• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
As cruel as Crash Bandicoot would be, isn't there series pretty much dead?

Correction.

No, but it advises them to keep their kids away from anyone that acts like Tingle. If I can find that booklet they gave me, I'll post the reasons in Nintendo Discussion later.

If Ness is gone, however, I fear for Jigglypuff.

Lol. What? o_O

Take them both out since it'll free a spot for Lucario and Blaziken (to a lesser extent wanted).

O.O . . . AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED THE MOTHER GAMES!?!?!?!!?!

No. I had never heard of it till I got Melee. And to be honest, I don't give a S*it about it. Ness sucked. Lucas will suck.

With absolutely none of the credentials or connections as a franchise to even make them worth the slightest bit of consideration for this game. It needs to stop, really.

Sorry for having an opinion.

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
I'm glad to see Lucas get in and be confirmed. I think Ness MIGHT be removed. However, I think he and Ninten can become alts for him along with alt voices.

For other MOTHER reps, I suggest Kumatora or Duster for being playable.

HERO_OF_TWILIGHT

I've always wanted to play Earthbound but I didn't have a SNES. I heard about the game long before SSB came out. Also I don't know japenese so I can't import games from Japan. I wish I can though.

I'm glad to see Lucas get in and be confirmed. I think Ness MIGHT be removed. However, I think he and Ninten can become alts for him along with alt voices.

Bonnie for Playable, seriously.

Am I the only one hoping for Lucas to have a Rolling Damage Gauge? It'd be major Awsome

Bonnie for Playable, seriously.

Am I the only one hoping for Lucas to have a Rolling Damage Gauge? It'd be major Awsome

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
I'm hoping this means Claus will be playable too. I mean, he's Lucas's frickin' badass Darth Vader like twin, complete with mask, arm canon, and lightning sword.

And it just so happens that I ordered a copy of Mother 3 just last week. =D

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Clones will get the axe, but maybe new characters are replacing old characters and they're more important making the old ones clones and therefore axing them. Make sense?

