• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinunTheFighter34

I drink soysauce.
Wow, this was a neat update today, eh?

Blazios

Saki who?

He looks like a good AT. With a sword that's a cannon and all. Is he a main character in Sin & Punishment?

Rakurai

It's nice to get a decent picture of this AT. People were mentioning Saki on Smashboards, but he wasn't in any of the videos.

xP I saw your post before you deleted it, BCVM. Always gotta be first to link the new update? ;) I don't really care, so it's fine by me.

So all this guy does is slice through the stage...like Lyn...and Goroh...and Gray Fox...anyone else getting bored of sword-weilding Assist Trophies?

Oh and look at this, too, no references to Thanksgiving. It's only a matter of time until some random person notes a cloud shaped like a turkey or a tuft of Saki's hair in the shape of a pilgrim...

BCVM22

xP I saw your post before you deleted it, BCVM. Always gotta be first to link the new update? ;) I don't really care, so it's fine by me.

Deleted post? Me? Never.

So all this guy does is slice through the stage...like Lyn...and Goroh...and Gray Fox...

assist12_071122f.jpg

Ker-boom.

Oh and look at this, too, no references to Thanksgiving. It's only a matter of time until some random person notes a cloud shaped like a turkey or a tuft of Saki's hair in the shape of a pilgrim...

Christmas is the singular annual holiday where I'd bite on the whole "special updates on holidays!" thing, so we'll see in a month.

Anzua2

1. I thought Saki was a girl.

2. Even Sakurai admits he/she should have been playable.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Smash Bros. DOJO!! - Saki Amamiya said:
After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

First Sonic's included, now this? Sakurai is clearly a Sega fan. He's subliminally advertising a dead console!

Also, despite the overly short shorts, Saki seems to be an amazing assist trophy. Hopefully the flow of interesting updates will continue, even if we don't get as many huge ones as there have been in some weeks. So long as the updates stay above the annoyance level of last week, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
First Sonic's included, now this? Sakurai is clearly a Sega fan. He's subliminally advertising a dead console!

So? Who *Gamecube* doesn't subliminally *Gameboy colour* advertise consoles?

I'm glad to see another AT like knuckle joe or Big Mac. Saki appears to use strategy instead of the old Aim-Slash thingy.

Friday's update:
Ness: Another update that stops an argument. If only sakurai was kind enough.
Captain Falcon: Along with a music clip of FAAAALCOOOONE PAUNCH!
Music: The old mario tune! Doo-doo doo doo-doo dooo dooooooooo

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I seriously can't wait for that update.
bigmac.jpg

Captain Falcon: Along with a music clip of FAAAALCOOOONE PAUNCH!
various people throughout the Internet - most recently MuffDiver99019 and the more-respected Youko of Smash World Forums said:
HE WANTS TO BE THE VERY BEST!

LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!

TO PUNCH THEM IS HIS REAL TEST!

TO KNEE THEM IS HIS CAUSE!

HE WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND, KICKING FAR AND WIDE!

THE F-ZERO RACERS! TO UNDERSTAND! THE POWER THAT'S INSIDE......

FALCON PUNCH!

GOTTA PUNCH 'EM! IT'S UBER LEET!

TO PAUNCH IS HIS DESTIN-KNEEEEE!

FALCON PUNCH! OH, NO ONE'S HIS FRIEND, IN A WORLD HE MUST UPEND!

FALCON PAUNCH! GOTTA PUNCH 'EM ALL!

SHOW ME YOUR MOOOOOOVES!!!

HIS KNEE WILL KILL YOU TOO!

HE KNEE'D ME THEN HE KNEE'D YOU, FALCOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUNCH!!!

GOTTA SMASH EM AAAAAAAALL!

GOTTA SMASH EM AAAAAAAALL!

FALCON PUNCH!
(If you don't already know, Falcon's forward aerial attack--also known as "the knee"--is an overpowered and very good move. It's fairly famous, hence its repeated reference in the song.)
Music: The old mario tune! Doo-doo doo doo-doo dooo dooooooooo

Can't argue with that... I love that song! But I do object to your lack of capitalization and inability to portray the song accurately through onomatopoeias.

Last edited:

leaf7634

Ok update, for one of those meh ones. Nice to finnaly get a good shot of Dark Link though. Yes it is a shame that the Fusion suit is just a color change.
But that is what Dark Link is.
Zomg Pichu is in Brawl!!!!111!!one!! (not making of you, just felt like doing that)
Most likely AT or SE enemy.
Guessing this was directed to the word ignoramus, if so you just proved that you are one.
Like Bush getting a third term, or Cheney becoming President.
You've never played it, yet you say it is one of the best games for the Wii, yet you say the F-Zero games are bad and haven't played the,, and thus Falcon should be gone. Wow, great logic there. Also, it's wouldn't, and this thread doesn't possess itself.

woot21 out dawgs

sorry for double posting but i dont no how to put 2 quotes on the same post i dont have the wii but i know alot about it also i never said falcon should be gone his voice is only annoying because he says it every time he uses his falcon punch oh and BCVM22 and some others in the lucario last charecter post i was refering to new comer sorry for the spelling yay rank up

Last edited:

BCVM22

sorry for double posting but i dont no how to put 2 quotes on the same post i dont have the wii but i know alot about it also i never said falcon should be gone his voice is only annoying because he says it every time he uses his falcon punch oh and BCVM22 and some others in the lucario last charecter post i was refering to new comer sorry for the spelling yay rank up

I see letters... they form words... but I can't make out anything beyond that. Does anyone here speak "Unintelligible"?

BCVM22

what are you trying to say

No, my good sir, the question is what are you trying to say? Between the run-on sentences devoid of any syntax and the complete and total lack of any punctuation, I can't understand a word you type.

Last edited:

Hype_chao

Eevee FTW!
"1. I thought Saki was a girl."
You too... The game doesn't exactly give you many hints if you ignore the cutscenes, plus he has long hair and his n64 model looks like he is wearing a skirt. His huge hips don't help either.

Great game though, storyline confused the life out of me, any game with a tidal wave of blood and psycho bunny aliens deserves props.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I wouldn't mind having the poltergust, unless you couldn't walk around as you use it (if you couldn't then definetly keep the luigi cyclone).

If he does get the poltergust 3000, then for his final smash he could summon King Boo and have the king do something, well, its just a thought.

Idea Stealer! No, just kidding. :) But I did post that a few days before. For Luigi's Final Smash I said he would summon a ginat King Boo from his Poltergust. That's O.K. though. :)

Saki looks like a pretty cool AT. But seriously, we need something exciting. It's been like, 17 days since something very exciting has happened. Just in case you don't remember, I'm referring to the "Fox's Misfortune" clip. Ya know, the Arwing crashes and Rayquaza appears? Well yeah, that was 17 days ago!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Kamek isn't a Yoshi character. He's throughout the series, not just in the Yoshi games.

Well that might be true but really, Yoshi is just a Mario character. He's not like Wario who has his own standalone legitimate series. The Yoshi games all involve Mario characters and only one of the platformers does not involve Baby Mario. Kamek is a Magikoopa but he is a particular one. Magikoopas appeared in SMW but Kamek has only properly been in the "Yoshi" games, no? Not unless we include MK64 before he was replaced.

Please don't bring up Mario Party orbs or anything. That's just a Magikoopa, not Kamek. They get it wrong with other things because we have a Toady and they call it a Magikoopa so...

Status
Not open for further replies.