• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Okay, everyone who has applied has been added to the list! You're all free to go about business as usual, by the way -- no need to wait for me, heh.

Although, to kickstart things, let's go with a refresher: What have you been working on lately? Do you have any works in progress you'd like to show us?

Alternatively, if you don't have anything: Have you ever gone back and redone works you completed a long time ago? The second one in particular has been niggling at me as an idea for a future thing we could do... not a contest, since that implies competition, but just as a group event for people to participate in if they please.

I've working on some chibis, I'm currently doing Black/White kyurem, I'll leave a link once I'm done

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Username: TheCharredDragon
Nickname (optional): I'd prefee being called Char or CC but any nickname's fine.
Gender (optional): Female
Links to anything you'd like to put
in the OP (up to three):
My deviantART account.
Any other examples you'd like to
show us?:
My most popular piece, My dA profile picture. Note that the size might be smaller than they really are.
What kind of artist are you?: A traditional artist but I've been trying to get into digital drawing. I also do a clay figurine making to help me draw at certain angles. And I animate once in a while, if that counts.

Anyways... I know that there's most likely a topic being discussed but I have an inquiry. Anyone know any animation programs like Adobe Flash?

Keysmash

buys meat
I know that there's most likely a topic being discussed but I have an inquiry. Anyone know any animation programs like Adobe Flash?

I use Flash CS4 for animation, but I know that you can do it on Photoshop too. There are also some free programs, but they usually aren't much good... I think Google would probably be able to tell you more.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username:woebegonenick
Nickname:nick
What art you enjoy doing:ghapich and drawing
How you became interested in art:When Mew had his artshop

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Been working on this dude today. Still need some cleaning but too hesitant to do it since I like sketchy marks x]

Sketchy marks are awesome. It looks pretty awesome so far.

Can I have some feedback and advice on this sprite please?
GrassStarterCroc_zps5b0e3a34.png

I know it isn't very good but it is my first scratch, at least I cant remember any others.

It's actually pretty good. I think the legs/mouth could use some work though.

isabelmagnolia

Agent Virginia
Ahh this seems very cool!!
Username: isabelmagnolia
Nickname (optional): Isabel
Gender (optional): Female
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): Deviantart, Tumblr (please note that there is swearing in the links, if you dont like to see that.)
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: While they are in the links shown, both this and this are works I am very proud of. (the images are very high res, take note if your internet isn't that good)
What kind of artist are you?: Casual fanartist, mainly. I work in both traditional (mainly with a simple mechanical pencil and printer paper) as well as digital. (wacom intuos pro tablet)

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
Username: Quilava42 (although I want to change this username)
Nickname (optional): Quil
Gender (optional): Male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three):
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: I'd probably show you some of the drawings I did in the past few months: http://lavaquil.deviantart.com/art/Painter-Growlithe-438685719 http://lavaquil.deviantart.com/art/Soul-Eater-NOT-445614929 http://fav.me/d6u5kgs http://fav.me/d6tgwab
What kind of artist are you?: A digital artist with a mouse.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I've not really been finding it in myself to do original pieces of artwork recently, bar the ones I've been having to do for my A-level coursework. As a result, I've been doing a lot of copies and transcriptions, particularly to venture forth in my never-ending quest to master the art of watercolours.

This one I did for a friend's birthday - despite it being a shameless copy of official art, it did take me much longer than anticipated and the paint was very difficult to handle at parts - colour consistency and gradation of tones in particular giving me much grief. It did turn out ok (with the exception of the eyes), though it bothers me that my artistic skills at the present time seem to be unable to go beyond merely piggybacking off other people's pieces.

Also, pencil-only version before I applied paint.

SAM_2075_zpseb29599b.jpg

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Finally finished this piece yesterday, it was a bit of a struggle to actually make them look like chibis but I'm happy with the end result. I just used the official artworks as references because I needed to make sure I added the extra detail :)
Feedback is welcome

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/101/2/b/2014_04_11_17_58_04_by_thunder2910-d7dztwa.jpg

I think W-Kyurem's eye looks a little too...round. I mean, I don't know if such an innocent looking eye fits with it.
B-Kyurem's feet look a little weird. And it's tail, the part that connects the generator to the everything else.
I think you did a better job with White Kyurem, though in general it's not bad (better than me, at least. lol).

Brutaka

Ignition
Finally finished this piece yesterday, it was a bit of a struggle to actually make them look like chibis but I'm happy with the end result. I just used the official artworks as references because I needed to make sure I added the extra detail :)
Feedback is welcome

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/101/2/b/2014_04_11_17_58_04_by_thunder2910-d7dztwa.jpg

I think W-Kyurem's eye looks a little too...round. I mean, I don't know if such an innocent looking eye fits with it.

Well, they're chibi's - that's the point.

All in all though, they're pretty good. Keep it up.

Oh, and I just bought a 150 count Prismacolor color pencil set. It's... it's beautiful ;_;
So I'm in the process of redoing one of my oldest drawing and then I'm going to color them with these bad boys.

EDIT: I finished it! Looooooooooook at it...

Last edited:

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Oh my gosh your art has improved so much!! :0 It makes me really happy when people get better over time, even when I have a deep seething jealousy of them (coughs)

It's funny, because even when I feel like I haven't improved in months, I look back like "Wow. Wow. I drew this. This is something I drew." I don't know, when I see a finished work of mine nowadays, I have a hard time believing I did it.

Ahh, i'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, school kinda reared it's ugly head at me and I haven't been able to art. Thank you! Yeah I amaze myself to sometimes. I mean just in general how much better this is turning out than the old version, and the fact that i'm free handing it all makes me feel all the more accomplished. By the way your art is freaking adorable! I want to just hug that Pikachu in your sig.

I've not really been finding it in myself to do original pieces of artwork recently, bar the ones I've been having to do for my A-level coursework. As a result, I've been doing a lot of copies and transcriptions, particularly to venture forth in my never-ending quest to master the art of watercolours.

This one I did for a friend's birthday - despite it being a shameless copy of official art, it did take me much longer than anticipated and the paint was very difficult to handle at parts - colour consistency and gradation of tones in particular giving me much grief. It did turn out ok (with the exception of the eyes), though it bothers me that my artistic skills at the present time seem to be unable to go beyond merely piggybacking off other people's pieces.

Also, pencil-only version before I applied paint.

-snip-

Holy cow that looks really cool! The paint work looks excellent! Watercolors are REALLY hard to use, so for you to be able to do that is amazing! I wish I were that good.

Well now that I'm done with school work for the moment I've been slowly working away at this when I get the chance to. This is how far i've gotten. Ignore the stupid word bubbles those were for a friend. I know there are a few things that I might change later, a few areas don't quite look right but I'm not even done with all the line work yet. They kinda don't have lower bodies and Asher doesn't have a hand [arguably the worst two things to draw.]

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
B-Kyurem's eye in that picture is actually bigger than W-Kyurem's. However, W-K's eye has a larger glare, making it look more innocent.
Oh. Okay. x-x Well, it's a good drawing.
They kinda don't have lower bodies and Asher doesn't have a hand [arguably the worst two things to draw.]

Yessss I don't do much drawing but hands are a pain in the butt. Like, I draw four fingers in an okay-ish way, and then the fifth finger looks horrible, and I can't fix it so I basically have to redraw the whole thing because my eraser sucks.
I read tutorials but they don't help nearly as much as I wish they would. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.