• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NEW PEOPLE HERE?!

I can already tell at least one of them is MasterSprite3.5 or whatever.

Anyways, roster discussion-I think there will be 43. Don't ask.

Sakurai

NO NONSENSE, FOOL!
What we could do instead is play the "Point Out Common Grammatical Errors Made By Erroneously Hasty Brawlers" Game, or P.O.C.G.E.M.B.E.H.B. for short.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Yes, like this:
modea06_070919h.jpg

Hmm. Never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out. Does anyone else find it odd that Mario Kat DS used the NES R.O.B., while SSB is using the Famicom Robot's colors? (Yay acronyms!)

As for the roster, I'm hoping for at least 42--without transformations. Any more would be appreciated, of course.

Last edited:

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
"Playable Characters from Previous Installments"

I would love an update like that, lmao. Doubt it will happen.

Sakurai

NO NONSENSE, FOOL!
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NEW PEOPLE HERE?!

I can already tell at least one of them is MasterSprite3.5 or whatever.
I would guess the Dr.Insinuac character. First post of his lifetime, and its ranting gays.

Does anyone eles find it odd that Mario Kat DS used the NES R.O.B., while SSB is using the Famicom Robot's colors?
Nope. Just you.

Bulk

Well, let's bring something new in. (I say "new" very loosely)

Cloud Strife for Brawl.

May seem out there but if Square-Enix wants in it makes sense. Plus, he appeared breifly in Chain of Memories so he fits the criteria to get in. He'd be bloody fun to play as. You could have Cloud vs Sonic vs Mario vs Snake, how legendary is that? Plus throw in Chocobo, Moogles and Bahamut ATs; items like Mega Elixir (for Team Battles) or the Blood Sword; or how about a Stage? All Final Fantasy's have Airships so throw one of them in, flying through skies, seas, over land, through volacnoes, icey plains or even space.

Letting Cloud in opens up loads of doors for Final Fantascy related stuff, which could all be a hell of alot of fun.

Thoughts?

Hmm. Never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out. Does anyone else find it odd that Mario Kat DS used the NES R.O.B., while SSB is using the Famicom Robot's colors?

As for the roster, I'm hoping for at least 42--without transformations. Any more would be appreciated, of course.

Japanese version had Famicon R.O.B. In fact, if you beat the time on the desert level, you can race a Famicon R.O.B.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Favorite leak ever has been found. The Japanese Wiki Leak.

? 1. ??? 2 ? Mario 2. ??? 3 ? Link 3. ??? 4 ? Pit 4. ???*?? 5 ? We Sam 5. ???? 6 ? Kirby 6. ????? 7 ? Pikachu 7. ???? 8 ? War leaves 8. ????? 9 ? Fox 9. ???????? 10 ? The Zelda 10. ??? 11 ? Ike 11. ????? 12 ? Koo Po 12. ????????? 13 ? POKEMONTORENA 13. ???????? 14 ? DIDIKONGU 14. ??? 15 ? Bowser 15. ????*???? 16 ? Donkey Kong 16. ????? 17 ? She You 17. ????? 18 ? Meta Knight 18. ??? 19 ? Solid Snake 19. ???? 20 ? Lucas 20. ??? 21 ? Peach 21. ???*???? 22 ? Toadstool princess 22. ???? 23 ? Sonic 23. ????? 24 ? 24 ice climbers. ???????????*?? 25 ? DIDIDIKINGU 25. ????????????? 26 ? Pikmin 26 Olle captain and Mars. ??? 27 ? Lee 27 ride. ???? 28 ? FARUKO 28. ??*????????? 29 ? KYAPUTENFARUKON 29. ???? 30 ? Purin 30. ????? 31 ? My two 31. ??? 32 ? Geno 32. ????????*???? 33 ? Mr. watch games or 33. ????? 34 ? Crystal 34. ??? 35 ? Black Shadow 35. ????????-????????? 36 ? Young Link (wind - UOKARINKU) 36. ???? 37 ? 37 cruel king. ???????????? 38 ? Isaac (Golden Sun) 38. ??01 ??????*??*?? 39 ? Ray 01 (KASUTAMUROBO) 39. ?????*????????? 40 ? Villagers animal crossing (crossing animal) 40. ??? 41 ? Marth 41. ?? 42 ? Ness 42. ??? 43 ? Luigi 43. ??*?????? 44 ? Canon silly 44. ????*???????? 45 ? Ah AI Mick 45. ?????? 46 ? Baby Bowser 46. ?????????????????????????????????????????*?????????*????*???? 47 ? Light fighters (from Final Fantasy, he can convert between a warrior, Monk, Black Mage, Red Mage, White Mage) 47. ??*??????????[???]???????????*?? 48 ? Rob (red-and-white version of the Japanese version] is not an enemy like Rob) 48. ??? Lip

