• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Kirby Thread!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I've never touched SS tbo, mostly because I was a bit tired of Kirby at that point of my life. Should I try and nab a copy or is it not worth it?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's alright. Standard Kirby platformer.

The final boss, however, is just terrible. No challenge and not scary in the slightest.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's alright. Standard Kirby platformer.

The final boss, however, is just terrible. No challenge and not scary in the slightest.

Pretty much this. The only thing noteworthy about it is that Kirby can store and mix items in his belly on the second screen. Other than that, it's nothing special. If you're tired of Kirby, you're probably not going to enjoy it that much.

Nulava

Banned
Kirby Triple Deluxe Analysis: Japanese Gameplay & Screenshots (Secrets & Hidden Details)

[Video=Youtube;YCXnFCwsE_0]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXnFCwsE_0[/Video]

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I wish we got more of a firm US release date for today's ND than a vague 2014 release considering that the game is coming out in less than a month in Japan. Hopefully a US release isn't too far away.

Also, I hope Kirby Fighters has online play and lets you play with people who don't have the game through Download Play. It looks pretty fun.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wish we got more of a firm US release date for today's ND than a vague 2014 release considering that the game is coming out in less than a month in Japan. Hopefully a US release isn't too far away.Also, I hope Kirby Fighters has online play and lets you play with people who don't have the game through Download Play. It looks pretty fun.
Agreed. It'd be disappointing if the rest of the world has to wait significantly longer to play the game.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I wish we got more of a firm US release date for today's ND than a vague 2014 release considering that the game is coming out in less than a month in Japan. Hopefully a US release isn't too far away.

Also, I hope Kirby Fighters has online play and lets you play with people who don't have the game through Download Play. It looks pretty fun.

The Kirby Fighters thing looks amazing. Reminds me of Smash Bros in a sense, but Kirby everywhere. Don't see any real point in it if it won't have wifi capabilities, though iirc players can send each other items in stages over wifi (Correct me if i'm wrong) so I don't see why this wouldn't.

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
He'll probably turn into a giant nightmare spider demon with one eye. Because they all have to have one eye.
Technically, Magalor still had two eyes (three if you wanna count the one in his mouth) and so did Marx. Plus Drawcia Soul had five :p

But still, holy information, Batman! O_O

Kirby Triple Deluxe Analysis: Japanese Gameplay & Screenshots (Secrets & Hidden Details)

[Video=Youtube;YCXnFCwsE_0]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXnFCwsE_0[/Video]

Just wanted to say, Kirby HAS been able to move while inhaling but only in Kirby 64.

Also, apparently the site JUST revealed two new Abilities! What looks to be a circus-themed one (which looks awesome) and an archery one (even though Kirby's had a bow before via Cupid and the Needle+Burning combo).

And finally, Shiver Star factory stage in the Kirby Fighters thing with the music!! *w*

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Kirby Fighters thing looks amazing. Reminds me of Smash Bros in a sense, but Kirby everywhere. Don't see any real point in it if it won't have wifi capabilities, though iirc players can send each other items in stages over wifi (Correct me if i'm wrong) so I don't see why this wouldn't.
Yeah, I noticed the resemblance to Smash straight away, kind of surprised Iwata never pointed it out. It's not really surprising that the gameplay is so similar considering HAL used to make Smash. And it's awesome that they brought back the factory stage from 64 as one of the stages.

lolipiece

Staff member
The new Abilities are Circus and Sniper.

Circus looks cool. Sniper looks like a better version of Cupid minus the flight.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I thought Bell was new too? I dunno!

The game is looking better every time we see it!

Correct. There are four new abilities in this game, Bell, Beetle, Circus, and Sniper. He only called Circus and Sniper "new" because we didn't know about them until the Direct.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Circus seems pretty nice, Bell seems better but i'll try all of the new ones out for the sheer novelty of it. But Sniper...does it seem kind of a copy/paste from the Cupid ability? (And as lolipiece said, without the wings.) The wooden tree thing seems nice, would think it would have some drawbacks though, otherwise why bother using it over the guard when you have the Sniper ability?

So, from 1 to 4, which copy ability do you like the most? For me its:

1. Bell
2. Beetle
3. Circus (Could change.)
4. Sniper (Could change.)

lolipiece

Staff member
I'm liking Beetle and Circus the most, really.

I'm kind of miffed that the other Copy Abilities are just leftovers from Return to Dreamland (And no Water? I am saddened by this.) I hope those aren't the only ones returning.

Come on, mix it up with Abilities that we haven't seen much.

Like Mirror, Animal, Bubble, Clean (especially Clean), Jet, and Yo-Yo. And Kabuki.

And make Paint a normal Ability. Light too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm kind of miffed that the other Copy Abilities are just leftovers from Return to Dreamland (And no Water? I am saddened by this.) I hope those aren't the only ones returning.

Come on, mix it up with Abilities that we haven't seen much.

Like Mirror, Animal, Bubble, Clean (especially Clean), Jet, and Yo-Yo. And Kabuki.

And make Paint a normal Ability. Light too.

Yeah, most of the returning abilities in this game are pretty standard ones, no real interesting or surprising ones.

Animal and Jet would be good ones to bring back (Water and Tornado would've been good ones to keep from RtDL). Mirror, Clean, and Yo-Yo wouldn't really interest me. Bubble is only useful with Squeak Squad's belly mechanics, which I don't think will be returning. Not sure how Paint and Light would work as normal abilities (Paint could possibly work, not sure how Light could without being too much like Spark). I would've also liked to see Ghost, Laser, and UFO. I kind of doubt any of these will appear, though, maybe the latter two at best.

Last edited:

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
I'm liking Circus the most with all its fun looking attacks.
Then Bell, then Beetle (too much of a "stabby" ability plus the whole Suplex/Backdrop comparisons) and finally Sniper.
Wheel's actually coming back so that's something that wasn't in RtDL. Animal would be pretty neat and I would like to see Mirror and Clean return but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath.
And they already made the UFO enemy model so why they're not putting the ability is beyond me...

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFk7eJYMaoc
Okay, finally sold on this game. The bosses look fun, and some of those level ideas are pretty cool looking. If every level has some sort of new foreground/background mechanic, I do think we have a winner. Huh, looks like you can also play as Dedede for the main game as well...

Last edited: