• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Fairy Tail Thread

J Ken

RAVE
Well I saw that the old thread died out so I decided to revive the topic. :D Along with the new anime that came out a while ago and the upcoming spin-off let's talk about the Fairy Tail series anime, manga and in all.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
I like Fairy Tail, I'm not too into the series but I think it's fun. Though I'm not a fan of the Nakama powerups and Natsu being overpowered.

Nodame

Misty <3
I'm not wowed by Fairy Tail. It's an average shonen I guess. The arcs are very short, which some people say is a good thing, but because of their length they never have that good of a story. There's tons of fan service too, but despite all of that I enjoyed watching it. Mainly because it has likeable characters and I like the idea of magic and wizards. It's a fun series. The animation looks nice, the soundtrack is great, fights are good. The overall series has a very lighthearted feel and has plenty of funny moments. In my opinion FT really falls short when it comes to the story which I find to be kinda generic and predictable.

Let’s talk about this amazing character: Lucy Heartfilia.
she was one of the reasons I continued watching this series, and her interactions with Natsu, that this series was one I couldn’t just pass off so easily. But essentially it was Lucy that kept me seated. I really can’t get over how much I love her. She really reminds me of my all time favourite character Sakura Haruno from Naruto.

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
Fairy Tail's story is alright, it is pretty predictable and generic but I think that it does a good thing at connecting all the plot points and revealing the connection behind events.

Lucy's cool, underrated and under appreciated by a lot of fans but still cool. The character that I got most attached too while watching this show is probably Gray Fullbuster. At first I expected him to be a Sasuke like character (loner, quiet and too cool to care) but after I saw his silly tendencies and interactions with the rest of the team I found him really endearing.

I got topic question? What's your favorite Fairy tail arc?

fenniken

fire master
I heard Laxus is gonna give Natsu his piwers to make him eleric-fire dragon slater

Ray Koya

Later Losers
My favorite Fairy Tail arc was the Tenrou Island arc. It was awesome and I liked the fights since more characters got to actually do things.

My favorite character is Juvia, she's hilarious. xD

NarutoSharingan

~Ash fcking finally~
I like fairy tail but stopped at episode 49 or 50 when i forgot his name is kicked out of fairy tail and then they did that big festivebul

Hmmm my favorite is Gray. He's cool (no pun intended) and he's pretty darn underrated in the battle department. I mean not everyone can be a haxed Dragon Slayer. :x

Except Gray still has the most fights as of all members of Team Natsu plus Wendy and Carla. Natsu is not haxed, if you want to see haxed, look up most Fairy Tail stories, Lucy is made stronger than many of Team Natsu, not equals, just stronger then them just so people won't have her be a DID

If last week was any indication, if she keeps the new power, she's now at Natsu, Gray, and Erza's level, same with Wendy

Wendy is one of favorites next to Lisanna and Jellal, not just because she's cute, adorable, and brave, but a prime example of a character growing up so much from first appearance, she started off weak, now she's a stronger warrior.

J Ken

RAVE
Except Gray still has the most fights as of all members of Team Natsu plus Wendy and Carla. Natsu is not haxed, if you want to see haxed, look up most Fairy Tail stories, Lucy is made stronger than many of Team Natsu, not equals, just stronger then them just so people won't have her be a DID

If last week was any indication, if she keeps the new power, she's now at Natsu, Gray, and Erza's level, same with Wendy

I wasn't referring to Natsu specifically when I said haxed I was referring to the Dragon Slayer concept in general being somewhat haxed. I mean outside transportation they are pretty unstoppable and Gray having a lot of fights doesn't mean much when in comparison to his teammates his feats aren't really that great. I mean he has a few good wins to his name but I still think he should probably take on higher level foes like what Natsu and Erza deal with.

I'm not really up to date with the manga yet so I'm not really sure what you are referring to when you say that about Lucy.

