• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So... I take it that this would have to emulated on something in order for it to be tool assisted? How long would it take before someone does this to Brawl.

~C_L~
Not too long all they did was slow down the game then speed up the footage to normal speed.

How long would it take before someone does this to Brawl.

~C_L~

Millions of years. We would have to evolve enough so that our hands can keep up with our mind, as well as greatly enhancing our mind's processing speed. In other words, hack it to slow it down and then play in fast-forward on YouTube.

Cobalt_Latios

Not too long all they did was slow down the game then speed up the footage to normal speed.

Millions of years. We would have to evolve enough so that our hands can keep up with our mind, as well as greatly enhancing our mind's processing speed. In other words, hack it to slow it down and then play in fast-forward on YouTube.

That's all?! Now it doesn't even seem that impressive at all. Just some really fancy moves...

Oh well, it is fun to watch though. Still, I wonder if there will be one like this for Brawl... as in, another "Perfect Control" video fro Brawl. I'm sure there'll be one. Its only a matter of time.

Anyways, several more videos from bdcool187.

~C_L~

pokefan

i just signed up for the gamestop tournament and i have a question.

Ok, well, from reading this topic , apparently some tournaments and more serious smashers frown upon items and certain stages and so does anyone know if there will be no items at the gamestop tournament?

Rakurai

Ok, well, from reading this topic , apparently some tournaments and more serious smashers frown upon items and certain stages and so does anyone know if there will be no items at the gamestop tournament?

I'm guessing that since it isn't mentioned in the official rules, it's up to each Gamestop location to decide for themselves whether items will be used or not.

Y'know that Jigglypuff Final Smash glitch from a while back? It got better. More hilarious, more huge.

More Yoshi.

F*** Gigallypuff, this is Puffzilla.

I seriously hope they don't remove that glitch from the U.S. version. Though if they don't, that'll also mean R.O.B.'s endless laser vision glitch that makes him totally invincible will still be around (It's performed the same way as the Gigallypuff glitch), and I can just imagine how annoying it'll be if someone manages to pull that off in a WiFi match.

Last edited:

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
i just signed up for the gamestop tournament and i have a question.

The rules don't mention it, so it may vary based on location. If I know Gamestop, however, it's items on and stages are random.

The actual rules say the matches will be one minute in length for round one. Hardly enough to get to know the game's physics and have a fair fight.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
The actual rules say the matches will be one minute in length for round one. Hardly enough to get to know the game's physics and have a fair fight.

Especially so if players are forced to use the Wiimote on its side, I'd imagine. I can't for the life of me work out how the player is supposed to run. Most side-scrollers I've played that don't have a "push to run" button activate it by pressing the directional button twice in quick succession, but I see nothing of the sort on the Dojo's control diagram.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Well, at the very least we can "watch" these (or dl theme), set the music to a specifc stage off, put SFX all the way up, and just put that music on. I'm sure that'll do for those who really wanted those in Brawl.

Also, I plan on posting the ENTIRE SSBB music list shortly. Since I was able to find the missing ones, I'll post it here for anyone who wants to know what'll be in it. It'll be spoiler tagged of course. I'll probably do this sometime tomorrow though.

~C_L~

BCVM22

I can't for the life of me work out how the player is supposed to run. Most side-scrollers I've played that don't have a "push to run" button activate it by pressing the directional button twice in quick succession, but I see nothing of the sort on the Dojo's control diagram.

You double-tap the D-pad in the direction you're running. It's moot, however, since the tourney's official rules state that entrants will use the Wiimote + Nunchuck.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Especially so if players are forced to use the Wiimote on its side, I'd imagine. I can't for the life of me work out how the player is supposed to run. Most side-scrollers I've played that don't have a "push to run" button activate it by pressing the directional button twice in quick succession, but I see nothing of the sort on the Dojo's control diagram.

They didn't feel the need to mention it in the controls page because the Wii remote already had its own update.

The Baron

do i dazzle you?

Josiah

is your favorite
Too bad the Falco one didn't make it in.

Why are there four Earthbound/Mother songs that were cut? It seems like a lot.

woot21

super noob
Why are there four Earthbound/Mother songs that were cut? It seems like a lot.
If it was only the US and PAL versions it would make sense. NoA hates Earthbound, and the Mother series has never seen a PAL area. Since it is also in the Japanese version no clue, except maybe those reasons still.

woot21 out dawgs

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
All of them should've stayed in. Except for You Can Do Anything, I really dislike that song.

I agree completely.
R.O.B. is up tonight.

The screen shots on this one are made of win.
hidden07_080306b-l.jpg

Only two complaints:
1. No mention of Diffusion Beam (apart from the gray box). Looks like we'll be getting a Final Smash update for him later.
2. No mention of the fact that he's in his Famicom Robot colors, or screen shots of him in R.O.B. form.

Blazios

Move Out was going to be in? That could have easily replaced Crimean Army Sortie. And don't get me started on Beware the Forest's Mushrooms.

Rakurai

I don't really understand all the hate for R.O.B. that gets thrown around at places other then here. I think I'll use him a lot in WiFi randoms, because he seems to be even more unpopular then Game and Watch there.

Also, that ridiculous HRC record set by that pair of Ganondorfs was broken by a Ganondorf/Ice Climber team. I envision that sooner or later, someone will manage to keep that Sandbag airborne for two weeks at the rate these new records keep popping up.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.