• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Regarding the topic of Luigi, anyone else think they're going to replace his B Down tornado with the Poltergust 3000, similar to how Mario had his tornado replaced by the FLUDD?

I never really used the tornado all the much, so I wouldn't mind such a change. I did enjoy using his Green Missile a lot, though. I always found it funny when it spontaneously misfired into somebody while they were trying to keep me off the stage.

I also hope his FS will involve his trademark jumping abilities. A better version of his Super Jump Punch, perhaps?

Last edited:

EleTurtle37

The Grotto's Requiem
I wouldn't mind having the poltergust, unless you couldn't walk around as you use it (if you couldn't then definetly keep the luigi cyclone).

If he does get the poltergust 3000, then for his final smash he could summon King Boo and have the king do something, well, its just a thought.

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
Regarding the topic of Luigi, anyone else they're going to replace his B Down tornado with the Poltergust 3000, similar to how Mario had his tornado replaced by the FLUDD?

I never really used the tornado all the much, so I wouldn't mind such a change. I did enjoy using his Green Missile a lot, though. I always found it funny when it spontaneously misfired into somebody while they were trying to keep me off the stage.

I also hope his FS will involve his trademark jumping abilities. A better version of his Super Jump Punch, perhaps?

I can see Luigi's Down B doing the exact opposite of Mario's. Mario's blows away, Luigi's sucks in.

;216;;216;

woot21

super noob
Brawl US said:
So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
For Handicap.
Now, I’ve also kept the auto-handicap feature.
From the same update. Until now there have been handicaps is how I read the first one, then the second one is I kept handicaps and the auto-handicap.
German version said:
Previously I respected always on that to incorporate in every Smash Bros. -title Handicaps.
Translated just quickly. Previously there have been handicaps, now there aren't, but wait there are???
French version said:
This is the reason why, so far, I always watched to include handicaps in all the games of the series.
Very crappy grammar traslation, but so far means handicaps are gone, yet, the update is called handicaps, and they are in the game. WTF?

Luke your argueements fail thanks to these examples. The Ness comments in the Lucas updates mean nothing, if anything, based on the Handicap update he seems more likely to be in than not.

I just say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Translations can be wrong no matter how professional.
Very true. The ones I used weren't professional, so they could be even more wrong.
Which deconfirms Ness.
So handicaps are gone too, and are not in in any form then?
But, well, Sakurai confirmed he wasn't so too bad.
Ambigous comments do not equal confirmation of anything, other than Sarukai likes to mess with us.
The only way we'll know for sure if Ness is in Brawl is when the game comes out or when there is an update stating Vetran Fighter-Ness.
Nice to see someone new to the thread show some intelligence.
"Untill now" yes yes, but, it's also a CHANGED VERSION of the handicap! It's not the same handicap, the old one is gone. "Untill Now" a version of the handicap where you made yourself weaker was in game. NOW you have the damage percentage incresse. Untill Now, there was Ness. NOW you have Lucas.
Until now there were handicaps is what is says, so therefore if Ness is confirmed gone so are handicaps in any form.

woot21 out dawgs

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I'm confused about Mario's moveset. Mario still has his Fireball, Tornado, and now the F.L.U.D.D. So, which one is out? His Up B(with the coin and whatever) or did they get rid of his side B(the cape/paper thing)?

woot21

super noob
Tornado is now an airel attack I believe, so none.

woot21 out dawgs

mewfanforlife

The Tornado is an Aerial I believe. It is no longer a B move.

Rakurai

Mario's tornado is his new downwards aerial attack (And certainly a better one then his old drilling attack). They got rid of his B Down.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me woot21, mewfanforlife, and Rakurai. Hmm, I'll probably use it less often now since it is aerial and not down B. I'll miss the Mario Tornado being the B down move. That's the only reason I was good with Mario.

