• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Maybe some kind of chart or plan can be set up in the OP? In previous clubs, I've seen events organized on the OP (such as 'CURRENT CHALLENGE:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lasting until xxx Participants: xxxxxx') that were organized based on the general availability of members. I think about a week of time was given for the participants to do their thing, maybe we can link to some kind of off-site poll to see which option people prefer? Then again, that club was rather small compared to this one, so I'm not sure it'll work.

I think I'd probably give it a little more than a week, considering how finicky the artistic process can be with some people, but I think this is a good idea, actually. Monthly themes, or a current event of the... whenever (monthly? bi-monthly?) to mix it up a bit.

I'm just slow as hell right now because again, depression is kicking my *** like you wouldn't believe, but I am compiling a list of ideas as they strike me.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I'm actually extremely anxious for this! Much anxious! Lemme see what exactly I can do lol looking forward to request something from Ram now lol since I really want a banner from her

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I'm actually extremely anxious for this! Much anxious! Lemme see what exactly I can do lol looking forward to request something from Ram now lol since I really want a banner from her

Well, we could take a head count of who would like to participate in these and then pair up people.

AnakBaé

Well, here's how it works. Artist 1 makes the sketch, then hands it off to Artist 2. Artist two does the line art, which could include a few minor changes, but likely nothing that significantly deviates from the sketch. Artist 2 then hands the lineart off to Artist 3 who does the coloring and shading.

In the link, phuiJL, Mizamy, and griffsnuff had it set up this way. Let's say phuiJL is Artist 1, griffsnuff is Artist 2, and Mizamy is Artist 3.

Picture #1
Artist 1's Sketch > Artist 2's Line Art > Artist 3's Coloring

Picture #2
Artist 3's Sketch > Artist 1's Line Art > Artist 2's Coloring

Picture #3
Artist 2's Sketch > Artist 3's Line Art > Artist 1's Coloring

Basically, all three artists perform all three steps, but each step goes toward a different picture.

We don't have to it like this, we could just have one person post up a sketch, another person picks it up and does the line art, and the third does the coloring. Either way, it makes for an interesting learning experience.

It's not too complicated. Basically, an art trade is where you make a request to one artist and they make what you want, and at the same time, they make a request to you and you make what they want.
Well, we could take a head count of who would like to participate in these and then pair up people.

Sounds like a good plan! Does everyone has enough supplies and time? The people better know their roles before entering.
Unless randomized and to make it more noticeable and organized, I'd suggest creating a form like this for future participants. Here's the example, you can add/remove anything to it:

Joining this drawing event.
Partners:
Which role you're partaking (Sketch/Lineart/color):

Well, I'm already in, for sure!
Baé could participate too, but he's been off lately.
Well I prefer doing things on my own but screw that. I'm in x]

Keysmash

buys meat
So, will we be doing art trades or collabs? Or both? Maybe we could do trades the first half of the month, then collabs the second (following the bi-monthly schedule Kaiserin proposed)?

Also, I'm guessing that we'll be independently VMing the partners we want for collabs and discussing that out-of-thread.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
So, will we be doing art trades or collabs? Or both? Maybe we could do trades the first half of the month, then collabs the second (following the bi-monthly schedule Kaiserin proposed)?

Also, I'm guessing that we'll be independently VMing the partners we want for collabs and discussing that out-of-thread.

Hm. I guess I have to open up my VMs or adding everyone as a contact. Great fun.

If we do both, why don't we try doing something for half a month, then waiting another week or half month for the next thing? It could get cluttered. Doesn't matter too much though.

But yah. Count me in. o3o

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Since everyone's putting in their names, I guess it goes without saying I'm interested too.

EDIT: I couldn't sleep, so doodled. I'm extremely drowsy now and it's kind of hard to keep my eyes open, so goodnight.
[spoil]
t65k.png
[/spoil]

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I like both ideas but I don't think I'd be able to do collab thing. Well, the sketching and lineart part at least since I currently prefer using pens and pencils for drawing and I'm not sure if I can do well on the program I use. But I could always try anyway.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
What I really will be able to do, is Art Trade only, as I'm no good with colouring and stuff. I still have to practice, hehe.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Hmm, this sounds like a fun idea. I don't really know hoe well i'd be able to do because my days do tend to get busy, especially now with school winding down to an end. It's starting to get a bit chaotic. I could try but the only things i'm really good at are lineart and coloring.

Speaking of lineart and coloring I got the flats of my picture done finally...and I added a bit of shading to the background. I really can't decide if I like the color of the wall though. And the table. i'm not to good with modernish colors. Picture is here!

Keysmash

buys meat
Speaking of lineart and coloring I got the flats of my picture done finally...and I added a bit of shading to the background. I really can't decide if I like the color of the wall though. And the table. i'm not to good with modernish colors. Picture is here!