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Amazingly ironic, since just yesterday so many people were saying that they didn't think there will be any more character revelations until release. Anyways, on to the quotes!
The quoter becomes the quotey, or whatever.
OK. If you say so.
Maybe a character update to start it off?!
Maybe!
Lucas is confirmed. Duh.
No. I thought Sakurai was joking around.
Well, since he "surpasses" ness, and he was confirmed before any other Mother characters, replacement, anyone?
Only idiots.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
What's that all about?
This is a smack on the Lucas nay-sayers.
Like who? Smashboarders?
I don't want Ness taking up character slots.
Yeah, because the less characters the better!
Thankfully, shuts idiots up.
Nobody here was saying that Lucas wouldn't be in...
Quite a hilarious sight to see.
You know what will be more hilarious? When you find out that Ness is still in the game and have to face me and probably some other people reminding you of your attempts at convincing us that Ness is gone.
I think he will replace Ness, sadly because Ness is one of my favourite characters.
Think about that sentence, and tell me what's wrong with it besides the fact that you think Ness will be replaced.
Not confirmed due to idiocy.
So true.
Nothing, nothing at all.
Must I explain again? Although I do give you the fact that they are the same concept, they are different characters!
Ness will probably come back regardless of Lucas' confirmation. While a few fighters may be ditched, the original 12 are likely to be in Brawl regardless.
Thank you for being smart.
i guess he'll be the only one of the original 12 to be replaced.
Well, you guessed wrong.
I wanted one of the original 12 to go and I wanted that to be Jigglypuff.
Me too.
Sorry I overreacted there.
Really? I couldn't tell.
Really, I'd wait for a Special Moves update (which I assume would come soon) before jumping ship on this. It's just...I can't fathom any reason why they'd remove the only main Mother character non-Japanese gamers are familiar with. Don't give me that "He was going to be removed in Melee anyways!" crap, either.
Thank you for also being smart.
I dont think Sakurai would compare one of his characters to another and say one is better so this one sentence pretty much confirms that there will be no ness, in my mind.
Key words: "in my mind".
I hope we get a veteran character this week too
I can see it now: Oct. 5 Fri. 2007 Ness
Can somebody please reassure me Ness will be back!?
Ness will be back.
...Especially since I sorta bet Deoxys911 Lucas or Ness would be confirmed this week. o_e
I thought you just said Ness, but I take your word.
I thought Sakurai will never put Japan-only characters in the game only in Melee.
First you think that anime and movie characters can be in, and now this? You have got to stop thinking. Wait, then you'd say even dumber things... Oh well, they couldn't be much dumber.
I was wrong, AGAIN!
I stand corrected.
How could anyone want Jigglypuff out? She rules. Rest murders all..
Because other than her über-cheap Rest, she isn't very good.
but yeah, this cuts his oportunities
Not really.
the other things are pretty femalish.
That's why we refer to Super Smash Bros.' Jigglypuff as a female.
Hmm so this mean's the so loved Staffy is almost sure to appear? Or maybe Sukapon?
Not really. Lucas has no effect on Stafy or Sukapon.
If anything, it hurts their chances.
No, actually it doesn't.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Again with the pointless laughing?
Are you serious?
Yes he is serious, and he has a good point.
Is that a joke? ...Is it really?
No.
Super Smash Bros.: Lucas was going to take his spot but he was put in because Earthbound 64 wasn't finished yet at the time.
Lie.
with a cryptic message hinting that Ness is out.
It's not hinting that Ness is out, it's just a comment that mentions Ness.
Got proof for the first two statements, pal?
As I said, the first one is a lie and the second is common knowledge.
Ness will not return for sure.
Idiot.
And Groundwalker knows what he is saying
I take that back. MORON.
Nintendo is a Japanese company, they aren't going to care much what America wants, period.
Another lie.
Take that non-believers!
Again, who here was a non-believer? I can't remember anyone actually saying that Lucas won't be in Brawl.
They are both practically the same people.
Please stop acting like Luke Groundwalker.
Luke Groundwalker wins this topic.
He wishes.
It needs to stop, really.
True, just like this post. Will it ever end? Scroll down and find out!
As cool as Crash Bandicoot would be, isn't there series pretty much dead?
Not as much dead as no longer popular enough to be a top-ranked title. And Crash Bandicoot is only slightly cool, not Brawl-worthy cool.
If Ness is gone, however, I fear for Jigglypuff.
If the only way Jigglypuff is out is if we sacrifice Ness, goodbye Ness.
there are pretty much no pokemon with the fanbase or the abilities for that matter to axe jiggs
So very wrong...
Sorry for having an opinion.
You should be, although you do have originality unlike some people around here. (Thinks of "Honchkrow for Brawl!".)
I think Ness MIGHT be removed.
He won't be.
However, I think he and Ninten can become alts for him along with alt voices.
Actually, I think Ninten should be playable too. That way we could have all three Mother stars. It would probably be challenging to not make Ninten a clone though.
Sorry, I can't get over it.
Please do so soon.
Am I the only one hoping for Lucas to have a Rolling Damage Gauge?
Yes.
It'd be major Awsome
No it wouldn't.
And having some of his attacks coordinated to a piece of music in the background.
You... You're... BACK?! HALLELUJAH! Now I don't have to correct as many people! Although, I probably still will.
Make sense?
Not really. Try speaking in a way that isn't somewhat confusing.

Last edited:

Xenon

PERSONA
A little bitter are we, Deoxys911? If Ness does come back, woohoo, another clone. If not, oh well, we've got Lucas and, believe it or not, you are going to have to deal with it.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
A little bitter are we, Deoxys911?
No.
If Ness does come back, woohoo, another clone.
Actually, that would be Lucas, seeing as Ness was first. But they may surprise us and make Lucas a non-clone.
If not, oh well, we've got Lucas and, believe it or not, you are going to have to deal with it.
OK. I don't even like Ness, so you won't see me caring, even though he will be in the game.
You're just in denial, honestly.
Touché. The same applies for you, honestly.
Try harder next time.
Try harder on what?

HERO_OF_TWILIGHT

A little bitter are we, Deoxys911? If Ness does come back, woohoo, another clone. If not, oh well, we've got Lucas and, believe it or not, you are going to have to deal with it.

Another clone? Ness is the original character in SSB. If anything Lucas would be a clone because he come after Ness. (I'm not badmouthing Lucas)

Status
Not open for further replies.