• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New BW Pokegirl (new info leaked?)

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I guess now we know why Princess Salvia was mistakenly called Iris in one of the summaries. Since Salvia and Iris are nothing alike in spelling, I'm guessing that the name of the new girl was already floating around within "insider" circles (not just the writing/animating staff) by then and a mix-up occurred.

Unnecessary thoughts aside, the new girl's shirt is nice. I admit I have to jump on the bandwagon concerning the hair and say that I don't really like it, but there's more to a person than just the hair. The blogger said she was cute, and I'm just going to trust her on this one. Whether she'll have an adorable face or a fun personality or both, I'm sure she'll be a delightful addition to the group.

Ash being there rocks my world.

I really don't care much about the guy at this point except that he seems to be the long-awaited Brock replacement. His clothes seem slightly formal - Coordinator please! - and I hope I won't get killed when I say that my first impression was "effeminate". Even though he's the one I'm paying the least attention to as of now, I'm looking forward to what kind of purpose he's supposed to fulfill.

Champion Jared 14

Hmmm, so I'm guessing if Ash is confirmed AGAIN in the new boy's clothes, I'm assuming that he will most surely lose to either Paul, or more likely the legendary trainer.

Teshub

Banned
Okay guys, I think we can be pretty sure that the BW Dawn promo is real. I found out that this was not leaked recently. It was actually posted in April 20th of this year, before anyone had really any knowledge of the new series and so it went under the radar for a long time.

This was one of the first boards to post this image, but was promptly lost/deleted. The date can be confirmed there along with the initial URL.

http://yy56.60.kg/test/read.cgi/satohikakiko/1267729411/l50

956 :名無しさん@サトヒカ萌え :10/04/20 15:39:44
※ヒカリの新コスチューム、コラ画像
ここの仲間が騙される前にこっちから貼っておくぜ
こっちは純粋に続投願ってんのに…
だが可愛いという、さすがヒカリw

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org825314.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org825319.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org825322.jpg

Luckily, someone from the board was able to save the original image.

http://imepita.jp/20100703/000420
http://yy56.60.kg/test/read.cgi/satohikakiko/1277994206/

Now, we are able to compare the older promo to the recent one. We can realize that no hoax could ever have so many similaries to something that would eventually appear in the future.

[img139]http://i50.*******.com/2z8tbg5.jpg[/img139]

These are some things I noticed:

- The older promo confirms that the new series will begin in the Fall (this was not official until recently).

- It has a silloute of Dawn with new clothes. Back then virtually everyone thought BW girl was going to be the replacement without any arguments to this.

- Both character figures have the same presentation: a sharp filled-in shape with a glow around them. A stylized black and white gradient for Dawn to represent the BW series.

So it looks this is the real deal. On the other hand, this is the obvious, cheaply done fake used to discredit the original promo.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/wwwdotuporg991115.png

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Hmmm, so I'm guessing if Ash is confirmed AGAIN in the new boy's clothes, I'm assuming that he will most surely lose to either Paul, or more likely the legendary trainer.

I'm thinking he loosses to the legendary trainer, I feel they introduced him to beat Ash. But at least if Ash looses to this guy there will be a good reason, I just hope its a good battle though. To show how strong Ash has gotten yah know?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Teshub, stop trolling. Nobody takes you seriously at this point with your Dawn nonsense.

Even Dawn fans are telling you to stop trolling them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I tried to interpret what Iris looked like. If this one turns out half accurate, she'll be good enough. I hope her skin is like Lizabeth's color. I want her to be different. The White girl, she looks like more of the same we got before even if she is a little old. Iris looks like a whole new kind of girl and that I'm looking forward to seeing.

For the last time, her skin is not dark. Its shaded the same way Ash is on that scan.

Also, Crystal Clair, so much for Misty appearing in DP, hm? Guess the writers really don't care about her character anymore, just like I predicted a long time ago. At this point she may never get another cameo till whenever the show finally ends.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
For the last time, her skin is not dark. Its shaded the same way Ash is on that scan.

Also, Crystal Clair, so much for Misty appearing in DP, hm? Guess the writers really don't care about her character anymore, just like I predicted a long time ago. At this point she may never get another cameo till whenever the show finally ends.

Well...that's not a reason.We don't know if her skin is dark or not,it was just Crystal Clair's interpretation.I think she would look awesome with darker skin

pokemon fan 132

Maybe,maybe not.We dont know what skin color she will have,until her full look is revealed.

Also whats with all this Misty obsession?I swear you are whining about Mistys absence more than her fans at this point.

"Writers dont care about her character?"Yeah keep believing that,"DP with all this appearances of older characters certainly shows how much writers hate them".
Just because she didnt come in Sinnoh,doesnt mean how she wont return at all.

