• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
First of all, Marth is practically confirmed back.
I missed this too. Where are all you people finding this information?
However, this is the third time the gameplay has been mostly recycled. I am not anticipating this game because of this. Its melee with new characters and wifi. Wifi doesnt exactly grab me. The only reason why I think I would even purchase this game is the adventure mode. I love nintendos characters, and I like an interesting storyline. We'll see how this game goes. Honestly, so far, it seems like halo 3, fun as hell, but nothing groundbreaking. MP3, Galaxy, and even TP SEEMINGLY surpass this. I have yet to play it.
If you are going to look at this game so negatively, why get it?
First sentence of the update. Lucas' moves, you can find it in Lucas' character profile on the site.
OK, thanks.
EDIT: I don't see it.
There's only one way to put it, and that way is that he said Ness was in the Smash Bros. series until now, now being Brawl.
No. It can be taken as he is in every game so far in the series, not guaranteeing his appearence in the next game, also.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The area Smash Bros excels in. If the gameplay was not top notch, then the game would fail. The musical score is nice, the graphics are nice, and the controls are solid. However, this is the third time the gameplay has been mostly recycled. I am not anticipating this game because of this. Its melee with new characters and wifi. Wifi doesnt exactly grab me. The only reason why I think I would even purchase this game is the adventure mode. I love nintendos characters, and I like an interesting storyline. We'll see how this game goes. Honestly, so far, it seems like halo 3, fun as hell, but nothing groundbreaking. MP3, Galaxy, and even TP SEEMINGLY surpass this. I have yet to play it.
TP and MP3 is recycled game play with new toys. Although to be honest this game seems to be going back to N64 like style in a way. Since the gameplay has been slowed down for air combat and such.

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
'-_-

I'm not gonna fight with you anymore. I strongly believe Ness will return, but I can see whatever I say won't make a difference.

On another note, who else is hoping Sukapon's in Brawl? I did some research and found out that Sukapon was originally planned for Melee but (of course) someone had to write in and complain that Sukapon wasn't shown yet (before Melee's release) and Sakurai said "You know what, screw it," and deleted him. X_X

;216;;216;

Kabuto

little punks!
TP was the zeldas all put in a blender. But I liked zelda better than smash anyway.

MP3 was recycled, but it had excellent wii control, a new story, and some memorable gameplay moments.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
TP was the zeldas all put in a blender. But I liked zelda better than smash anyway.

MP3 was recycled, but it had excellent wii control, a new story, and some memorable gameplay moments.
And the difference between that and Brawl is?

Kabuto

little punks!
And the difference between that and Brawl is?

TP....I guess not too much. The ganon part at the end ticked me off, but otherwise, TP had SOME good ideas. Stallord, the Yeti mansion, etc. Why TP was a letdown was because it wasn't THAT original, like say MM and WW. But it did have some new things. The ganon part at the end ticked me off, but otherwise, TP had SOME good ideas. Stallord, the Yeti mansion, etc.

Brawl suffers the same fate as all multiplayers. Obviously not to the mario party degree, but it is certainly a gimmick now.

As I said, prime 3 was different enough to me. IMO.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
TP....I guess not too much. Still more different in terms of certain moments of the game. The ganon part at the end ticked me off, but otherwise, TP had SOME good ideas. Stallord, the Yeti mansion, etc.

Brawl suffers the same fate as all multiplayers. Obviously not to the mario party degree, but it is certainly a gimmick now.

As I said, prime 3 was different enough to me. IMO.
Well in all honesty The original was a gimmick game. The only difference is a lot of people really enjoyed it so they decided to make more. It wasn't really intended to become a series.

And how exactly is using a translated version of what Sakurai said should be taken as fact?
It was officially translated for one, and basically all of the other sites are the same except for one or two from what I know (think Spanish and German), just about all of them saying the same basic message that Ness was in Smash until now.

But thinking logically, I highly doubt that the American English site, being one of the most major audiences Nintendo is trying to focus on along with Japan, would be mistranslated at all. And even that, it's been proven that the Japanese site basically says the same thing as the English site by many people who know Japanese.

Last edited:
Don't judge a Brawl by its cover, Kabuto :p

About the Ness argument (again), I will try to end it. To the "until now" argument:
Sakurai said:
So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

Don't judge a Brawl by its cover, Kabuto :p

About the Ness argument (again), I will try to end it. To the "until now" argument:

Hold it right there PikaNoob.

"Untill now" yes yes, but, it's also a CHANGED VERSION of the handicap! It's not the same handicap, the old one is gone. "Untill Now" a version of the handicap where you made yourself weaker was in game. NOW you have the damage percentage incresse. Untill Now, there was Ness. NOW you have Lucas.

Kabuto

little punks!
PikaNoob, Thats why I am buying it. I always judge things when they come out, but for a guy who did not drool all over melee, I doubt much will change.

Maybe I will wait for PC though...

Skiks, I can see why it originated as an experiment. I guess what I am trying to say is Smash bros isnt bad by any means.....its an above average fighter.......its just overrated.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
I want to judge it for myself. Besides, its a collectors item.
Oh, OK.
I did some research and found out that Sukapon was originally planned for Melee but (of course) someone had to write in and complain that Sukapon wasn't shown yet (before Melee's release) and Sakurai said "You know what, screw it," and deleted him. X_X
That seems really unbelievable. Was it a reliable source, or was it Destructoid?
First sentence of the update.
:confused: All it says is "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."
How exactly could it be taken as such?
If you're not someone who's bent on proving Ness is out and Lucas is replacing him.
Originally Posted by Sakurai
So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
Eh, you're just wasting your time and double posting.
EDIT: Well, you were double posting.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That seems really unbelievable. Was it a reliable source, or was it Destructoid?
It came straight from Sakurai's old blogs. Sakurai said that he tried to add Skapon (not Sukapon) into Melee but couldn't for reasons he did not mention, and said not to expect Skapon to be in a future Smash game.
:confused:All it says is "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."
Which deconfirms Ness.
If you're not someone who's bent on proving Ness is out and Lucas is replacing him.
I never was, I would be perfectly fine if Ness was in Brawl, although it would be a very terrible idea if Sakurai put Ness in Brawl. But, well, Sakurai confirmed he wasn't so too bad. Maybe he'll be an alt. costume for Lucas.

mewfanforlife

The only way we'll know for sure if Ness is in Brawl is when the game comes out or when there is an update stating Vetran Fighter-Ness. I personally think he'll return in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
I never was, I would be perfectly fine if Ness was in Brawl, although it would be a very terrible idea if Sakurai put Ness in Brawl. But, well, Sakurai confirmed he wasn't so too bad. Maybe he'll be an alt. costume for Lucas.

Just like how it would be terrible to put Luigi in a Smash Bros. game, right? He'd have the same moves as Mario.

Oh, wait...

And stop being stupid. Unless he said "Ness isn't in the game", then you're purely speculating. How stupid you're going to look if/when Ness pops up soon.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I just say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Translations can be wrong no matter how professional.

EleTurtle37

The Grotto's Requiem
IMO as long as Lucas has the bat and yo-yo I don't care if Ness is in. I really liked Ness's moveset, it was very fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.