• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The (new) Gymshipping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Random picture! (It's getting obvious that I'm running short, but considering there hasn't been anything new, what can I do? :p
[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/Pokemon-Episode135enfr-DestructionE.jpg[/IMG139]

I love this picture! I remember when I first saw this episode and that happened, I had a near heart-attack:p

Hmm, there sure is a lack of stuff to talk about since Misty wasn't in that many episodes. But I know that we can be creative!

Lux

Carpe diem ~
^ That pic is priceless! Good old days...

And talking about good ol' days, in "Ghost of Maiden Peak", I couldn't stop laughing when Misty assumed Gastly (disguised as the old lady) was talking about her when it told Brock about a beautiful lady who was going to lead him to misery. :D

STJ

meh..^_^'
LOL, I remember that as well

Misty: I must be the beautiful girl she's talking about, but I'd never hurt Brock!
ghastly: I was talking about a beautiful young woman not some scrawny girl!
Misty SCRAWNY?!
Ash: REAL scrawny!

Oh well, It's a pity that I'll be a while before we see any interaction between them again, But I can be very patient when I wanna be

Last edited:

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
LOL, I remember that as well

Misty: I must be the beautiful girl she's talking about, but I'd never hurt Brock!
Misty SCRAWNY?!

Oh well, It's a pity that I'll be a while before we see any interaction between them again, But I can be very patient when I wanna be

That's one of my favorite Gymshipping moments. It proves that you don't need to abuse someone to get along *coughlove/haterelationshipscough*. I do wish that we could get some more Brock and Misty interaction. But there's always fanfics I guess.

And for some reason, I thought it would be really cute if Brock and Misty did some sort of tag/gym battle together. I guess like one of those cute "The Bicker the Better" moments.

Lux

Carpe diem ~
^ Misty and Brock tag-battling would be great, just like she did with Tracey using Azurill and Marril. But I guess a TBTB kind of battle would be very much funny ^^

STJ said:
Misty SCRAWNY?!

LOL, thanks for reminding me about the exact dialogue! :D

Yep... us pokemon shipping fans should get used to it...

Last edited:

STJ

meh..^_^'
LOL, thanks for reminding me about the exact dialogue!
It's too funny to forget :p

New topic sorta

If Brock and Misty did get together, how well do you think they'll adjust to the fact that they have quasi-older and quasi-younger siblings respectively?

I hope that made sense :S

II Kaeyne II

Eevee Trainer
Yay! A Gymshipping thread! This is my second favorite shipping. (Next to Advanceshipping of course) I like it because it fits in with Advanceshipping. (Ash gets May and Misty gets Brock therefore Misty wouldnt have any reason to be jealous of May! [same with Ash toward Misty because of May]) Also I am sad because not only is Gymshipping kinda out the window....but I heard May won't be around in Shino! /cry

Using up too many tissues
~Kaeyne

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Yay, a new poster! Anyways, on to the topic at hand.

If Brock and Misty did get together, how well do you think they'll adjust to the fact that they have quasi-older and quasi-younger siblings respectively?

Seeing as how Misty got along pretty well with Max, I'm sure that she'll get along well with Brock's siblings. But it's sort of weird with Brock and Misty's sisters since (I think) he flirted with them before. Overall, I think that they'll adjust pretty well.

II Kaeyne II

Eevee Trainer

I think that it would work for both of them, because Misty's older sisters could babysit while Brock and Misty go out/away!
Plus the writers would MAKE it work if it happened.

~Kaeyne

STJ

meh..^_^'
Yes, another poster! About time too :p

Yeah, I think they'd adjust to it alright, Maybe Misty's already given up her runt status, and as destiny said earlier she got along quite well with Max

I don't think Brock has ever 'flirted' with her sisters in the same manner as other girls (that is, he's never took any by the heads and gone on about how much he loves her) But I do recall one episode during Master Quest when they were at a water Gym. It advertised water ballet, which sent Brock straight into fantasying about Misty's sisters. I don't remember the whole speech, but he ends with saying that he'll be 'One Happy Breeder!' Needless to say Misty wasn't that impressed by it all XD

because Misty's older sisters could babysit while Brock and Misty go out/away!
LOl, It's a very interesting idea, considering that, if the Nibi Gym battle episodes was anything to go by, Brock's parents don't have any problems with just leaving on a whim XD

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Well, I'm going to steal a topic from the Advanceshipping thread. I hope no one minds.

Which Gymshipping moment most made you:

1. laugh
2. groan
3. cheer
4. squeal
5. curse the dubbers
6. curse another character for interrupting
7. yell "kiss already!" at the screen.

1) The "I would never hurt Brock..." scene.
2) None
3) When Brock and Misty danced with each other in the Lighthouse episode.
4) When they revealed that they spent the night together in a hotspring (by themselves!), seeing how close they sat together in the last episode Misty appeared in, and when they shared a box together in the Johto episode about the three Swinub. There are a lot more, but I'm just too tired to think about them right now.
5) There were times when I wished that the dubbers didn't add in hints for another shipping...
6) None
7) Pretty much anytime they were alone together.

STJ

meh..^_^'
I doubt anyone will mind here ;)

1. laugh
2. groan
3. cheer
4. squeal
5. curse the dubbers
6. curse another character for interrupting
7. yell "kiss already!" at the screen.

1.I guess..it's this scene, for now

Brock: That's the most beautiful girl in the whole world! (not exact words, but meh)
Ash: I don't see any beautiful girl..
Misty: Just turn around!