Simply because the google translation is hillarious.

Hmm, hilarious "translation" aside, could you post a link? I'm interested in reading this and as the forums only show question marks, I cannot. I am curious however in Baby Bowser being written. Sure, the baby could have been a mistake in place of junior but would it not be Koopa instead of Bowser???

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Japanese version had Famicon R.O.B. In fact, if you beat the time on the desert level, you can race a Famicon R.O.B.

Oh, really? I looked for pictures, but couldn't find any. Probably because I'm searching in English. Since all of our videos (and the majority of our screen shots) are in Japanese, I'm sort of expecting a similar color change in Brawl, now that I know this fact.

*picks up Mario Kart DS and starts Time Trials*

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The Wiki Roster is on the Japanese Wiki Page for Brawl.

Oh. Right. Sorry. See what I mean?! That's even worse! I've heard nothing but bad stuff about One Piece.

Whoa Ledian X, you better run. You said One Piece was worse then Naruto.

That's like...that's like having a KKK parade today.

Bulk

no. 10 chars.
Dude, seriously, what is your problem? Evey single one of your posts contains no more than one line. You don't have to dismiss every idea and if you do give some decent reasonning behind it. Otherwise it's just Spam.

And the 35 characters thing is bull crap.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Burninator, do you live in Japan?
If I did, I would probably be significantly more knowledgeable on the subject of Japanese video game culture.
Who is Icon 18 or 19 or whatever, and actually, who are these "icons"?

Icon 1:
world_w_01.gif

Icon 2:
world_w_02.gif

Icon 3:
world_w_03.gif

Icon 4:
world_w_04.gif

Icon 5:
world_w_05.gif

Icon 6:
world_w_06.gif

Icon 7:
world_w_07.gif

Icon 8:
world_w_08.gif

Icon 9:
world_w_09.gif

Icon 10:
world_w_10.gif

Icon 11:
world_w_11.gif

Icon 12:
world_w_12.gif

Icon 13: Probably Mr. Game & Watch
Icon 14:
world_w_14.gif

Icon 15:
world_w_15.gif

Icon 16:
world_w_16.gif

Icon 17:
world_w_17.gif

Icon 18:
world_w_18.gif

Icon 19: ???
Icon 20:
world_w_20.gif

Icon 21:
world_w_21.gif

Icon 22:
world_w_22.gif

Icons 1-11 are series represented in Super Smash Bros. Icons 12-14 are those introduced in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Icons 15-22(+?) are those added in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
well, that's mainly because I have nothing else to say about Cloud.

we have enough sword users. he's not really requested much. there's nothing pointing to him that says Sakurai's interested in him. what more can I say?

as for the Japanese wiki thing: come on, people, it's fake. since when was Animal Crossing not called Animal Forest in Japan? all horribly translated.

mewfanforlife

I doubt we'll only get 35 characters and I would be quite disappointed if that's all there were.

Mewtwo may not be on the sticker because there will be special stickers for the characters who are villians or casted as villians in Brawl. For example, maybe the Bowser emblem sticker works on Bowser, Mewtwo, Claus, and Ganondorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.