EleTurtle37

The Grotto's Requiem
I'm confused about Mario's moveset. Mario still has his Fireball, Tornado, and now the F.L.U.D.D. So, which one is out? His Up B(with the coin and whatever) or did they get rid of his side B(the cape/paper thing)?
To the best of my knowledge he still has his normal B^(super mario punch) and B>(cape).

mewfanforlife

I was looking at the Spanish Dojo update on Handicaps and all it says is; I have ensured (literally assured myself) to include Handicaps in all the games of the series. It shows how the wording can vary with translations and thus the until is not necessarily disproving Ness at all.

Last edited:

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
Nice to see some new topics of discussion around here. Hmm, Ness in or out? I haven't heard every piece of reasoning for his inclusion and exclusion. Lets stick to the old boring routine and go with the usual topic. What are your predictions for tomorrow's update? What would you rather it be?

I think it will be either a stage or an AT/Pokeball. I hope it will be a stage or a character.

woot21

super noob
For the topic thing I still think on Fridays we should come up with a topic for the weekend, just so this place doesn't go to hell in a handbasket. I'm hoping for a veteran tomorrow.

woot21 out dawgs

EleTurtle37

The Grotto's Requiem
Nice to see some new topics of discussion around here. Hmm, Ness in or out? I haven't heard every piece of reasoning for his inclusion and exclusion. Lets stick to the old boring routine and go with the usual topic. What are your predictions for tomorrow's update? What would you rather it be?

I think it will be either a stage or an AT/Pokeball. I hope it will be a stage or a character.
I wouldn't mind a new pokemon stage, or a Bowser stage (well, if we do get a Bowser stage, could it be anything different then his castle? Bowser's Castle seems too generic for me)

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
I wouldn't mind a new pokemon stage, or a Bowser stage (well, if we do get a Bowser stage, could it be anything different then his castle? Bowser's Castle seems too generic for me)

I don't think Sakurai will give us more than one stage from a single series. In order to not spoil everything about the game. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd be happy with one stage from every series.

EleTurtle37

The Grotto's Requiem
I don't think Sakurai will give us more than one stage from a single series. In order to not spoil everything about the game. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd be happy with one stage from every series.
In Melee just about each series got 2. (Except for G&W, ICs, FE, and more I think)
So I wouldn't be surprised if the main series (Mario,Zelda,Pokemon, etc...) got 3 (possibly 4, put that might be going a bit over board)

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!

Provided they chose the right design for his castle, it could make a really great stage. You've also got to consider the possibility that we may see either the inside or the outside of the castle.

Also... I want the old Hyrule Castle to return, and there's already a Fire Emblem castle (though it IS a generic random one).... Do we need three castles? Maybe I'm a little too hopeful for the return of Hyrule Castle. Even if it was my favorite stage.

It would be neat to fight amongst those little Bowser-shaped fire-breathing statues the Koopa King uses as decorations....

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
It came straight from Sakurai's old blogs. Sakurai said that he tried to add Skapon (not Sukapon) into Melee but couldn't for reasons he did not mention, and said not to expect Skapon to be in a future Smash game.
I meant that Sakurai took Sukapon out because someone asked why he hadn't been shown yet.
Which deconfirms Ness.
No, it doesn't.
I never was, I would be perfectly fine if Ness was in Brawl, although it would be a very terrible idea if Sakurai put Ness in Brawl.
Then why do you always try to prove that Ness is out by saying Sakurai "said" he was? If you wouldn't have a problem with him being in, then just admit that there is a chance he'll still be in.
What are your predictions for tomorrow's update?
I'll get back to you on that...

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
In Melee just about each series got 2. (Except for G&W, ICs, FE, and more I think)
So I wouldn't be surprised if the main series (Mario,Zelda,Pokemon, etc...) got 3 (possibly 4, put that might be going a bit over board)

Sorry, I meant on the Dojo. I don't think all aspects of the game will be given to us before it comes out. Im sure there'll be more than one stage for each series but I don't think hell show them all to us.

Btw, my friend reminded me that if there was no delay, Brawl would be out in a mere 12 days. :/

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
I can see Luigi's Down B doing the exact opposite of Mario's. Mario's blows away, Luigi's sucks in.

;216;;216;

Kirby says "Hi"

SO, less than an hour any bold guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.