I know, it doesn't sound shippy, and there are those who see it as Pokeshippy, but for me it's funny

2.Probably when Misty went berserk on Brock and shouted "She's your only hope! Force yourself to like her!" yeah, that's totally gonna work Misty :rolleyes:

3. Hmmm, yeah, I'd probably have to go with the Lighthouse Dance too, either that or recent Cleffa episode, when Brock asked Misty if she was alright

4.Probably when Brock carried Misty on his back in the 4th movie

5.Nothing I can note

6.Meh, they've rarely been interrupted in the romantic sense

7. Nothing comes to mind, the closest being them sitting together at Mt Moon, although that would kinda been weired since they weren't alone XD

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Oh yeah, I forgot about when Brock carried Misty on his back. That was probably one of the cutest moments in any Pokemon shippings.

I just find it sort of funny that Ash could've easily been the one to carry Misty seeing as how he carried Sammy on his back earlier in the movie. But no, it was Brock who actually cared about Misty when she hurt her knee and decided to help her ^_^

STJ

meh..^_^'
That is too true :D

Letsee... another topic since I can't find another pic to look at XD

I'm sure that I've said this before, but whatever

Since Brock has never (as of yet) seen a guy hit on Misty, how do you imagine he would react if he did in the future?

Lux

Carpe diem ~
So we get a new poster, but things are still the same here, huh? ^^

1. laugh: The whole "The Heartbreak of Brock" thing... Well, it's not really gymshippy, but there's a lot of Brock/Misty interaction and we get to know how is Misty worried about Brock's love life! XD
2. groan: When they sit together in the Mt. Moon episode.
3. cheer: The dance in the lighthouse for sure!
4. squeal: In movie 4, when he carried on his back! Yay, I almost screamed out loud in the cinema XD
5. curse the dubbers: None I can think of.
6. curse another character for interrupting: None at all...
7. yell "kiss already!" at the screen: Again in "The Heartbreack of Brock", when Misty carries Brock to the balcony and they have that private talk XD

Since Brock has never (as of yet) seen a guy hit on Misty, how do you imagine he would react if he did in the future?
LOL, that's something I'd really like to see! I wonder if Brock was there when Rudy hit on Misty, but I wouldn't expect he reacting much different than Tracey, or just being oblivious to the whole situation.

But thinking otherwise, how'd Brock react if Misty was the one hitting on a guy, like she did to Dany in Navel Island? Earpulling, anyone? XDDD

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I

He would probably at least be a bit confused and hopefully he'll get protective of Misty. That would be cute to see. And then Misty would hopefully notice a change in Brock's behavior and would actually talk to Brock about it.

Wow, I didn't notice that anyone posted in here until I went to change my signature...

STJ

meh..^_^'

I'd imagine he'd be very very confused a to what he was seeing.. Of course he'd probably at first start moaning at how unlucky he is, but if he was the vengeful type and Misty was going a little overboard, he'd probably would start ear pulling as well (it's only fair XD)

I'm not sure whether he'd get jealous, but hopefully it would at least prompt them both to talk about romance more (can you imagine her trying to talk about that with any other group members, I'm mean sure, Tracey may be mature enough, but.. that might not mean he may care.. then again, who knows?)

and now, a blast from the past XD

[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/French2.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/French3.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/French4.jpg[/IMG139]

Brock: and now for ze special snack I have for you some French crepes
Misty: I LOVE FRENCH THINGS THEY'RE SOO ROMANTIC AREN'T THEY?

bijoukaiba

The Last Gymshipper?
*looks at previous post and sighs* Those were the good ol' days... personally, I think that was when the English dub was at its best and 4Kids/the new company didn't make everything so corny.

Oh, just look at the stars in her eyes... and the blush! She was totally flirting with him. ^_^ And look how pretty "French" Misty is! Of course, Ash has to ruin the moment...

But if another guy started flirting with Misty? Hmmm, that one's tough... I'd have to agree with STJ, he'd probably be confused or start complaining about how unlucky he is... I think the ear-pulling would only occur, however if Misty showed signs of returning his feelings. Who knows? Similar to "The Heartbreak of Brock", maybe he'd go all "romantic personal trainer" on Misty too.

Sort of like an episode in Johto (can't remember the title), where Misty started getting interested in a professor on Water Poke'mon, then a certain breeder came along and dragged her away. XD WHY CAN'T THEY JUST ADMIT THEY LIKE EACH OTHER?! Lol, love is so awkward, I guess...

STJ

meh..^_^'
Oh, just look at the stars in her eyes... and the blush! She was totally flirting with him. ^_^ And look how pretty "French" Misty is! Of course, Ash has to ruin the moment...
heh, I just love the music when Ash is eating, I just find it hilarious

Sort of like an episode in Johto (can't remember the title), where Misty started getting interested in a professor on Water Poke'mon, then a certain breeder came along and dragged her away. XD WHY CAN'T THEY JUST ADMIT THEY LIKE EACH OTHER?! Lol, love is so awkward, I guess...

LOL, I remember, for those who care, that episode was called "Fossil Fools". Misty wanted to be Pr Foster's assistant, to which Brock pulled her away (I should get a picture of that)

Brock: Time to dry up water girl!

[IMG139]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/stj0809/BrockMisty/firewood.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Redeevee

I dont really support this ship at all. but here's a picture:

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/spritemasterwhoworks/PA8_Back_Cover.jpg[/img139]

Status
Not open for further replies.