• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The new fossil Pokémon

Marzbar

I had some good luck with the fossil lady. I soft resetted for correct ability and nature.

Dracozolt: on my 2nd try I got Adamant with Hustle ability

Dracovish: on my 3rd try I got Jolly with Strong Jaw ability

Arctovish: on my 2nd try I got Bold with Water Absorb ability

I’m very happy with those! I think with the available abilities these are actually the ideal combinations. Going to test Arctovish with either Scarf and Rain support, or Tailwind and Choice Band/Life Orb support maybe

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
The new beak moves look crazy powerful. I don't think any of them are going to reach as high as UU, but they are really threatening. Its just a shame that they're in awkward speed tiers.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Okay big news. It’s being reported (with evidence) that Dracovish’s Strong Jaws ability boosts his Fisheous Rend attack, and combined with his attack stat and STAB boost, this means Dracovish now has the most powerful water attack in all of Pokémon history, apparently double that of Araquanid’s Water Bubble boosted Liquidation....

Not only that, but Dracovish also gets Crunch, Psychic Fangs, and Ice Fang in case Water-type moves aren't useful in the situation.

Marzbar

Not only that, but Dracovish also gets Crunch, Psychic Fangs, and Ice Fang in case Water-type moves aren't useful in the situation.
And Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak both deal the extra damage when your opponent switches out, as it counts as going first

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Fun lines for sure. But I think also incredibly awkward to the point we're I can't blame anyone for not being a fan.

It doesn't help that not only are they none evolving, not only are they not /Rock, but they are also the first fossils we have gotten since gen6.

That said Arctozolt is on my first playthrough team.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The new beak moves look crazy powerful. I don't think any of them are going to reach as high as UU, but they are really threatening. Its just a shame that they're in awkward speed tiers.
Dracovish is currently being used in OU a fair bit. Granted that means very little this early in the metagame, but a 255 base power Water move is practically unwallable if your name isn't Gastrodon or Seismitoad, which lets Dracovish just annihilate fat teams by clicking a single move most of the time. When even Sp. Def Ferrothorn and Toxapex drop in two resisted hits, you know there's a problem. Its Speed tier sucks, but it's just fast enough to outpace most defensive Pokemon, and the fact that it's not particularly frail and has good defensive typing stops it from being complete deadweight against offensive teams.

Sponge

I think Dracovish is my favourite just for how wrong it looks.

I also like Dracozolt and Arctozolt.

Arctovish will probably take more time to grow on me. It seems awkward in the wrong ways to me.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Dracovish is currently being used in OU a fair bit. Granted that means very little this early in the metagame, but a 255 base power Water move is practically unwallable if your name isn't Gastrodon or Seismitoad, which lets Dracovish just annihilate fat teams by clicking a single move most of the time. When even Sp. Def Ferrothorn and Toxapex drop in two resisted hits, you know there's a problem. Its Speed tier sucks, but it's just fast enough to outpace most defensive Pokemon, and the fact that it's not particularly frail and has good defensive typing stops it from being complete deadweight against offensive teams.
You gotta wonder what evil person in their right mind would create such a monster.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I didn't realise how good it would be at first until I realised that Fishious Rend got the strong jaw boost... Its scary.
I don't even think its got such a bad speed tier, for doubles. If you don't let trick room teams set up their trick room, its going to hit them hard. And if you get your own trick room up, its going to take down speedy sweepers quite effectively. Mid-Speed is a nice way to go, although it could do with being a bit bulkier. Its gonna be dangerous in a VGC Format with no Tapus and fewer viable intimidate users in it.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I'm partial to Arctovish and Dracozolt because they look more "normal" than their counterparts. (I cannot take Arctozolt seriously and I feel awful for Dracovish.)

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Cara Liss, that's who!

Have you noticed her shoes are mismatched? One of them is red, and one of them is yellow. Kind of reflects the mixed-up nature of the Pokémon she creates.
Yeah, its pretty blatant that she's taking two halves of a functional mon and turning them into freaks of nature. Pretty hilarious. I can't help but wonder how strong the original mons would have been,

JWittz did a video on weird pokedex entries, and pointed out that all of them must be painfully struggling to survive. For instance Dragovish can run quickly on land, but can't survive out of water because its top half is a fish.

I'm a huge paleontology nerd and I know the joke is that early Victorian era paleontologists often messed up (like the Triceratops mount that used bones of different sized individuals and the feet of a Hadrosaurus, or Edward Drinker Cope mistakenly switching the neck and tail of the Elasmosaurus thinking it had a short neck and a long tail which is probably what Dracovish is based on).

Still, I'm usually really excited to see what they'll base their fossil pokemon on, but these four are quite a letdown. Okay, I get the joke, but at least give us the option to make the right combinations and get the original Dromaeosaur, Stegosaur, Dunkleosteus and whatever the Arcto part is (seems like a Plesiosaur to me).

Orphalesion

Yeah the biggest mistake was that we can't assemble the correct combinations, something like that just rubs a large percantage of people the wrong way.
Plus, even if they wanted to make the joke about the mistakes made by early paleontologists...those dinosaurs at least always looked like something that could have plausibly existed (more or less). If they had made the fossils frankensteins a little bit more feasible I would have liked them better.
Like this, maybe
script>
https://imgur.com/a/ieDX7Yr

I'm also thinking it might have been better with just two of them? Then you can have 4 different fossil mons: AA, Ab, bA and BB.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Dracovish is the most popular among the four currently. It's looking great in competitive battles, and it has the most fan arts among the four as well.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Dracovish is the most popular among the four currently. It's looking great in competitive battles, and it has the most fan arts among the four as well.
That's funny. Before people started realizing just how much of a monster Dracovish is, I remember many of them thinking Dracovish looking the oddest. If they ever make a new Mystery Dungeon game where the realm of science has slowed down over the years, I wonder how the MD games are going to explain the mis-match fossil Pokemon lol.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Galarian fossil Pokemon need all the hugs. I'm not sure if I want to complete the National Dex if it means creating them to suffer

Baggie_Saiyan

I finally saw them all in game! Spent about 20,000 watts to get the darn Drako fossil! I love them they are so hilarious I sat there laughing at each one! Haha.

Fossils needed something new unique where getting stale and save to say they delivered.

Bus

Cara Liss, that's who!

Have you noticed her shoes are mismatched? One of them is red, and one of them is yellow. Kind of reflects the mixed-up nature of the Pokémon she creates.
Reading your post, I just realized the pun of her name. Cara Liss...CARELESS!

Not sure if that was known, but it just hit me lol

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Galarian fossil Pokemon need all the hugs. I'm not sure if I want to complete the National Dex if it means creating them to suffer
For what it's worth, they seem happy enough in-game. Dracovish certainly doesn't act like it can't breathe, it runs and plays like other pokemon in camp.

Reading your post, I just realized the pun of her name. Cara Liss...CARELESS!

Not sure if that was known, but it just hit me lol
To make it even more clear, she wears mismatched shoes.