• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The (new) Gymshipping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
I dont really support this ship at all. but here's a picture:

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/spritemasterwhoworks/PA8_Back_Cover.jpg[/img139]

That's a cute picture. I wonder if there were any hints in the Pokemon manga... Probably not because from what I heard, it was mostly Misty x Red stuff. Oh well...

STJ

meh..^_^'
yeih^^
I'm new here and I just wanted to say, that I rrrrreally love this ship<3<3
Even that I support Pokeshipping (and Misty&Georgio) too.
Thanks for dropping by, post anytime you wish :)

That's a cute picture. I wonder if there were any hints in the Pokemon manga... Probably not because from what I heard, it was mostly Misty x Red stuff. Oh well...
heh, kinda depends on which manga you're talking about

None of the manga I recall have anything major in it. You're right it's mostly Red/Misty related (and Rocketshipping too), if you're talking about Ono's version. IN his manga, however, there were a couple of small moments, one being that he blushes (with Ash) when they see Misty at the hot springs (or something) as well as Misty being in the same shot when Brock says "Women like wine age better with time, a few more years outta do it!"

Cause, that's pretty much it, as you said before it's mostly Pokeshipping. Of course, if you consider this quote (from an interview)

Will there ever be a romance between Ash and Misty?
I personally think that Misty is looking more for having an older brother, but my editor is always nagging me that a little love-interest story might be interesting, so it may happen.

Then that basically suggests that he got nagged into it in spite of his objections. Pity really

If you're talking about the special..well, that's basically a love triangle tihng between Red, Yellow and Misty

Of course, if you've ever seen the manga you would have known that Brock/Takeshi is depicted as a much older character who drives (something like in his mid-20's) which makes the idea of a romance between him and Misty (since in the manga it says she's 12) alot less appealing

In any case, thanks for the picture Redeevee, I think that's one of the few times I've seen her in the manga with that hairstyle (the other time was in the GSC game version, who knows who that guy was she was with)

Last edited:

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
yeih^^
I'm new here and I just wanted to say, that I rrrrreally love this ship<3<3
Even that I support Pokeshipping (and Misty&Georgio) too. :D

Wow, we have another poster here. Feel free to jump in anytime ^_^

STJ said:
Of course, if you've ever seen the manga you would have known that Brock/Takeshi is depicted as a much older character who drives (something like in his mid-20's) which makes the idea of a romance between him and Misty (since in the manga it says she's 12) alot less appealing

Eww, that's...interesting. I was really hoping that there was something in the manga seeing as how it's hard to find any new hints in the anime unless I actually watch the show:p At least there's always fanfics and fanart.

Lux

Carpe diem ~
Welcome, Zino! :)

And great pic, Redeeve! I had never seen it before... I love that Misty's hair style too. *saves*

"Women like wine age better with time, a few more years outta do it!"

I remember that line! And I'm not sure, but I think she is blushing in that scene... Too bad I don't have that scan.

But since we're talking about the manga:

[IMG139]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/Jolivine/Mistypretty.jpg[/IMG139]

Just ignore Ash XD

Last edited:

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
okay, I know this isn't shippy at all,
but I thinks it is really cute, when
at the beginning of "Keep Home in my mind" -song
Misty say something like:
M: Brock, are you crying?
B: No, it's just.. cold out here.

aww, Brock doesn't want show his tears in front of his woman<3 ^^

STJ

meh..^_^'
okay, I know this isn't shippy at all,
but I thinks it is really cute, when
at the beginning of "Keep Home in my mind" -song
Misty say something like:
M: Brock, are you crying?
B: No, it's just.. cold out here.

aww, Brock doesn't want show his tears in front of his woman<3 ^^
One of the few dub songs I actually have listened too ^^'

yeah, I wouldn't say that it was romantic (and it probably wouldn't really be significant if it was) but I suppose it's a nice song nonetheless
I remember that line! And I'm not sure, but I think she is blushing in that scene... Too bad I don't have that scan.
yeah, I tried looking for it on the internet, with little success

New stuff for discussion? sorta.. Since I'm sure the posters here care not for spoilers, I'm sure you might have found out that Misty may be showing up again soon....granted nothing's really set in stone, but still.. thoughts?

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Thoughts about another possible Misty return? I don't really know. Maybe once we find out more about the episode plot, then I'll be more excited. I hope it's not like the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special where Brock and Misty were separated for the whole entire time (give or take 1 or 2 minutes >_<).

STJ

meh..^_^'
I hope it's not like the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special where Brock and Misty were separated for the whole entire time (give or take 1 or 2 minutes >_<).

Same here

of course, northing's set in stone yet..But as to my thoughts, I woudn't mind seeing Misty come back as it obviously gives us a chance to see good interaction with her and Brock..But I suppose it depends on how they do it, as long as it's written well I suppose

In any rate, I have new pictures to bring... It looks as though Misty can invade Brock's thoughts! Dun dun duunn! (ok being serious, she's just dreaming about water Pokemon like she usually does..but heck.. It looks funny anyways XD

[IMG139]http://www.freespaces.com/shiphappens/Gymshipping/gymfirst.jpeg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://www.freespaces.com/shiphappens/Gymshipping/gym2nd.jpeg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Wow, I haven't been on these forums in a while. School stuff (>_<)

Anyways, those pictures are really cute. I need to find some new pictures though. And I haven't seen a whole lot of fanart. So, what's new on the Gymshipping homefront? (I haven't been on these forums in forever, but I'm planning on watching the premiere of the Diamond and Pearl season tonight)

Jenizaki

7. Hey.... WAIT ONE SECOND!!! Wasn't it Ash who deliberately let go of Misty and said, "Catch her, Brock!!!", sure that his friend would do it?!? O.O;;;; Heck, I think Ash is on to something!!!

