• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story Discussion

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
I don't know why, but it suddenly disappeared. So I decided to bring it back. Now that there's more information about the game, this can be more lively than the previous one......

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I have a copy reserved so I'll be getting it as soon as it's released.

I'm a bit surprised that the box art is the same as the Japanese one, but I was kind of expecting it as I never saw any art for the game like the ones used on the SS and PiT covers.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Looks amazing, can't wait 2 weeks for the release.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Wow, I was just about to remake this thread.

Anyways, I just pre-ordered this game, and it looks amazing. Nintendo power rated it 9.5/10 and the videos and screenshots make it look so much fun!! One thing that I've really happy about is that Fawful's the main villain. That guy is just way too funny to be a villain's assistant or a bean collector.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Anyone else think it's kind of odd that they're basically using the game's Japanese boxart for this one?

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Anyone else think it's kind of odd that they're basically using the game's Japanese boxart for this one?

Not really, it's not like it looks bad.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"

Anyways, I just pre-ordered this game, and it looks amazing. Nintendo power rated it 9.5/10 and the videos and screenshots make it look so much fun!! One thing that I've really happy about is that Fawful's the main villain. That guy is just way too funny to be a villain's assistant or a bean collector.

Yeah, who doesn't love fawful? XD Unfortunately, I think they changed I have fury to I have chortles :(

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse

Well, he did say in PiT that, one day, he would return and get back at the "bad men! Red and Green men who give me FURY!"

Also, "I HAVE CHORTLES!" That's his new saying. Not sure what a chortle is, but when he says it, I just laugh!

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Chortle is just a way of saying that your laughing without actually doing so. It's also a word for describing a muffled laugh.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't get rid of "I HAVE FURY!" Now, Fawful probably just says whatever emotion he's feeling at the time. In the gameplay video, he just a sent a monster after Bowser, which would make him happy. So saying "I HAVE FURY" wouldnt' really fit.
I'm sure he'll have Fury a few times in the game.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Also, "I HAVE CHORTLES!" That's his new saying

I don't think it's his new saying, I just think that "I HAVE FURY!!" wouldn't fit in every situation. Like ShinyVaati said, if Fawful releases a monster onto Bowser, somebody he hates and wants to see suffer, it wouldn't really make sense for Fawful to say he has fury when it's really the opposite. I'm sure that "I HAVE FURY!" will continue to be mentioned countless of times, I just think that now that he's the main villain, he won't be angry as often.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Lol, lets hope for a return of "FINK-RAT!" also XD

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
I want to pick this up, but do you guys think I need to play Partners in Time first? Or will I be alright just jumping in on this one. I played SSS, but Skipped out on PiT because I heard it was pretty meh.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I want to pick this up, but do you guys think I need to play Partners in Time first? Or will I be alright just jumping in on this one. I played SSS, but Skipped out on PiT because I heard it was pretty meh.

Don't worry anything about that, the mario and luigi games never link stories. You might miss out on a cameo or 2 tough.

masterleo

Order Up!
I hope stuffwell comes back

Other than that I think the game looks good

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I hope stuffwell comes back

OH MY G-D, NO!!!!!!!!! Don't ever say anything like that again. Stuffwell was one of the worst parts of PiT. It was extremely annoying as it never stopped talking and explaining things to you that you already knew. If Stufwell returns, I might actually return this game.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Not really, it's not like it looks bad.

[IMG200]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/38/Piccolo_facepalm.JPG[/IMG200]

You clearly don't understand what I meant by that. Compare the International artworks of the previous games with their Japanese artworks.

[IMG200]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/4/4e/Superstars.PNG[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/0/0e/MLRPGBox.png[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/79/MarioLuigiPartnersTime.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/1/15/PiTJP.jpg[/IMG200]

See where I'm going with this?

pikatob

OH NOES
I have had a Japanese copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (RPG 3!!!) for a while now and I must say it is a very good game. I am gonna get the American version to see what they might've changed compared to the Japanese version.

Thriller

Its almost time
As much as I tried to love Super Star Saga, and oh how I wanted to finish it (gave up during the final Fawful battle), I just didn't do it.

In comes Partners in Time, again I tried to like it but it seemed to have nothing going for it (and this is partly due to my general dislike of the DS as a system, I like the games though), the whole "alien warfare" only seems cool and original if you haven't already played the superior Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.

When this game was announced, I honestly couldn't believe it. I thought if they were going to make a new one, they'd at least wait until the new handheld comes out but no.

So with not finishing either of the previous titles, I will most likely not buy this one.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

PiT was pretty meh, but I don't think you'll need to play PiT to play BIS. I mean, I played PiT before I played SS, and I had no confusions or troubles. The thing I like about these types is that it's not a continuing series where you have to have played the previous one to understand everything.

Another thing that looks like BIS made a huge improvement from PiT is its use of the touch screen. For all those who played PiT, you may have noticed that you only used the touch screen ONCE (while wiping the dirt of Toadbert's picture), and you never used the mic at all. According to videos and screenshots, you'll be using the touch screen in commands and minigames just as much as you'll be using buttons.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
OH MY G-D, NO!!!!!!!!! Don't ever say anything like that again. Stuffwell was one of the worst parts of PiT. It was extremely annoying as it never stopped talking and explaining things to you that you already knew. If Stufwell returns, I might actually return this game.

That's pretty much what i was gonna say! Stuffwell annoyed the piss outta me!

"Back to adventure!" "Back to adventure!" Those words will haunt my soul forever...