Speaking of your predictions they are usually wrong.Just as you thought May will definitely stay,Gliscor will never be released,Jasmine wont appear etc but guess wha,opposite happened.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I don't think her skin is darker in the anime. Ash's skin is darker in the scan too, so why people are saying she's black?
That's just a hiding of her face and outfit so people won't see her and of course Ash's new outfit. :)

Grei

not the color
Okay guys, I think we can be pretty sure that the BW Dawn promo is real. I found out that this was not leaked recently. It was actually posted in April 20th of this year, before anyone had really any knowledge of the new series and so it went under the radar for a long time.

This was one of the first boards to post this image, but was promptly lost/deleted. The date can be confirmed there along with the initial URL.

Luckily, someone from the board was able to save the original image.

http://imepita.jp/20100703/000420
http://yy56.60.kg/test/read.cgi/satohikakiko/1277994206/

Now, we are able to compare the older promo to the recent one. We can realize that no hoax could ever have so many similaries to something that would eventually appear in the future.

[img139]http://i50.*******.com/2z8tbg5.jpg[/img139]

Y'know, you got me excited for a second. I had never seen that Dawn image before and I thought it meant Dawn would be included. I was excited. I like Dawn.

However, your argument is pitiful and that image is clearly fake.

Comments below in bold.
Teshub said:
These are some things I noticed:

- The older promo confirms that the new series will begin in the Fall (this was not official until recently). Anybody with half a fucking brain would be able to guess that the new series would begin this Fall. That's not only the time when most TV series begin to be shown, but that's around the time when most Pokemon games are released.

- It has a silhouette of Dawn with new clothes. Back then virtually everyone thought BW girl was going to be the replacement without any arguments to this. Because we had no information otherwise. How does a rumor with a clearly photoshopped silhouette of Dawn hold any water when it was discovered back in April, when there was no information on the BW anime yet? The doctored images of the new Starters (y'know, the one that said the Water Starter would be a dolphin) also came out in April, if I remember correctly. Are those true?

- Both character figures have the same presentation: a sharp filled-in shape with a glow around them. A stylized black and white gradient for Dawn to represent the BW series. Not really. Dawn's glow is just a silhouette shaded in with black and white gradient and a very small white outline. Iris and BWGuy not only have their (solidly-black) silhouettes with light affects on them, but have a clearly defined white outline. They aren't alike at all.

So it looks this is the real deal. You're delusional. On the other hand, this is the obvious, cheaply done fake used to discredit the original promo.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/wwwdotuporg991115.png

DUH.

Quit with this nonsensical "proving" that you're trying to do. CyberCubed is right--nobody is taking you seriously other than those that were initially fooled by an image they'd never seen before, and now have been let down.

Last edited:

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
I tried to interpret what Iris looked like. If this one turns out half accurate, she'll be good enough. I hope her skin is like Lizabeth's color. I want her to be different. The White girl, she looks like more of the same we got before even if she is a little old. Iris looks like a whole new kind of girl and that I'm looking forward to seeing.

hmmm....i have to say...initially i had ughed Iris' design but from what you made, its not half as bad...

though it'd be cooler if she has perfect blonde hair and light blue eyes with a slightly tanned skin(though fairer than Ash)...

ijea4444

I've tested this out myself, her skin tone is darker than Ash's but not significantly different. She's going to be a tiny bit darker than Ash is in the anime right now, don't expect someone with a black skintone. Think Phoebe or Dahlia skin color.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Iris is not BLACK or Dark for that matter. It seemed like the sketch was badly scanned or for some reason the artist colored Ash & Iris pitch black.

If she was dark skinned it would be better but she will probably be White & Nerdy

KojiroJames2006

Prepare etc., etc.
Given that new title, someone at TPCI USA Branch will no doubt...

Code:
[SPOILER="rename it Pokemon Black and White, and not call it "Best Wishes"."][/SPOILER]

TrainerOfLegend

Nice interpretation Crystal!

I've always imagined that she would look like that. She isn't as white as the other Pokegirls. i just think she'll have Ash's tan, but slightly more intense.

Teshub

Banned
Anybody with half a ****ing brain would be able to guess that the new series would begin this Fall. That's not only the time when most TV series begin to be shown, but that's around the time when most Pokemon games are released.

While that is acceptable to some extent, back then people were expecting a second arc after the Sinnoh League. Either a Battle Frontier or another one for the E4.

How does a rumor with a clearly photoshopped silhouette of Dawn hold any water when it was discovered back in April, when there was no information on the BW anime yet? The doctored images of the new Starters (y'know, the one that said the Water Starter would be a dolphin) also came out in April, if I remember correctly. Are those true?

Those starter pics were proven to be fakes. The status of the Dawn BW promo cannot be determine because nobody can disprove it. People can only give their educated guess.

Not really. Dawn's glow is just a silhouette shaded in with black and white gradient and a very small white outline. Iris and BWGuy not only have their (solidly-black) silhouettes with light affects on them, but have a clearly defined white outline. They aren't alike at all.

The styles are very similar, even though they are not identical. You have to remember they are from different media: one is for a poster the other one is for the site.