• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Fairy Tail Thread

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Well it's not Dragon Force, are you watching FT 2014, then you'll see it in a few weeks.

He's still one of main characters with the most fights, he or Lucy are not playing second Fiddle to Erza or Natsu. same with Lucy, who I wish people would stop neglecting her or Suing her up.

Being a main character and having a lot of fights doesn't equal development though. :x From what I've seen he is playing second fiddle considering how he seems to be lagging in the power department.

The new anime series doesn't look that bad, imo it's better looking then the old series.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Being a main character and having a lot of fights doesn't equal development though. :x From what I've seen he is playing second fiddle considering how he seems to be lagging in the power department.
Yea naw. He defeated probably the most overpowered wizard named Rufus. He defeated the strongest assassin during the Tower of heaven thing. He did actual manage to defeat Ultear too it wasn't just his words that slayed her resolve.

J Ken

RAVE
I still got a few ways to go until the current manga arc but from what I've seen so far it's hard to believe that Natsu isn't the strongest on his team. I mean I believe in the strength of the others but they just don't feel as strong as Natsu is now even Gajeel and Gray who are supposed to be on par with him or at least around his level feel inferior to him.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
I still got a few ways to go until the current manga arc but from what I've seen so far it's hard to believe that Natsu isn't the strongest on his team. I mean I believe in the strength of the others but they just don't feel as strong as Natsu is now even Gajeel and Gray who are supposed to be on par with him or at least around his level feel inferior to him.

Agreed.

I saw the new episode and I almost died of laughter at Rogue thinking he had any right to talk down on Gajeel after he was shamed with Sting by Natsu literally the day before. Ogre is out of his league against Laxus and Jura, he'd be better off running away and going into hiding like Sting.

J Ken

RAVE
The new episode was solid. We got more of the GMG fights and are getting closer to the end of the tournament. The animation was good and I liked the brief bits we got of Laxus VS Jura and Gajeel VS Rogue. Though I'm still indifferent to the Garou Knights.

Also from what I've heard the current manga arc seems to be focusing on Gray and a more in depth explanation of his past. That's great and it is really tempting me to finish up the GMG arc in the manga even though I wanna see it in the anime first.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I am not too up to date about the anime but I keep up with the manga. It seems like he is trying to tie up some loose ends with Gray's past.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Damn, Jura is a beast. lol I can't believe how easily he got the edge in the 3 way battle but damn seeing how strong Jura got in 7 years makes me wonder if Gildarts or Laxus would have been on par with the 4 Gods had they never been frozen and got to train.

J Ken

RAVE
The new episode was pretty awesome. The opening was amazing and the animation was pretty good as well. I didn't really like how fast Jura VS Laxus was considering it was more of a sequence than an actual fight while Lyon and Minerva went down a little too fast for my liking. Sting giving up was alright to me, Team FT gave him a pretty intimidating glare and being enlightened on how powerful friendship is, he knew better than to get into a fight against the guild that lives on the power of friendship. His reunion with Lector was pretty sweet and by the looks of it we're finally going to get Future Rogue soon.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Seeing the newest episode really made me sympathize more with the fans who said that Gloria was the worst chapter in FT. I mean Laxus VS Jura lasted all of what 2 minutes and Erza really haxed her way to victory here, I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't emphasize that she couldn't stand wit her leg in that condition as much as they did and Minerva really went down like a punk, I mean 1 hit? Lyon's lose was the least frustrating but it still sucked to see him and Jura get trolled so hard. Overall I did like the episode but those aspects of it were frustrating to me.

J Ken

RAVE
Seeing the newest episode really made me sympathize more with the fans who said that Gloria was the worst chapter in FT. I mean Laxus VS Jura lasted all of what 2 minutes and Erza really haxed her way to victory here, I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't emphasize that she couldn't stand wit her leg in that condition as much as they did and Minerva really went down like a punk, I mean 1 hit? Lyon's lose was the least frustrating but it still sucked to see him and Jura get trolled so hard. Overall I did like the episode but those aspects of it were frustrating to me.

I'd blame it more on the animation studio choosing to expand on the fodder Knights fights over the actual tournament. I mean did anyone even care for the Garou Knights?

arceus03

I just recently started reading it.

It's... eh. Not too bad, not too awesome. Simple-ish plot, short arcs. And the main characters win every time. Like, getting random power ups when they're about to die.
There's a lot of "Oh, he's dead." "NOPE I'M STILL ALIVE" moments too. Erza, Lyon, Makarov, Elfman... who else again?

Oh no. Not Lisanna too?

Still, it's fun. I'm halfway through with the manga. Is the anime any good?

Oh, and Gajeel wants a cat. That's got to be the cutest thing that ever happened in the series. XD

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
The GMG arc really got much better after the tournament itself concluded. I can't wait to see the future arcs along with the Tartarus one.

I just recently started reading it.

It's... eh. Not too bad, not too awesome. Simple-ish plot, short arcs. And the main characters win every time. Like, getting random power ups when they're about to die.
There's a lot of "Oh, he's dead." "NOPE I'M STILL ALIVE" moments too. Erza, Lyon, Makarov, Elfman... who else again?

Oh no. Not Lisanna too?

Still, it's fun. I'm halfway through with the manga. Is the anime any good?

Oh, and Gajeel wants a cat. That's got to be the cutest thing that ever happened in the series. XD

The anime is pretty decent. I mean it tones down somethings that happens in the manga but its still good.

arceus03

The anime is pretty decent. I mean it tones down somethings that happens in the manga but its still good.

I watched some of the episodes. Well, a lot actually. I skipped some of the fillers but watched some of the major arcs. I gotta say some of the opening/ending songs are quite good.

Are we discussing the manga here?

J Ken

RAVE
I watched some of the episodes. Well, a lot actually. I skipped some of the fillers but watched some of the major arcs. I gotta say some of the opening/ending songs are quite good.

Are we discussing the manga here?

Fairy Tail openings are my favorite. I wish that the tracks for the episodes were as good as they were in the first anime series but that's just a minor nitpick.

The manga could be discussed, I still need to fully catch up with everything but discussing it is fine.