• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The (new) Gymshipping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Sure thing, I don't mind. :3 I'm really sorry I can't color it, though. It's kinda unimpressive, for somethign to be put up on a site. ^^a

It's still great either way:) I'll add it to my site eventually. Most likely this weekend.

Any ships which remind you of gymshipping?

Probably Miroku x Sango from Inuyasha. Miroku is the flirty one in the group and Sango is always slapping him whenever Miroku is acting like an idiot around any girls. Just like Misty and Brock!

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
Misty and Brock would be cute together... but how old is Brock? Is there a big age difference between the two?

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Misty and Brock would be cute together... but how old is Brock? Is there a big age difference between the two?

I'm not sure about any of the character's ages. The only ones that were even mentioned in the show was Ash's in the first episode, May's in the first Advanced Generation episode, and Hikari's in the first Diamond and Pearl episode.

If I had to guess, Brock is (at the very most) 5 years older than her. That's not too big of an age difference. There are shippings where one of the characters is old enough to be the other's parent (and sometimes, grandparent).

bijoukaiba

The Last Gymshipper?
Wow... O_O that was great fanart, Hikarii.

~~ bijoukaiba and Miko;260;

STJ

meh..^_^'

Yeah, Brock and Misty's ages have actually never been stated.. which is why I don't quite understand why people say that Brock's too old for Misty when they don't even know how great the age difference actually is.. it's all speculation in my opinion.

Hehe..
[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/IWannaDateWithYou_0001001_0001.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/IWannaDateWithYou_0001002_0001.jpg[/IMG139]

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Yeah, Brock and Misty's ages have actually never been stated.. which is why I don't quite understand why people say that Brock's too old for Misty when they don't even know how great the age difference actually is.. it's all speculation in my opinion.

Hehe..
[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/IWannaDateWithYou_0001001_0001.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/IWannaDateWithYou_0001002_0001.jpg[/IMG139]

Those pictures are too cute!

And I agree about the age difference thing. It's weird that it's one of the main arguments against Gymshipping, despite the fact that the ages are (for the most part) fan speculation.

STJ

meh..^_^'
LOL, yeah :D

I'm guessing that those pictures are from the scecne where they both love the water (Movie 5) .. and then think Ash is weired cause he doesn't get it XD

Topic

Do you think that the writers will actually hook Brock up? and if so, would they do it with some random girl, Or would the writers go for a friend? (like Misty)

Hikarii

Two i's, not one!
Those water scenes are from Mewtwo Returns. XD

Do you think that the writers will actually hook Brock up? and if so, would they do it with some random girl, Or would the writers go for a friend? (like Misty)

As for that, I don't know. Both ways could work, in my opinion, because lots of TV shows do either one, and I'm sure the same thing goes with Anime.

Well, since this is a Gymshipping thread, we'll answer the latter, of course!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Well about the age difference, I thought it would be big. Misty seemed around 13 to start with, so would now be 15. Brock always came across as an adult to me... I still say this ship is cooler than pokeshipping though. Two accompanyment ships > main male + main female ships in my opinion

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I

I would prefer it if they paired Brock with Misty. But I doubt the writers will focus too much on Brock's love life. Sometimes, I wonder about if Misty was a filler character instead of a main character, would Brock fall in love with her.

STJ

meh..^_^'

Honestly, I don't know... The clostst types of ships are like Miroku/Sango.. which has a decent subplot to it (not that I know all that much, since I don't watch Inuyasha) and Sanji/Nami.. oif course, I'm not quite sure whether they're actually going to go anywhereh with it, since that desn't seem to be quite the 'style' of that anime to go very, very romantic..and Sanji's flrting is comic relief, even if they are genuine..

Can't tell with Pokemon, it really could go either way, so meanwhile I'm staying hopeful

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Can't tell with Pokemon, it really could go either way, so meanwhile I'm staying hopeful

Too true. The writers are rarely serious about any romance that they put into the anime. It seems as if the pokemon themselves have more serious relationships and their trainers. I'm not really expecting any ships to happen in the end seeing as how Pokemon is centered around Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon master.

STJ

meh..^_^'
From As clear as Crystal..One of the few times Brock actually smiles while he's being pulled away XD

[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/PokemonMasterQuest244098_0001.jpg[/IMG139]

oh, and remember how you wanted the exact quote from this episode? Well, here's the dub, anyway

Brock:We'll keep the secret tucked safely away in our memories
Girl: I appreciate that
Brock: The very same way that I'll keep your loveliness tucked safely away in my heart and mind forever!
Misty:C'mon, time for your heart and mind to hit the road!

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
From As clear as Crystal..One of the few times Brock actually smiles while he's being pulled away XD

[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/PokemonMasterQuest244098_0001.jpg[/IMG139]

oh, and remember how you wanted the exact quote from this episode? Well, here's the dub, anyway

Brock:We'll keep the secret tucked safely away in our memories
Girl: I appreciate that
Brock: The very same way that I'll keep your loveliness tucked safely away in my heart and mind forever!
Misty:C'mon, time for your heart and mind to hit the road!

Oh, that's the quote? I thought it was something else. Oh well, it's still cute how Brock is smiling while he's being pulled away.

bijoukaiba

The Last Gymshipper?
Not shocked; I'd be surprised, in an "OMG how exciting!" sense.

Last edited:

STJ

meh..^_^'
If Gymshipping did happen, would you be shocked?
Personally speaking, I think it would depend on how the writers brought it about. Obviously at the moment the writers are still using love-struck-but-always-unlucky-Brock and in order fo that gag to continue he won't find someone for a while yet

Of course, once the series is starting to finish, I'm really hoping that they'll pair him up and make him happy (if the only ship they make canon (and yes, I have my own personally definition of canon which I won't bother going into at the moment, but if you know me well enough I'm sure you can guess) involves Brock).. They then at that point might start suggesting something between them.. Well, that's what I'm hoping for

Of course, they could just do a random, like Ginny/Harry (well, random in the sense that he actually like her back all of a sudden with his jealousy monster thing)

Random picture! (It's getting obvious that I'm running short, but considering there hasn't been anything new, what can I do? :p
[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/Pokemon-Episode135enfr-DestructionE.jpg[/IMG139]

Status
Not open for further replies.