
What have you been working on lately? Do you have any works in progress you'd like to show us?

Well, my mom wants me to enter a city art competition, so I did. I'm really behind, though, as it's due in 2 weeks and I'm not even close to being finished. I'm not very good at colour pencil, or traditional in general...
3gip.jpg

Yeah, only sketches though. I found some from last year's doodlebook and redrew them a few months ago. Here are a few:

4vlw.jpg

[spoil]
56ft.jpg
[/spoil]

cgnd.jpg

And I think that a group event would be fun, too. Maybe you could add them to the OP to show our distinct styles and stuff. :0

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Well, now I'm back, after a bad and long case of personal attacks directed at me...

Username: Akanjão
Nickname (optional): Akan
Gender (optional): Male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): http://sohryu01.deviantart.com/
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: This, this and that
What kind of artist are you?: Digital artist at best, but I'm getting my hand on some pen =)

I don't have anything new in particular. I'm trying to use that "Bokeh" style more, though.

Nothin' in particular, but you just gave me an idea.

Last edited:

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?

This question actually got me thinking and I drew THIS picture pretty much a year and a week ago from today. I know i've improved a ton since then and i've gotten much better tools at my disposal. Better art programs, better tablet all that nice stuff. So I wanted to try redrawing it. Previously I was looking at a ref for it to. This time the only ref or base i'm using is the old picture itself.

THIS is what I have done so far. I mean it's only a tiny part of the sketch and I already feel it's 5 times better than my first one. I'm actually really excited to try and continue working on this. [also why is it that when I draw ash anymore he looks in his late teens...]

Keysmash

buys meat
This question actually got me thinking and I drew THIS picture pretty much a year and a week ago from today. I know i've improved a ton since then and i've gotten much better tools at my disposal. Better art programs, better tablet all that nice stuff. So I wanted to try redrawing it. Previously I was looking at a ref for it to. This time the only ref or base i'm using is the old picture itself.

THIS is what I have done so far. I mean it's only a tiny part of the sketch and I already feel it's 5 times better than my first one. I'm actually really excited to try and continue working on this. [also why is it that when I draw ash anymore he looks in his late teens...]

Oh my gosh your art has improved so much!! :0 It makes me really happy when people get better over time, even when I have a deep seething jealousy of them (coughs)

It's funny, because even when I feel like I haven't improved in months, I look back like "Wow. Wow. I drew this. This is something I drew." I don't know, when I see a finished work of mine nowadays, I have a hard time believing I did it.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
It's funny, because even when I feel like I haven't improved in months, I look back like "Wow. Wow. I drew this. This is something I drew." I don't know, when I see a finished work of mine nowadays, I have a hard time believing I did it.

Yeah, I know that feeling. I seem to get it a lot. With banners too.

So anyway, since the spring anime season of 2014 has started, I decided to make another rectangle, with one of the main characters of the coming anime. Or maybe I just did it because someone I knew kept bugging me about the show. Also, anime = 90% of my inspiration.

terabyte_zps13d1c5c1.png

I feel like I had a lot of fun with this one, more than I have with the animated ones.
It was a lot of blue.

Keysmash

buys meat

So anyway, since the spring anime season of 2014 has started, I decided to make another rectangle, with one of the main characters of the coming anime. Or maybe I just did it because someone I knew kept bugging me about the show. Also, anime = 90% of my inspiration.

terabyte_zps13d1c5c1.png

I feel like I had a lot of fun with this one, more than I have with the animated ones.
It was a lot of blue.

I really like it! The image is crisp and clean. I don't which anime it is, though, lol...

There are apparently many series that are being renewed this summer. I've been getting back into DRRR!! and I think I'll be posting some art eventually. Honestly, I can't even consider my drawings art as they're mostly just little sketches of characters...

Brutaka

Ignition

terabyte_zps13d1c5c1.png

It was a lot of blue.

Ooh, I like that! I love seeing other people's Tech Banner styles because even though they have the same idea, they often vary a lot. This is mine:
Zorua_zps74db92e8.png

Also, I don't typically redraw stuff I did exactly, but I draw my OC's a lot. So this is a small sample of my OC Melody's journey, so to speak:
-December 2010
-January 2013
-January 2014

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Username: Forsaken Greninja
Nickname (optional): Twilight/Sparkle (any of the MLP Pony names honestly, Derpy most preferred!)
Gender (optional): Female >_>
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three):
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: I.. uh, would show you all my drawings, but unfortunetally with my phone I can't delete some things off of it...
What kind of artist are you?: Drawer!

Keysmash

buys meat
Also, I don't typically redraw stuff I did exactly, but I draw my OC's a lot. So this is a small sample of my OC Melody's journey, so to speak:
-December 2010
-January 2013
-January 2014

I actually like the first design a lot, lol. But it's really nice how much you've improved!

On the other hand, I'm not sure how people can hold onto an OC for so long. I get bored after a week. There is an exception, though, but it's kind of personal and weird...

Sohryu

Be a Man!

