• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Stage is Deoxys on? Is it Lylat?
Eaither way. Deoxys looks flipping awsome. And hyper beam better go across the stage, and everyone wasnt just standing in the middle for it.

But hey. Everyone got what they wanted. DEOXYS IS IN BRAWL.

blindskater

It looks like Lylat.

Hyper Beam should at least make a giant explosion. If it just goes in the middle, people can dodge it.

rob1610

The Leviathan
but the problem with your logic is that, Hammer bro. is a semi common Wimpy enemy with a large fanbase, making him a fighter would be like making goomba a fighter, he is the perfect AT, But Petey on the other hand is a boss and has a bit more personallity, not to mention a wide set of attacks. Besides look at bowser, appeared as a boss, and was in all the sports and party games, hmmm... seems like he has all the same qualifications a Petey, i rest my case.

I will admit Hammer Bros. may not have been a good example, but Bowser is just as bad. Bowser is the main villain that appears in EVERY Mario game. Petey has only appeared in Sunshine, Partners in Time, few Sports games and I think it's him shown in Galaxy. Any others that I don't know about?

Hey i calls em as i sees em, im not making the game and i didnt come up with the dumb name, its just what everyones been calling her,

besides if it were me i'd rather them ditch samus's Bomb move for a transformation move like zelda (Prepares to get Flamed)

People who call Zero Suit Samus (or ZSS for short) Zamus are all n00bs.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You fail Clamps. I already said Naruto won't get in but I just like the idea of infinite Believe it's.

And yet you continually suggested him in the last thread. If you know he wont get in then why suggest it at all?and how would a retarded catch-phrase that never should have been invented in the first place be a taunt-dattebayo? ya stupid moron.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think maybe Deoxys should have be in different forms as a pokeball pokemon, and thus do different things, depending on it's form...
But hyper beam looks good :)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
you know, i just thought of something, what if they had multiple types of pokeballs? Each type of pokeball would have a different probability of haveing certain types of pokemon in them (dusk ball might have more cave-related and night-time pokemon such as graveller and hoot-hoot, while a master ball has a better chance of ledgendaries in it). it would surely help the games diversity, and would make it all the more fun. just a thought-dattebayo.

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
That's a pretty good idea!

I also had this idea about Assist Trophies. To have a certain character come out of an Assist Trophy, you must first have gotten the trophy in the lottery or in Single Player mode. Say, for Samurai Goroh to appear, you must first have gotten the Samurai Goroh trophy. (assuming the trophy stuff returns from SSBM)

I also thought up some movesets for some characters i'd like to see in the game.

Petey Piranha:

A moves: slaps with his leafs, maybe kicks
A smash up: Petey dues an upward headbutt (kinda like Pichu)
A smash down: Petey slams his head into the ground forward and back
A smash sideways: Petey headbutts the opponent (kinda like Bowser)
B: Sludge Spit: Petey spits sludge. The longer you charge this move, the stronger it gets and the further it goes
B side: Tornado Leaf: Petey does a pirouette and it sends a tornado across the stage (he had this move in Sunshine, when you fight him the second time)
B up: Fly: Petey uses his leafs to fly upwards
B down: Spike Plant: Petey plants his legs into the ground and spikes protrude from the ground at both his sides, knocking enemies away
Final Smash: Huge Inhale: Petey inhales all enemies on the stage (doesn't matter where they are), and spits them back out with enormous force
Entrance: A flower bursts out of the ground and Petey steps out of it (like in Mario Strikers Charged, his Megastrike)
Taunt: Petey claps his leafs and mumbles something

Waluigi:
A moves: punches and kicks
A smash up: Uppercut: Waluigi slams his fist upwards
A smash down: Split Kick: Waluigi goes into a split and kicks forward and back
A smash sideways: Waluigi Fist: Waluigi delivers a hard punch
B: Goo Spray: Waluigi takes out a small potted Piranha Plant that spits goo
B side: Rose Whip: Waluigi takes out his Rose Whip and strikes opponents with it (kinda like Sheik, Rose Whip comes from Mario Strikers Charged)
B up: Waluigi Pirouette: Waluigi does a pirouette which makes him fly upwards (from Mario Power Tennis)
B down: Bob-Omb Throw: Waluigi plucks a Bob-Omb out of the ground and throws it (kinda like Peach)
Final Smash: Bob-Omb Machine: The Bob-Omb-shooting machine from the Mario Power Tennis intro appears, and Waluigi shoots Bob-Ombs all over the stage
Entrance: Waluigi appears out of a warp pipe
Taunt: The cross chop thing from both Mario Strikers games

Krystal
A moves: strikes with the staff, maybe punches and kicks
A smash up: Staff Stab: Krystal stabs the staff upwards in a stabbing motion
A smash down: Staff Sweep: Krystal kneels and sweeps the staff across the floor, hitting both forward and back
A smash sideways: Staff Strike: Krystal strikes the opponents with her staff (kinda like Ness)
B: Fire Blaster: Krystal fires the Fire Blaster from her staff. The longer you charge it, the stronger it gets (kinda like Samus)
B side: Ice Blaster: Krystal fires a freezing ray from her staff
B up: Rocket Booster: Krystal uses her staff's Rocket Booster to fly upwards
B down: Ground Quake: Krystal uses the staff to create small earthquakes (kinda like DK)
Final Smash: Super Ground Quake: Krystal uses the staff to create huge earthquakes
Entrance: She comes flying in on a CloudRunner
Taunt: The shielding motion from Star Fox Adventures, when you pressed the R button

