• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The New Kirby Thread!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
New Kirby, New Thread!

It has been announced that the New 3DS Kirby Game, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, will be coming out in Japan on 11th January 2014!

Anyone else excited for this game?

This is the place to discuss the great Kirby series, so, as Serebii says,

Go nuts

Last edited:

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
As Kirby's one of my favorite series, heck yeah I'm excited! Reskinned Suplex Ability and all! The name's also been revealed, "Triple Deluxe," guess to play off the 3D :X When I first heard it I read it as "Triple Decker." Either way, sounds like a burger. Mmm... Burgers.

Vipsoccermaster

I was honestly surprised to see that Kirby: Triple Deluxe is coming that soon in Japan. That was only a span of 103 days between the announcement and the release.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
It's safe to say that it will come in NA around spring. Since the localization isn't that much of a problem.

I'm gonna pre-order it as soon it has a release date.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Looks pretty neat, I like what they're doing with the 3D in this game.

If I have leftover money from Christmas, I might get this, otherwise it might take me a while.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I am really looking forwards to it!!!

I hope Meta Knight is in it, I really like him, especially in Kirby's Adventure for the NES!

Can't wait!

Torpoleon

Pretty excited for Triple Deluxe. I think Nintendo said they'd start announcing games closer to their release dates, so I guess it isn't too shocking that a release date for Triple Deluxe is only a few months after its initial reveal. Either way, I am looking forward to this! Really enjoyed Return to Dream Land, so I hope to enjoy this one a lot too!

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
Wonder what other new Abilities they'll have in store and if they'll also be based on animals like the beetle which is totally not Suplex/Backdrop. Not to mention if they'll bring back others that weren't in RtDL like the UFO :I

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Pretty excited for Triple Deluxe. I think Nintendo said they'd start announcing games closer to their release dates, so I guess it isn't too shocking that a release date for Triple Deluxe is only a few months after its initial reveal. Either way, I am looking forward to this! Really enjoyed Return to Dream Land, so I hope to enjoy this one a lot too!

Good, I hope they do start showing games off just before they are done- the wait for X and Y, and Fire Emblem for example, were agonizing.

Back on topic, I would like to see the UFO return!

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
They made the model for the enemy and only used it for the Goal Game! ...Then again they made a Keke model for Kirby 64 and she was only a background character.

CelloX

Grew up with the Kirby games, still hoping they will make a sequel to Kirby Air Ride...

Off topic, but would you guys like to see another Kirby game with type combinations like 64?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Grew up with the Kirby games, still hoping they will make a sequel to Kirby Air Ride...

Off topic, but would you guys like to see another Kirby game with type combinations like 64?

I think having combination abilities limits you from having more varied and useful abilities within the game (unless they do it like they did in Squeak Squad and only allow you to combine certain ones). You probably won't see stuff like Hammer, Laser or UFO in such a game, it'd be the basic elemental stuff for the most part. However, I would like to see a 64 remake some time down the road that adds in Leaf and Water as new abilities.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I think having combination abilities limits you from having more varied and useful abilities within the game (unless they do it like they did in Squeak Squad and only allow you to combine certain ones). You probably won't see stuff like Hammer, Laser or UFO in such a game, it'd be the basic elemental stuff for the most part. However, I would like to see a 64 remake some time down the road that adds in Leaf and Water as new abilities.

I would eventually like to see a 64 Remake!

I really hope that the new 3DS game is a good, long game though, it was only announced last month and it is coming in September!

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
I would eventually like to see a 64 Remake!
SO MUCH THIS^

I really hope that the new 3DS game is a good, long game though, it was only announced last month and it is coming in September!
Nintendo's been saying they'll be trying to announce games closer to their releases than before.
And Kirby games have never been known for their length.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Nintendo's been saying they'll be trying to announce games closer to their releases than before.
And Kirby games have never been known for their length.

I just wanted them to ensure that enough time has been spent in development is all. I don't wanted a rushed Kirby game! XP

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not too happy about this. Looks like Return to Dreamland mixed in with b-tier movie 3D effects. I mean the game could be excellent, but I want the sort of creativity Mass Attack gave us, not generic kirby platformer #5.

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
To be fair, Kirby hasn't had a stream of regular sidescrollers in quite a while. Besides, these sort of 3D tricks were something used in things like Mutant Mudds, Shantae Risky's Revenge, and Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2. Sure those are all eShop games but were interesting enough in how they were used. This looks like it might be taken a little further.

arronishere

Random Trainer
To be fair, Kirby hasn't had a stream of regular sidescrollers in quite a while. Besides, these sort of 3D tricks were something used in things like Mutant Mudds, Shantae Risky's Revenge, and Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2. Sure those are all eShop games but were interesting enough in how they were used. This looks like it might be taken a little further.

Was Shantae Risky's Revenge in 3D? I thought it was a DS game.