• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I agree completely.
R.O.B. is up tonight.

The screen shots on this one are made of win.
hidden07_080306b-l.jpg

Only two complaints:
1. No mention of Diffusion Beam (apart from the gray box). Looks like we'll be getting a Final Smash update for him later.
2. No mention of the fact that he's in his Famicom Robot colors, or screen shots of him in R.O.B. form.
My first thought with that pic:

"Johnny 5 is alive!"

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
I agree completely.
R.O.B. is up tonight.

The screen shots on this one are made of win.
hidden07_080306b-l.jpg
I immediately thought of Princess Leia and R2D2 when I saw that. Awesome.

Only two complaints:
1. No mention of Diffusion Beam (apart from the gray box). Looks like we'll be getting a Final Smash update for him later.
2. No mention of the fact that he's in his Famicom Robot colors, or screen shots of him in R.O.B. form.

Very true.

Edit: I checked R.O.B's icon- Definitley the long lost #19.
Though that was pretty obvious anyway.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

My first thought with that pic:

"Johnny 5 is alive!"
He does bear an uncanny resemblance to that robot from Short Circuit. Can't wait to use him ^^. I only skimmed the page of him, apparently his standard special move gets stronger if it hasn't been used. And they called his Gyromite simply "Gyro". Why can't they make that reference? I don't see any harm in doing so.

Granted, I'm no longer at my home computer... making things that much harder to check. What a nuissance. I'll have to look later.

Hope there's an update WP with R.O.B. on it. You guys are right; he is made out of WIN! I'll show those WiFi people the truth about R.O.B.. They'll probably be so shocked...

~C_L~

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
so where and/or when is everybody getting brawl?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
And they called his Gyromite simply "Gyro". Why can't they make that reference? I don't see any harm in doing so.

Probably because it's a gyro, and Gyromite is the name of the game it was used for.

Sunday morning, at the nearest GameStop. Again, really wish I had given it more thought before reserving at a mall. I did, however, pre-order it in August. I remember contemplating whether they'd be holding a tournament, but that was when it was slated for a December release, and I didn't expect its popularity to shoot up as quickly as it did.

Last edited:

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
If FreeLoader works, sometime next week. If not, in about 10-15 years.

General warning to all those getting the Freeloader to play Brawl:

After you get Brawl and the Freeloader, refrain from updating the Wii's firmware. It should prevent Nintendo from blocking your Freeloader until you buy another game that auto-updates the system. This is assuming the Freeloader, like other Wii region-dodging tricks, is "fixed" through an update (which is entirely likely).

General warning to all those getting the Freeloader to play Brawl:

After you get Brawl and the Freeloader, refrain from updating the Wii's firmware. It should prevent Nintendo from blocking your Freeloader until you buy another game that auto-updates the system. This is assuming the Freeloader, like other Wii region-dodging tricks, is "fixed" through an update (which is entirely likely).

hang on, let me find the link...

Here it is http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41673818

page 14 I think.

I got a reply.

I sent them this email

I have recently noticed the Wii Freeloader available for sale in the shop and there has been much discussion about it on the GameFAQs Super Smash Brothers Brawl message board. Many people including myself are worried that Wii system updates might render the product useless as has happened with some versions of the Gamecube Freeloader. Can you say whether this will be a problem or not.

This was their response

Dear Customer

Further to your email if Nintendo were to release a firmware update which affected the usage of the product we would try to as previously done with our Wii compatible Gamecube products to release an updated version of the product to resolve the problem.

Regards

Daniel Leese

Technical Support

It would seem to suggest they will release new versions of it when it gets blocked. Tis may mean having to buy a new one from time to time.

Bummer about having to buy a new one, but it could be worse.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9996090&postcount=448

Dear Customer

Further to your email we can confirm that on every occasion that the product is used when the disc is inserted in the console that it allows the usage of any imported Wii game discs and disables the console from been able to update its firmware, if the disc is removed after been inserted and reinserted this will again enable the console to update its firmware but still allow the usage of the any imported Wii game discs.

Regards

I think I might get one depending on europes release date seeing as it's managed to get past the updates.

Last edited:

Blazios

I don't care how many FreeLoaders I need to buy. I always keep a load of money saved up anyway.

Sometime next week it is then.

EDIT: One of the music tracks that was cut from Brawl was called "The Chosen Ones." Does anyone know what Fire Emblem game it appeared in? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

Midnight that day, at the local Gamestop across town. The line starts at 10pm...but I'll be there with my friends from 9:30 'til midnight. 8D

I'm wondering though...do you think that more people will wait in line before the line starts? Or do you think Gamestop will kick me out for the next half-hour?

Spire

soiya
I have a bit of money stashed away, so buying FreeLoaders won't be a problem for me.

Good to see R.O.B. didn't change his colours.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
anybody have news on what blockbuster plans to do? or if theyll even get it on time?

Cobalt_Latios

Where? Northern Ontario. When? Saturday... oops, nevermind that's my departure date to visit my relatives...

However, my friend (who has confirmed that he will get my game) will go there on Sunday at Noon (when it opens, apparently) to get it. Seeing as all you really need is the receipt and cash, I don't see how this shouldn't work. I've properly instructed him and everything should go well. To make this even better, my dad apparently isn't going seeing as how he's got job interviews to go to. That little advantage allows the game to be sent to my own house after being acquired.

Now, its less of "Can't... Get... Game... " and more of a case of "Can't... Play... Game... ". Granted, case number 2 isn't as bad, seeing as you usually have the game in the first place. Access is just limited.

Also, who's next on the Brawl update? G&W? Wolf? Jigglypuff? Toon Link? No, hold on, Toon Link would be dead last... I think.

~C_L~

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
R.O.B. is awesome!!!!! Can't wait to be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.