• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The new fossil Pokémon

keithpetrosky

What were they thinking? Mismatched parts that don’t look like they fit! If they had kept the whole designs together I actually would of liked them a lot. (Concept art of what the whole Pokémon would have been).
5cc7e25016e15846874f3ab27d7718dc6479f5dar1-2000-2000v2_uhq.jpg

What’s your thoughts on them?

NeedsAName

I like the ideas behind the Galarian fossils for a few reasons
  1. They look funny
  2. First non-rock Fossil Pokémon
  3. Relatively unused type-combos
  4. The idea behind them is interesting and unique, based upon the mistakes made in early paleontology when reconstructing fossils
  5. Arctovish is so derpy and I want it really bad
That said, the pictures above would have been amazing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm really wondering why they didn't add the full combinations with Dino/Dino, Drake/Drake, and so on. Seems like a big missed opportunity.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I like it, they definitely have some competitive viability but they take time for them to grow on you.

zferolie

I like the derpiness of them, plus like others said it fits how early archeology was with how wrong they got some dinos.

Speaking of these guys, I litterally just asked in the help thread which may be better to use without their HA's, Arctovolt or Dracovolt, who do you guys think?

Marzbar

I wouldn’t hate them so much if I could actually GET the fossils. I’m playing Shield and I’m up to 10 fish fossils and 3 Draco fossils...and none of the other two.

I really want to get a Dracozolt because I think it’s the only one that’s viable outside gimmicky weather teams. That’s because Scarf Dracozolt with Bolt Beak hits really hard and is fast enough to make it a big threat, and it is actually also a very nice answer to Dynamax Gyarados because it’s the only Pokémon that resists both Gyarados STAB attacks AND resists the Power Whip coverage that makes Rotom Wash no longer an option.

zferolie

I wouldn’t hate them so much if I could actually GET the fossils. I’m playing Shield and I’m up to 10 fish fossils and 3 Draco fossils...and none of the other two.

I really want to get a Dracozolt because I think it’s the only one that’s viable outside gimmicky weather teams. That’s because Scarf Dracozolt with Bolt Beak hits really hard and is fast enough to make it a big threat, and it is actually also a very nice answer to Dynamax Gyarados because it’s the only Pokémon that resists both Gyarados STAB attacks AND resists the Power Whip coverage that makes Rotom Wash no longer an option.

The fossiles you find in the overworld have a higher chance to be a certain type dependong on your versio. To get the others, using the digging duo is needed. The left one is better at getting fossils. Too me like 10 tries to get at least 1 of each type... have so many bird fossils lol, but just 2 fish and 1 draco.

Scarf isn’t that good on Dracozolt when compared to other scarfers like Galarian Darmanitan, Hydreigon, and Indeedee, all of which outspeed and revenge a scarfed Dracozolt. You’re honestly better off using a Subsitiute Life Orb or Choice Band set on it and using it as a wallbreaker before its Sand Rush ability releases.

Marzbar

Scarf isn’t that good on Dracozolt when compared to other scarfers like Galarian Darmanitan, Hydreigon, and Indeedee, all of which outspeed and revenge a scarfed Dracozolt. You’re honestly better off using a Subsitiute Life Orb or Choice Band set on it and using it as a wallbreaker before its Sand Rush ability releases.
With Tailwind support then perhaps?

How is Indeedee being compared here!? haha

Marzbar

Okay big news. It’s being reported (with evidence) that Dracovish’s Strong Jaws ability boosts his Fisheous Rend attack, and combined with his attack stat and STAB boost, this means Dracovish now has the most powerful water attack in all of Pokémon history, apparently double that of Araquanid’s Water Bubble boosted Liquidation....

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
These new “fossil” Pokemon make me question if I’m really being some evil person making these things suffer. Look at Arctozolt shivering in constant pain! Arctovish can’t even eat right. =(

Team Plasma was right. We really should liberate ourselves less we do something morally wrong via making these once-extinct creatures being forced to use body parts they can’t use.

I’m only jokingly being over-dramatic here.

DeadshotRogue

FC: SW-7265-0099-3706
Okay big news. It’s being reported (with evidence) that Dracovish’s Strong Jaws ability boosts his Fisheous Rend attack, and combined with his attack stat and STAB boost, this means Dracovish now has the most powerful water attack in all of Pokémon history, apparently double that of Araquanid’s Water Bubble boosted Liquidation....
Good thing I already have a Max EV Admant Strong Jaw Dracovish lol. The Japanese name for Fisheous Rend is Gill Bite so Strong Jaw boost makes sense now.

Last edited:

Cerex

I'm really wondering why they didn't add the full combinations with Dino/Dino, Drake/Drake, and so on. Seems like a big missed opportunity.
Missed opportunity? Ha. It's called Ultra Sw/Sh, buddy. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the completed versions are introduced in the expanded version of the game. I get the in game lore behind how misshapen they are, and they look weird, and it's funny. So I'm not that opposed to these, but I would like to get the actual completed ones eventually.

Orphalesion

Well the thing is if they had added the missing halves of the fossils, then there would have been 16 possible combinations instead of 4. (The upper half of the dinosaur + lower half of the 1)fish, 2)dragon 3)bird 4)dinosaur. The upper half of the fish + the lower half of the 5)fish 6)dragon 7)bird 8z)dinosaur...)
And since they supposedly have to cut back on both newly introduced and already established Pokemon because they don't have enough manpower/time to finish all the models and animations that just wasn't going to happen.

Marzbar

Finally found the Bird and Dino fossils on my Shield game. Took a while. You get them from spamming the Digger Duo brother on the left closest to the daycare who has less stamina. He delivers the goods I promise. But I also got a million Fish and Draco fossils too

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
At first I hated these gross-looking fossils. Then I realized that's maybe intentional. They're deliberate chimeras, made of mismatched parts.
Actually I think it's funny now that Vish's head is either on its tail or backwards.

I hope we get the full fossils in a future game (Would that also cause more mismatches though?)

Luthor

I actually really like these fossils. Its very clear that Cara Liss is at best eccentric. So it makes sense the designs are odd. I'm suspect the complete forms are coming in later games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Finally found the Bird and Dino fossils on my Shield game. Took a while. You get them from spamming the Digger Duo brother on the left closest to the daycare who has less stamina. He delivers the goods I promise. But I also got a million Fish and Draco fossils too

Meanwhile in Sword I have the opposite problem and have too many bird and dino fossils when all I want is the fish and draco ones lol.