• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story Discussion

Rakurai

Excuse me, but what does the challenge medal do?
;munchlax;

Equipping it doubles the attack power of enemies, and increases their HP and defense by 50%. It also gives you 1.5 times the coins for winning battles.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Got another reference.

In the final battle, you must defeat Dark Fawful Bug when Bowser inhales him, taking the fight to his insides.

However, this Boss battle has a striking similarity to the final boss of Superstar Saga, were you had to fight Cackletta's spirit. The connection is that you had to fight Cackletta inside Bowser (Bowletta inhales you after feigning defeat) and you had to fight Dark Fawful when Bowser inhales him (after knocking it out of Dark Bowser). Not only that, but Fawful is seeking revenge for the death of his master.

I think i'll start doing a little enemy chart, detailing all enemy attacks and how to dodge their attacks. I know it will be a long list, but I should do it for the people who are having a hard time with certain enemies. Would you guys appreciate that?

AstralEon

The one and only.
The best reference I got to say was the Shroobs in PiT. I'm guessing there 4 total in the whole game. 1 Shroob sitting at the very bottom corner in Bowsers/Fawful Castle theater and 3 during a battle in the frozen chamber.

Also, has anyone experienced "Fury" status on Bowser before? I've gotten it a few times which comes in handy for a while. Don't really know how to trigger it. It comes out randomly. I'm guessing Fawfuls 'fury' is contagious.

Also, has anyone experienced "Fury" status on Bowser before? I've gotten it a few times which comes in handy for a while. Don't really know how to trigger it. It comes out randomly. I'm guessing Fawfuls 'fury' is contagious.

I only experienced Fury once, and that was:

During Dark Fawful's fight, after he used the attack where he spawns dark energy and you punch the Goomba Corps members at him. All his energy balls hit me, and I "obtained" the status.

While I was under this status though, I healed myself (Or maybe I used one of Bowser's Special Attacks) and then was healed of the condition, so didn't get to see what it did.

Also, I beat the game in the wee hours of last night, and I must say:

I knew everyone was hyping the Dark Star battle to be amazing, but THAT was truly something. Once I encountered and fought Midbus for the final time I had thought "Oh dang, game just took a turn for the epic!" But that was only the beginning. The Dark Star battle within the Airways was alright, I suppose, but the subsequent battles against Peach's Castle, Dark Fawful and then Dark Bowser and Dark Fawful were stupendous. In fact, I just replayed the final battle once again just now, and I still love it. I can't think of one word to sum up how I feel about that last piece of the game.

Blazios

Question. Can you replay the whole game with the challenge medal on?

You can do it from when the Cholesteroad opens, when you reobtain Bowser's Flame.

Speaking of which, I recently beat Bowser Memory ML with the Challenge Medal on, which has basically been the only reasonably hard fight so far. Then again, a boss battle will be more difficult when every attack is a 1HKO...

By the way, am I the only one who laughed at the end of the final battle when
Bowser sets his hand on fire before punching?

BOWSA PAUNCH! (Everybody's thinking it, I'm saying it)

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"

Yeah, I got it while fighting normal Fawful, and it helped me beat him by doing 1000 dmg. with Broggy XD. It doubles attack, but lowers defense.

I can't get to 150 with the green shell. THe best I can do is 139, does anyone have any tips.

Also, with the challenge medal on, do you get to play as bowser as well?

Last edited:

Rakurai

Also, with the challenge medal on, do you get to play as bowser as well?

It'll make all of the enemies Bowser fights stronger, too.

I got it during the first Midbus fight. Ended up hitting him for over 400 damage with a lucky Shy Guy Squad, which needless to say, ended the fight very quickly.

It seems to happen as a result of being hit multiple times in a row without dodging,

Last edited:

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I enjoyed the game a lot. Its been a while since I passed it. Right now I just finished getting Bowser and Mario & Luigi to their last rank. I been trying the minigames, but I'm not that good. I just got an B on the shell one and an A in those with the Magic Koopaling (forgot their names).

Anyway, how can you get the Challenge Medal?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I just beat the game last night and I love it however I felt that it was just a little easier than PIT but then that just me.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i bought the game secondhanded from a friend for €20 (hurah), i started the game and i already met my first problem, to be honest i find all the explanation hindering and timeconsuming, it's a waste of paper and i wonder why they even included a manual after all that lecture.

oh well, the game itself is fun though i prever to focus on my fallout 3 first.

Last edited:

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I've beaten the main story, so that leaves me to try and get Bowser and the Bros to level 40.

Is there a batter place for level grinding then Peach's Castle?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

Rakurai

I started my second playthrough of the game recently. The Challenge Medal makes the game a lot more fun, IMO, since it requires you to get the timing down for pretty much everything, considering that you can generally only take one or two hits before getting KO'd even if you're well-geared and appropriately leveled.

I also learned that it is possible to get rare drops using the Item Gloves. Makes getting said items from bosses a breeze, considering that they can easily take dozens of hammer hits before going down.

Last edited:

Rommath

▲_▲
Just got the game when it game out yesterday, and it's been going well so far.

Have just defeated the Wiggler, and now training Mario and Luigi some more.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I got Bowser to Last Boss Rank today.

You get the 'Intruder Fangs', which allow you to move twice. Pwnage.

I think I'll put the game down for a while. I need to catch up on egg breeding in Diamond. But before I do, i have challenges for the Final Boss for you guys. Optional though.

For your convenience, i have labeled the challenges under levels.

Level 1: Beat the Final Boss without using any Syrup items. You may only restore SP via gear. Challenge Medal is optional.
Level 2: Use each Special Attack ONLY once. Challenge Medal is optional.
Level 3: Beat the Final Boss without restoring your HP. HP may only be restored via gear. Challenge Medal is optional.
Level 4: Beat the Final Boss without using ANY items. HP and SP may only be restored via gear. Challenge Medal is optional.
Level 5: Beat the Final boss WITHOUT ANY GEAR. HP and SP items may be used.
Level 6: Beat the Final Boss WITHOUT ANY GEAR OR ITEMS. Your only means of restoring HP or SP is via Badges.
Level 7: Beat the Final Boss WITHOUT ANY GEAR BESIDES THE CHALLENGE MEDAL. Items are allowed, but it is optional to exclude them.

Levels 4 through 7 is mostly directed at those who have exceeded Level 40. I've done Level 1 myself. Anyone wanna try?