Hello, I'm new here ^^

About the above quote, you could argue that this is proof AGAINST the existence of AAML- if Ash is in love with Misty, wouldn't he have just lowered her to the ground, instead of dropping her to her death if Brock hadn't caught her?

That could show two things- Ash DOESN'T like Misty, and he thinks Brock does. Hmm.

Ah, just another one of my random theories... :D

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Hello, I'm new here ^^

About the above quote, you could argue that this is proof AGAINST the existence of AAML- if Ash is in love with Misty, wouldn't he have just lowered her to the ground, instead of dropping her to her death if Brock hadn't caught her?

That could show two things- Ash DOESN'T like Misty, and he thinks Brock does. Hmm.

Ah, just another one of my random theories... :D

That is a VERY good point. I might just put it on my website (I need to update it really badly, but I'll be able to since school is OVER!). And wow, it's about time that someone else posted in here.

I have a lot of random theories too. For example, why did the creators/writers of Pokemon Hoso/Pokemon Chronicles decide to have Misty and Brock, out of all the characters in Pokemon, "host" the show?

And in the Johto episode where Misty was trying to hook Brock up with a girl (I forgot the title of it), why did Misty react so nervously when Brock asked her about how she would know it was easier to like someone who likes you than liking someone who doesn't. Besides, they were nowhere near Ash which makes me think that Misty might've been refering to Brock.

Jenizaki

Ooh, feel free to use it, that'd be awesome :D

I think, if there will be any actual romance in Pokemon, it'll be Ash/May and Brock/Misty. Well at least that's what I want. :D

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Yeah, it would be nice if they got together. But with the writers always changing everything, who knows what will happen. Since this thread is a bit more active, here's another topic:

What were your favorite hints/cute moments from each region?

Kanto: The dance, Brock catching Misty in "Tower of Terror", Misty preferring to stay with Brock in the episode with Giselle
Johto: The balcony scene in "The Heartbreak of Brock", Pokemon 4Ever movie
Hoenn: The clefairy episode where they sat thisclose to each other during the clefairies moon dance.

That's what I can remember. I know a lot more happened in Kanto and Johto, but I'm sort of tired right now.

Jazzy Beans

Hi! I'm new here. This is actually my first forum ever. I haven't even edited my settings or anything yet, I saw this forum and wanted to ask all you well-informed people a question:

Does anyone have a picture from the episode where Ash drops Misty and says "Catch her, Brock" that shows Brock holding her? I've seen ENDLESS AAML sites with the picture of Ash laughing while Misty's screaming in the air, but never a picture of Brock catching her.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone else remember in the Johto League... the episode may be called something like "Gettin the Bugs Out".. it's been a couple years since I saw it, but there's a plethora of fun gymshipping moments!
Every time Misty sees a bug, she freaks out and starts swatting at it like crazy, and ends up hitting Brock every time too.
Then she's too scared to be around the bugs and hides behind a tree. She asks Brock what's happening and he says "Why don't you move CLOSER so you can see better?" (and he DOES emphasize the word closer. Honest!) and points next to him, indicating for her to sit close. Then Misty giggles and says "Haha.. I don't wanna get TOO close!" like she's teasing him.

I LOVED that when I saw it! I'll have to watch it and get back with you guys.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Hi! I'm new here. This is actually my first forum ever. I haven't even edited my settings or anything yet, I saw this forum and wanted to ask all you well-informed people a question:

Does anyone have a picture from the episode where Ash drops Misty and says "Catch her, Brock" that shows Brock holding her? I've seen ENDLESS AAML sites with the picture of Ash laughing while Misty's screaming in the air, but never a picture of Brock catching her.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone else remember in the Johto League... the episode may be called something like "Gettin the Bugs Out".. it's been a couple years since I saw it, but there's a plethora of fun gymshipping moments!
Every time Misty sees a bug, she freaks out and starts swatting at it like crazy, and ends up hitting Brock every time too.
Then she's too scared to be around the bugs and hides behind a tree. She asks Brock what's happening and he says "Why don't you move CLOSER so you can see better?" (and he DOES emphasize the word closer. Honest!) and points next to him, indicating for her to sit close. Then Misty giggles and says "Haha.. I don't wanna get TOO close!" like she's teasing him.

I LOVED that when I saw it! I'll have to watch it and get back with you guys.

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

Hmm, I don't think I've seen that episode yet since I haven't heard of it or remember seeing any scenes like the one you described. But now I want to! And I haven't seen any pictures of Brock catching Misty in "The Tower of Terror." I tried to find one for you but I couldn't. If anyone could provide us with any screenshots of "The Tower of Terror" and/or "Gettin the Bugs Out!" I would truly appreciate it.

Chelc

In case you guys didn't notice - the last post in this thread was on 6/19, aka, more than 30 days ago.

//closed

Status
Not open for further replies.