Lucario
A moves: punches and kicks
A smash up: Bone Rush: Lucario takes out a bone and wildly strikes it upward
A smash down: Iron Tail: Lucario sweeps opponents off their feet with his tail
A smash sideways: Giga Impact: Lucario smashes the opponent away much stronger than opponent's smash moves, but Lucario becomes immobilized for a short period of time after smashing
B: Drain Punch: Lucario charges his fist for a while, and when it is fully charged, he can walk around and strike a foe with it. It then also heals Lucario a bit.
B side: Aura Sphere: Lucario fires a sphere which is controllable with the control stick (like Ness)
B up: Sky Uppercut: Lucario uppercuts, and also goes upwards at the same time
B down: Me First: Lucario waits for the foe to attack, then blocks the blow and uses the foe's move, but stronger (kinda like Marth & Roy)
Final Smash: Hyper Beam: Lucario fires off a powerful Hyper Beam, during which Lucario stands at one position, but can aim the beam upwards or downwards using the control stick
Entrance: Lucario comes out of a Poke Ball
Taunt: Lucario looks into the sky

Shinin

Minimalist
not to flame but MARILL HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING IN AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER THAN NARUTO!
Believe it!

More than Naruto, but its chances are still incredibly low.

rob1610

The Leviathan
New Super Mario Bros, Bowser Jr., Mario Bros 2(US), Wart, Thousand Year Door, totally blanking on the name..., Superstar Saga, Cackletta. Those are the ones I can get off the top of my head.

I was waiting for this. I knew there'd be a few games Bowser wasn't the boss in. (Thinks of Thousand Year Door and Superstar Saga...) But he has appeared in all, if not most.

Last edited:

mrhiyuck

curious
Just because Bowser is the main villian doesn't mean others can't come in Brawl.

jellsprout

I'm away for 2 weeks, and suddenly there's a new thread? The stuff that happens when you're abroad.

Let me quickly summerize my thoughts on the stuff of the past two weeks, starting from the day I left:

Thursday 5 July: Smash attacks.
Although this update doesn't seem like much at first glance, it reveales many things about the gameplay. I answers some questions about how the Wiimote controls it. Great update IMO.

Friday 6 July: Bridge of Eldin.
Mediocre update. The stage itself looks pretty boring, being entirely flat. Bulbin appearing occasionally to attack and blast holes in the floor. Although this may seem neat, most stages seem to constantly change like that.
And it's a bit dissapointing that it isn't the castle, but at least it's a stage.

Monday 9 July: Standerd Combos
The mechanics are changed a tiny bit and Metaknight has a fast standerd combo. Lousy update.

Tuesday 10 July: Dr. Wright
The undefiable evidence that Assist Trophies are simply Pokéballs, instead for non Pokémon character. It does show the variety of the characters who appear from them and their attacks. But doesn't this remind anyone a bit of Entei's or Ho-oh's attack in SSBM?

Wednesday 11 July: Bumper.
Basically a mixture between the bumper from SSB and the spinner from SSBM. I do wonder if there is a special way to make it float in the air or that you can't choose if it floats or if it falls.

Thursday 12 July: Donkey Kong
If this surprised you, shoot yourself now.
It looks like Donkey is still the exact same as he was in SSBM. He does look furrier now. Too bad he isn't actually holding Zelda in the first screenshot, but that she floats above him.

Thursday 12 July (again): 15 second movie
So it gets released in December in America. Good for you I guess, but I live in Europe, so it doesn't really concern me.
The movie itself wasn't really spectacular. It does show the might of some things, like the Final Smashes and some items. But still not all that spectacular. At least it shows they are working on the game, not the movies.

Friday 13 July: Smashville
The stage is crap. A flat platform with a single flying platform. Okay, I get it, the sceneries change in some stages. But do you have to make such a big issue of it with every ... single ... stage. I don't care about scenery. I care about the stage. Please, make a good and original stage for once.
At least this shows Nook and KK Slider won't be in.

Monday 16 July: Space Armada
I don't care much about the music for now, so I don't have an oppinion about this.

Tuesday 17 July: Deoxys
The Pokémon itself looks nice. The attack isn't all that original, but it sure is powerful. But I think the main thing about this update is that it shatters all hopes of Deoxys being in. Oh well, more chance of Meowth being in then.

rob1610

The Leviathan
Just because Bowser is the main villian doesn't mean others can't come in Brawl.

I'm not saying anything. Just read my last two posts before that one and you'll hopefully understand why I'm annoyed with you right now.

mrhiyuck

curious
Then I'm confused, because the posts are contradicting. You say that Petey isn't enough of a character, then go to Bowser, then say the ones he is in. Kind of irrelivent.

Anyway, he'd be fun but I'd rather see Toad, Daisy, or maybe Waluigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.