• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Fanart Request Rules 1/12/2006

Please note, the main forum rules and the basics of the Fanart rules are always in effect on top of these where applicable.

Just for those who haven't realised. Please do not post a thread because YOU want a request, use one of the shops up and running or the open request thread.

You can also use these two sites to make your own userbar: Here and Here.

--READ AND FOLLOW ALL OF THESE--

1. The only posts and/or threads that should appear in this area of the forums are the following:

The setting up a shop
Posting the request
Thanking someone (Both the OP/workers and requester)
Banning a user from the shop

Moderator posting a thread or issuing a warning

Any other posts will be treated as spam, the poster warned and post deleted. If you have any questions about the thread you are all quite capable of pming the person in question. This includes if you're banned, more you whine, dramise and complain in the thread the mroe infractions you rack up.

This in turn means NO chitchat between workers, NO chitchat with requestees. This has been rife for some time and we’ll now crack down upon it seriously. This also includes any critique.

However on the behalf of requesters, there is a quality expected of you, which is that of a reasonable standard. It is hoped at some stage we will be able to activate moderation similar to the D/P area had during the Japanese launch so people get a fair deal.

You may pm a request to have your shop closed or deleted at any time you wish.

--CONCERNING REQUESTS--

2. Please be clear and concise what it is you are requesting. It’s no good asking for something then making whomever is going to create it have no idea what you want.

3. The Shop workers have every right to refuse to do a request. If they do, it is common curtsey to apologise and thank them then leave and respect their wish. Don’t ramble at them; it’s there choice at the end of the day.

Shop workers also hold the right to ban members from their shop. People, who keep posting regardless, would shop owners or workers contact a mod and they will be dealt with.

4. Remember to credit the person or hop who created your request. It is also asked that for trainer cards, the location you got your sprites from is also credited or it will be seen as stealing in both cases.

5. All banners created must heed to the following:

Here we only allow banners to be 468 x 100 (Width x Height)

You can go less so you can have 300x100, 90x100, 400x50 etc. but nothing higher than 468 x 100 please.

6. Regarding file format types, any picture/sprite with .BMP format are not allowed in sigs. If you have problems saving to another format (.PNG, .JPG, etc.), PM me and I'll be glad to change it. This is was done to help the users who have slow internet connections for loading the forums as BMPs just make the loading slower.

Could shop owners and workers ensure that they do not move or delete the request from your server host otherwise people may find their request vanishing. If you are forced to move it, please pm the user in question to let them know.

Sandra

Last edited:

Bert

Untitled
Probably only us, the shop keepers, will read them. Not one customer would try to read them. Too much of a "time waste"
anyway, I have a question about the customer ban. Is it just you type his name on a list to let workers know or is the customer really incapable of posting at your shop ? :D

First, if they continue posting anyway, remind them via pm if possible then we'll nail them if they still do it. Some people take a few before they work out that maybe they shouldn;t be doing something :D

Sandra

emeraldsalamance

GOMU GOMU NO!!!!!
can i make another shop, because mine went to the lastests threads

Alzi

Toon link
i like the new rule and do any pictures in my sig have bmp ?

And another thing i hate it when someones shop is dieing and they make a new one can they do that or its not allowed ?

They're fine.

Only make a new shop if yours is well and truely dead OR you request closure/deletion and it has been at least a month or so to again def kill it. Will mean there's not 6 versions of the same shop running around.

Sandra

kapslock

So that means that we can no longer critique on the work? Say that your request was done poorly, and you want to critique it? Should you instead pm the worker instead of posting it in the shop?

kapslock

Oh ok then, thanks Sandra (ok if I call you that since you always put it at the end of your post?)

Oh yeah another question. The other day a friend told me that when you first put up a shop, before it appears on the forum, it is first is aproved by a mod. Is it true, or is it just a small white lie she told me?

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
They're fine.

Only make a new shop if yours is well and truely dead OR you request closure/deletion and it has been at least a month or so to again def kill it. Will mean there's not 6 versions of the same shop running around.

Sandra

i see that happening often like some shops have version's like blah blah blah's shop version 2.0

approval will happen sooner or later but right now it isn;t in effect. We reserve the right to close the really poor ones however.

If we are starting to have loads of the same shop appear, get them reported,preferably with the original as well, and it can be dealt with.

Sandra

Bert

Untitled
But what if someone opens up a christmas shop, a tc shop, a fusion shop, and a chao shop instead of just opening one ? Does it count as same version as well ?

Bert

Untitled
I wasn't referring to me, I'm owner of one shop and one only, but I just work in another :)

It was just a question, couse I've seen some shops with same owner

Sides from shrink that sig before you get user ntoes I take.

If nobody will make scratches of what you wish or you are unhappy to ask a aprticular person, just use the open request thread.

Sandra

Can I make a shop?