• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Kirby Thread!

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Anyone else interested in getting Canvas Curse when it comes out? I probably won't as it doesn't really appeal to me, however I am sure the majority of others reading this thread probably will! I don't know why it doesn't appeal to me, it may be just because I never liked the DS original.
I would get on my knees and beg for a WiiU to get that game. Kirby is just so fricking awesome. And the game looks amazing.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
So, sort of off topic, but is anyone going to be maining King Dedede or Kirby in Smash 4? Personally, I doubt I will, but my friend mains Kirby, so I will probably get to know the character and his moves etc. pretty well!

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So, sort of off topic, but is anyone going to be maining King Dedede or Kirby in Smash 4? Personally, I doubt I will, but my friend mains Kirby, so I will probably get to know the character and his moves etc. pretty well!

Me,I play a MEAN Dedede in Brawl and can't what to see what personality he has added to Dedede in SSB4
On a more Kirby Related note,Fighters Z looks more to me like DLC for Triple Deluxe(which it could be if it comes overseas) with new maps for the mode,what else do you think they will add?
from the trailer it would be awesome if something along the lines of Final Smashes is added.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
On a more Kirby Related note,Fighters Z looks more to me like DLC for Triple Deluxe(which it could be if it comes overseas) with new maps for the mode,what else do you think they will add?
As you can see,they have been announced for overseas as "Kirby Fighters Deluxe" and "Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe."From what I have learned from walkthroughs/gameplay,they are their own game (as in,you can access it on the home menu).

The new stages seen for Fighters Deluxe are: Butter Building, Fountain of Dreams, Haldera Volcano, Dyna Blade's Nest and Springy Hand Land.It seems you can get rare hats from single player, and abilities and stages from Triple Deluxe streetpass data. The abilities are: Beetle and Bell (the new abilities).The stage you get is Waddle Dee Train Tracks.

For Drum Dash Deluxe, there are all new songs, the ability to wear masks, Jam Mode,which allows you to remix your last stage played, and the ability get high scores for bigger trophies.The songs are some songs from Triple Deluxe, and, from what I've seen, C.R.O.W.N.E.D. and Meta Knight's Revenge.You get the masks from Triple Deluxe streetpass data.The masks are: Kirby, Meta Knight and Waddle Dee.

These games are available now, if you want them.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I downloaded the two games yesterday and they are very funny. Shame that Kirby Fighters Deluxe doesn't have online and it's still missing abilities. It's still pretty fun though and I love the new things they added in it and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. I just hope you don't need a Platinum rank to 100% Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe!

Torpoleon

You might.I think that's how you 100% Drum Dash.It would make sense if that's how to 100% Drum Dash Deluxe.
You don't need 100% for Drum Dash. I'm assuming you might though for Deluxe in case there is a big Platinum Dedede Trophy. Does anyone know of there is one? If there is then it will take a while for me to beat this game. If not, I'll probably have it beat in a few days.

Airo

That One Guy
Got Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Depressed to see Ninja is still as underwhelming as ever. Meanwhile, Sword is still the most powerful ability. It has a little of everything, a projectile with good priority, a close-range combo, an up attack that combos down, a charged spin attack that can move to the side or even upward, and decent ground and air dash attacks.

Sure, Ninja's got two great moves in Blossom Storm and Kawarimi no Jutsu, but those are really only handy as anti-engages. Ninja has no good approaches since his dash is useless due to the fact that invulnerability frames don't exist in Fighters and he doesn't even have an aerial dash attack. All he's got is Ninja Kick, which, while executed fairly quickly doesn't have much horizontal movement. Of course I realize his Quad Shock does great damage, but the fact that it can't be used in the air and even when you're on the ground, requires you to be close (for example, hitting an enemy at the tip of the blade may not trigger the shockwave), means that overall, Ninja's comes out as the weakest ability. His Kunai Throw is pathetic since it does barely any damage and can't even flinch enemies. Normally, that wouldn't be too bad, since it would be comparable to Fox's Blaster, but the difference is that there are ton of moves that simply cancel it out(for example, nearly every dash attack in the game), so must of the time, you're not doing anything with it.

/rant

Anyways, really glad to see Beetle and Bell are both interesting abilities in Fighters. Beetle functions quite similarly to Sword, actually, only without the charged spin and projectile, while having an awesome dash attack that goes through guard and having the ability to fly. (Believe me, vastly superior to puffing up and floating). Bell is amazing with his guard providing auto-counter at the cost of it having less endurance, and his dash attack and sound wave attack having great range and harassment capability. The alternate hats are also nice, although I can't say I'm a fan of Bell's.

The CPU difficulty hasn't changed much, that is to say, Level 5(max level) comps are still ridiculously hard. I can take on 1-on-1 fairly well, but when me and my friend tried a two-on-two against 2 CPUs we got creamed every time. We had them on Random abilities, so once, it spat out double Cutters. It was terrible. We couldn't even approach them, much less attack them.

Overall, a great game for it's price, especially if you never got Triple Deluxe. I have to say, though, you'll only be able to achieve maximum enjoyment if you have another friend with the game, or, at the very least, other people with 3DSes willing to DS Download Play. On a side note, this game IS NOT compatible with Triple Deluxe's Fighters. Your friend must have Fighters Deluxe if he/she wants the full roster of abilities, otherwise they'll just get Sword, Cutter, and Beam.

Last edited:

SmartD

My favorite Kirby game is Kirby 64 because the combo power thing is awesome. I've also played Kirby: Return to Dreamland (though only some of it) and Kirby Super Star Ultra (again most of it). I'm also currently watching the anime.