• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Artist's Corner [Images over 500 KB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelia

Graceful Elegance

Keysmash

buys meat
How come I always miss the interesting things (interaction between members?! oh my god!) when I leave for a day or two?

Anyhow, welcome to new and old(?) members alike!

Brutaka

Ignition
I was bored so I made a couple of pencil sketches. I'd been meaning to get a good grouping on pictures of my 5 OC's all together in the same style, so I'm glad I finally finished it.
From left to right: Melody, Pandora, Laura, Violet, and Sera.
This is also the order of their original creation, Melody being my first OC and Sera being the most recent.
oc_collection_sketch_by_brutakablaziken-d7t0z9g.png

Melody, the aquatic scientific miracle
Pandora, the crazed pyrokinetic
Laura, the traumatized, metal-clawed child
Violet, the stalwart vigilante
Sera, the deceptive angel

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I was bored so I made a couple of pencil sketches. I'd been meaning to get a good grouping on pictures of my 5 OC's all together in the same style, so I'm glad I finally finished it.
From left to right: Melody, Pandora, Laura, Violet, and Sera.
This is also the order of their original creation, Melody being my first OC and Sera being the most recent.
oc_collection_sketch_by_brutakablaziken-d7t0z9g.png

Melody, the aquatic scientific miracle
Pandora, the crazed pyrokinetic
Laura, the traumatized, metal-clawed child
Violet, the stalwart vigilante
Sera, the deceptive angel

those drawings looks nice bru i need to get to drawing on again on my traditional art I can't really show much to you guys anyway with that one do to i don't have a way to scan my art to the computer :/ but once i do ill show you all but its kinda hard

I like the shading looks really nice are they suppose to chibi art right becuase if they are they look pretty good bru i never could draw chibi's i tend to like draw more anime that isn't chibi so its a treat to me :p

Brutaka

Ignition
I like the shading looks really nice are they suppose to chibi art right becuase if they are they look pretty good bru i never could draw chibi's i tend to like draw more anime that isn't chibi so its a treat to me :p

I don't think it can be considered chibi. Those have a much bigger head proportionately than mine do. It's just a cartoonier / sketchier version of my usual style. Thanks still though! ^_^

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I don't think it can be considered chibi. Those have a much bigger head proportionately than mine do. It's just a cartoonier / sketchier version of my usual style. Thanks still though! ^_^

hahaha yeah true i just saw a small body so i assumed but your right they don't have a huge head lol no problem though they do look great though :)

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
Well, I got my tablet to get Sketchbook, and it's completely awesome, but now I have no idea what to draw.
Awesome! Draw a Torchic riding on the back of a Lotad (if you want to of course). I'm curious to see how that would look.

I've been working a little bit more with my tablet and tried a different style:
019_rattata_by_jmonkey2105-d7sxtj2.png
020_raticate_by_jmonkey2105-d7t1e5l.png

Also, is there going to be a collab? Who's up for it? Talk about it just sort of died down...

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Awesome! Draw a Torchic riding on the back of a Lotad (if you want to of course). I'm curious to see how that would look.

Also, is there going to be a collab? Who's up for it? Talk about it just sort of died down...
OK, then. That seems like a simple enough beginning task.

Hmm... the Rattata seems a bit too sketchy. Too much outlining, maybe? It looks good on the Raticate, though. I think it would be better on more primal, angry things than your Rattata.

Maybe the collab could be ORAS related? I'm still new at this stuff, so I'm not going to organize it or anything, but I have some ideas.

Ursariing

Gary Oak of Rap

I'm getting really jelly of how you color things >.< I personally think to sketchy, childish look is really cool and add some professionalism to it.

As for a collab, I'm down.? Although I'm busy this upcoming weekend. When I get back, I'm planning on doing some art and junk and more activity.!

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Username: Fabulous Ampharos
Nickname (optional): Call me Amphy or Draggi
Gender (optional): Male
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): I'm learning, so not really much xD
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Here's some links:
http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-3-469285533
http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Severus-Gift-for-Masterlevan1-467435798
http://voraciousamphy96.deviantart.com/art/Art-Trade-with-BlueySerperior-467899959
(If you'd like these in pictures, just tell me and I'll change it)

What kind of artist are you?: I'm a fantasy artist, mainly dragons.
Although I do draw Pokemon sometimes ^^

katelia

Graceful Elegance
Ah well... let's give it a try anyway. How do you get your post count up here anyway?

Username: Katelia
Nickname (optional): junichi
Gender (optional): male in rl, anything that fits my personality online
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP: Full gallery (newest on front pages) http://jun1chi.deviantart.com/gallery/33517208/Artworks

Any other examples you'd like to show us?:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/118/6/f/kanto_12_new_game_by_jun1chi-d4xwuez.jpg = a Pokémon drawing
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/122/d/b/oriental_parade_complete_by_jun1chi-d63q7v5.jpg = a roleplay drawing
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/350/8/0/8019f811470bda298a4b4a42be2e6e90-d6y5czq.jpg = another roleplay drawing

What kind of artist are you?: pencil artist

EDIT: It's should be fine now ^^

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Katelia, while I admire the clever solution (and will leave your links because I am familiar with the site). Please do not try to circumvent the rules, new members are not allowed to post links for a reason. Also, you will have to post outside of clubs to get your post count up.

Keysmash

buys meat
Collabs, huh? It doesn't look like OP will be coming back anytime soon, so currently active members (I'm assuming you all recognize each other by now) could just VM each other if interested. Of course, not really my place to say, but I'm not sure how else it could be organized.

Take initiative if you want to get stuff done, basically.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
Username: Savanny Killersaurus
Nickname (optional): Savanny or Savvy
Gender (optional): female
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): everything is on my photobucket
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Le Nah
What kind of artist are you?: purely digital

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Also, does anyone here know how to make animated banners on GIMP? I have no clue how you get it to stay animated once you save it as a .gif, or is it not possible with GIMP?
I moved over to Ps before I started doing animated banners, but I did make some little animated whatever thingys on GIMP. I used the lickie guide here and messed around a bit. Im guessing something about naming the layers with "(replace)", cause that's all I remember.
Thank you! About a year and a half ago I think. I used to be horrible with colors until I had in assignment in art class to replicate the color style of Leroy Neiman. I really pushed my boundaries because nobody else in class did and it turned out great. Moral of the story: get outta your comfort zone! Sorry for the short story heh. I tend to do that.
Wow, I've been doing banners and whatnot for about the same amount of time (if not less).
But yeah, it's definitely a good piece of advice to get out of a comfort zone ^^
I like the Raticate, I think the style fits it more than Rattata.

So I'm back, and made two more banners. The animated one took a TON of work, it went over the 500 kb thing, but after I fixed it a little it just didn't look...nice. So I messed around with the animation setting things on ImageReady and eventually just settled with how it was. Oh well. I learned a thing or two, at least.

[spoil]
k-on_zpsfd397919.gif

ia_zpsb97c60e6.png
[/spoil]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: Savanny Killersaurus
Nickname (optional): Savanny or Savvy
Gender (optional): female
Links to anything you'd like to put in the OP (up to three): everything is on my photobucket
Any other examples you'd like to show us?: Le Nah
What kind of artist are you?: purely digital

hey savanny welcome to the club also those are some nice ratatta and raticate drawings :) I am still here and yes brutaka savanny did work in the art shop section before ;) I am gunna post later some art i did for banners and etc that are current soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.