It's going well, though I feel that there isn't a lot of variation of colour, or rather, colours that go well together. Then again, that's probably because it's only the flats, so disregard that... (remind me to not click on links to your picture with anyone around)

I've finally gotten around to putting my shameless self-promos into a spoiler tag in my signature. Since I've also begun a new fanfic thread (don't ask), I also speed-drew a custom banner/strip of art. Not sure if it's worth posting, but eh, I'm no good at perspective or landscapes. That's definitely something I need to get around to eventually... :(

kfqt.png

Maybe I should've done it a bit bigger. Just a little.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
I've finally gotten around to putting my shameless self-promos into a spoiler tag in my signature. Since I've also begun a new fanfic thread (don't ask), I also speed-drew a custom banner/strip of art. Not sure if it's worth posting, but eh, I'm no good at perspective or landscapes. That's definitely something I need to get around to eventually... :(

kfqt.png

Maybe I should've done it a bit bigger. Just a little.

Drew? You drew it? It looks awesome if you drew it. :0 If you pieced it all together with other stuff then it's a little on the bland side, but to draw that is pretty awesome.
And perspective is pretty hard to do, you did a pretty decent job though.

So I had some free time today and instead of doing what I should have been (cough essay cough), I...

Well, if you remember that blue tech banner from before, you may also remember that in the post I said that it was made because of a new anime airing (ahaha otaku). It was based off a series of Vocaloid songs, all 22 (somewhere around that number) of which I listened to in the past two days. Two of them I based these off of, because I was bored.

[spoil]
ha_zps27f4cb47.gif

(the words in the gif read "doubt...from there I saw the town". the sentence is incomplete, yes, but all the lyrics and all that shizz is in the video.)
Song -> Headphone Actor

kano_zps7f64b173.gif

Song -> Yobanashi Deceive (Night Tales Deceive)
[/spoil]

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
So I had some free time today and instead of doing what I should have been (cough essay cough), I...

Well, if you remember that blue tech banner from before, you may also remember that in the post I said that it was made because of a new anime airing (ahaha otaku). It was based off a series of Vocaloid songs, all 22 (somewhere around that number) of which I listened to in the past two days. Two of them I based these off of, because I was bored.

Your banners are incredible, as always. >_> Never could figure out how to animate them well. Do you use GIFs and edit them into the banner in Photoshop?

In other news, my Imageshack free 30 day trial expired today. 0n0 It was free for so long, but now it's a paid service, so I gotta switch. I know there are some common image uploader websites like Photobucket out there, but what are your personal favourites?

Brutaka

Ignition
In other news, my Imageshack free 30 day trial expired today. 0n0 It was free for so long, but now it's a paid service, so I gotta switch. I know there are some common image uploader websites like Photobucket out there, but what are your personal favourites?

I use Photobucket. I even have an optional paid account so that all those customers that use my link for their signatures (despite me telling them to get their own hoster) don't blow up my bandwidth allowed on the free account and break everyone's links - including mine.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Your banners are incredible, as always. >_> Never could figure out how to animate them well. Do you use GIFs and edit them into the banner in Photoshop?

I find the gifs on Google for the most part (except the Lily one [yellow/blue one], that one i had to make myself), and then I just kind of drop them in and it just kind of works. Sometimes I have to do a little editing though (like the popout one from above, that one originally had 140 whopping frames). Since I use CS2 though I have to put them in with ImageReady.

I use Photobucket, but I use the free version, so I just kind of pray that my bandwidth doesn't run out before the month ends.
I use Photobucket. I even have an optional paid account so that all those customers that use my link for their signatures (despite me telling them to get their own hoster) don't blow up my bandwidth allowed on the free account and break everyone's links - including mine.
Which is one of the reasons I gave up on running/working at an art shop. My bandwidth is kind of valuable. o-o

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload

Well I use deviantART, but I have no idea if it's exactly an image uploader site, but I technically put up pictures. There's also imgur, which is free as well as deviantART, but I have no idea if it's better (or worse) than others.

Keysmash

buys meat
I'm pretty sure Imageshack had unlimited bandwidth... oh how I miss it ;A; Guess they couldn't afford to have free accounts anymore.

How exactly does PB's bandwidth work? Like, if someone sees your image you uploaded, does it use up a bit of your allotted... rations?

Brutaka

Ignition
I'm pretty sure Imageshack had unlimited bandwidth... oh how I miss it ;A; Guess they couldn't afford to have free accounts anymore.

How exactly does PB's bandwidth work? Like, if someone sees your image you uploaded, does it use up a bit of your allotted... rations?

It did, and that's likely.

Yes, whenever a computer accesses the img link on the forums to load a page, it uses up a teeny tiny bit of data. Photobucket will let 10 gbs of this data go through before they break all the links until the month ends and limit is reset. Sure, pictures are relatively small data wise, and 10 gb is big comparatively, but shop owners tend to go through an account limit at least once or twice when their shop hits about ~2000 replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.