Haha! I feel a bit like this when I finish something in which I actually like. Which is like, rare. I usually finish a work and say: "Man, that's ****, lemme re-do", but indeed, it's better than when I first started...
hT9r00K.png

qmYM7rl.png

Now I'm doing just a bit better:
qS36isD.png

terabyte_zps13d1c5c1.png

It was a lot of blue.

I don't know. It's so simple, but it does have a cool and good feeling. Something which I find rare to find on sigs nowadays. Specially on mines.
Nice work! But I'd prefer the render to be slightly bigger.

http://prntscr.com/37m4j7 Background to one of my sigs. Easily my favorite background @.@

Not posting the finished product since I haven't finished editing my old banners, and uploading them all at once.

Oh boy, that's cool! But you could have used weaker scanlines, and maybe set it to overlay. It darkens the image just a this one, but I don't know which effect you tried to achieve, exactly. Either way, I liked.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Ooh, I like that! I love seeing other people's Tech Banner styles because even though they have the same idea, they often vary a lot. This is mine:
True.
Yours is pretty darn awesome *^*
On the other hand, I'm not sure how people can hold onto an OC for so long. I get bored after a week. There is an exception, though, but it's kind of personal and weird...
I can't hold onto an OC for more than a day, lol. I draw one, then the next day it's completely forgotten and I've moved on.
Which is why I just don't create them.
I don't know. It's so simple, but it does have a cool and good feeling. Something which I find rare to find on sigs nowadays. Specially on mines.
Nice work! But I'd prefer the render to be slightly bigger.

The improvement is definitely there, I think the only thing that throws me off is that a bit of the S is sticking out into the black. It's not that bad but it's just sort of...there.

Yeah, I thought it should be bigger too, but as I was scaling it I found that that size was the only one that really worked. I also considered making the tech ring bigger...or not. I'll go back and try to fix it a little, since I haven't trashed my .psd yet (yay for smart thinking :p). Also, according to sources she's supposed to be 640 px tall which won't work even if she's bending.
Sometimes too many effects can ruin a thing, but I think here my reasoning was that a) what I just said, b) I was kind of in a rush and decided that more wouldn't make it any better, and c) I was running out of room.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Zorua_zps74db92e8.png

-December 2010
-January 2013
-January 2014
really like how you improved on the OC! :D Personally I like your third sketch of it. The second one hides a lot of her body :c but it shows the emotion she is wearing right now.

I actually like the first design a lot, lol. But it's really nice how much you've improved!

I have had one of my OCs since 2006... :p Never really had it down on a drawing but actually in writing... he was one of the many protagonists in one of my stories. I think I really should draw him now. It grew with me all this years and I think you have made me think of a new idea to draw out! :D lol I'm going to draw him how he has looked until naow.

Anyways right now I am drawing a late birthday present for a friend. Each of the minions represents one of our friends. XP
I'll transfer it to one of the canvases I have to paint it.

hrSXFcN.jpg

Brutaka

Ignition
really like how you improved on the OC! :D Personally I like your third sketch of it. The second one hides a lot of her body :c but it shows the emotion she is wearing right now.

lol

I actually have heard someone else say they like the 1st more besides this. The issue is that with that style, it was basically a style I learned from a drawing book, and I wanted to make my own design. So that's what went on there. I like where I'm at now. The time between 2011-2012 and 2013-2014 showed to be the most dramatic to me. Here's my second OC, Pandora, who is quite a bit newer:
-May 2013
-March 2014
I'm quite happy with how that second one turned out. It's a very recent drawing.

And then I just finished this yesterday, which I'm also happy about.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
The improvement is definitely there, I think the only thing that throws me off is that a bit of the S is sticking out into the black. It's not that bad but it's just sort of...there.

Oh man, I didn't noticed that! Those criminal S, they defy the ol' LOCK and STAY rule of GIMP/PS.

Yeah, I thought it should be bigger too, but as I was scaling it I found that that size was the only one that really worked. I also considered making the tech ring bigger...or not. I'll go back and try to fix it a little, since I haven't trashed my .psd yet (yay for smart thinking :p). Also, according to sources she's supposed to be 640 px tall which won't work even if she's bending.
Sometimes too many effects can ruin a thing, but I think here my reasoning was that a) what I just said, b) I was kind of in a rush and decided that more wouldn't make it any better, and c) I was running out of room.

Yeah, now I think you can't have the render bigger. It just wouldn't fit, as it'd hide part of the effect and stuff.

Keysmash

buys meat
I've never really drawn Pokemon much before, but now I'm considering a massive project where I draw each and one of them... it'll take so long, but it sounds so worth it. I've gotten a start already in my art thread, and maybe I'll even create a masterlist or something...

Well, I can dream. -_- Most of the things I say I'll draw I don't or at least not until years later, simply because I don't have enough skill for it. It kind of dampens my mood knowing there are just some things I can't draw the way I want.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Zorua_zps74db92e8.png

-December 2010
-January 2013
-January 2014

speaking of tech banner these look great i should really redo my tech banners its been awhile sense i updated them these look gorgeous 0_0 I really do love the new look brutaka :) good job

Status
Not open for further replies.