I wasn't referring to Natsu specifically when I said haxed I was referring to the Dragon Slayer concept in general being somewhat haxed. I mean outside transportation they are pretty unstoppable and Gray having a lot of fights doesn't mean much when in comparison to his teammates his feats aren't really that great. I mean he has a few good wins to his name but I still think he should probably take on higher level foes like what Natsu and Erza deal with.

I'm not really up to date with the manga yet so I'm not really sure what you are referring to when you say that about Lucy.

Gray's getting a spin off and has three arcs (four with the arc I'm at) connected to him, He doesn't need to more feats than Natsu and Erza. He's fine the way he is, I'm already peeved people getting upset over how their character is treated, and then making bad Fairy Tail fanfics

What I was referring with Lucy is a spoiler. I can't say it until the anime reaches that point, that won't be until a another year and a half.

J Ken

RAVE
Gray's getting a spin off and has three arcs (four with the arc I'm at) connected to him, He doesn't need to more feats than Natsu and Erza. He's fine the way he is, I'm already peeved people getting upset over how their character is treated, and then making bad Fairy Tail fanfics

What I was referring with Lucy is a spoiler. I can't say it until the anime reaches that point, that won't be until a another year and a half.

Where I'm up to the only arc Gray's had to himself was Galuna Island so whatever those other arcs you're talking about must be another spoiler. I never heard about the spin-off until now either. I dunno about the fanfic thing either I'm still pretty new to the series in general.

Gajeel is kind of underrated too. I mean even as a Dragon Slayer he doesn't get much action and is lagging behind Natsu and Wendy in ability development.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Gajeel is kind of underrated too. I mean even as a Dragon Slayer he doesn't get much action and is lagging behind Natsu and Wendy in ability development.

Gajeel is one of my favorite male characters. I didn't like him too much in Phantom Lord but after he became a good guy he really won me over. Though I hope he gets a powerup soon cause I really wanna see him gain Dragon Force.

On topic of Gray, I just hope he doesn't end up like Musica from Rave Master.

Gajeel is one of my favorite male characters. I didn't like him too much in Phantom Lord but after he became a good guy he really won me over. Though I hope he gets a powerup soon cause I really wanna see him gain Dragon Force.

On topic of Gray, I just hope he doesn't end up like Musica from Rave Master.

Are you at the GMG arc manga wise, if so, Gajeel, maybe, Gray.... Uh, don't go on Tumblr or deviant art. There's spoilers.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Are you at the GMG arc manga wise, if so, Gajeel, maybe, Gray.... Uh, don't go on Tumblr or deviant art. There's spoilers.

I'm at the start of the GMG arc around the time where it all begins. I heard rumors that he was gonna get a powerup similar to what Natsu got but I'm not sure if it's Dragon Force or not.

I'll take a guess and say that Gray is still playing second fiddle to Erza and the Dragon Slayers?

I'm at the start of the GMG arc around the time where it all begins. I heard rumors that he was gonna get a powerup similar to what Natsu got but I'm not sure if it's Dragon Force or not.

I'll take a guess and say that Gray is still playing second fiddle to Erza and the Dragon Slayers?

Well it's not Dragon Force, are you watching FT 2014, then you'll see it in a few weeks.

He's still one of main characters with the most fights, he or Lucy are not playing second Fiddle to Erza or Natsu. same with Lucy, who I wish people would stop neglecting her or Suing her up.

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't mind the series, the recent arcs haven't been as fun as the early arcs in my opinion.

Is it me or has this Anime reboot actually worse than the original Anime? I don't see much of difference and again my opinion the Animation seems worse. Was this just to get more ratings or some thing? Cuz I know the ratings were dropping :/

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I don't mind the series, the recent arcs haven't been as fun as the early arcs in my opinion.

Is it me or has this Anime reboot actually worse than the original Anime? I don't see much of difference and again my opinion the Animation seems worse. Was this just to get more ratings or some thing? Cuz I know the ratings were dropping :/
It wasn't rebooted it was just stopped so it wouldn't get ahead of the manga. Of course Mashima is working overtime and releasing longer then usual chapters so it probably won't stop again.