• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I called it! I totally called it! I totally called it!

We're happy that you were able to predict that a rare Pokémon appearing in another game would do so using its signature move. You want a medal or a cookie?

i didnt understand that interview thing

What could possibly be so hard to understand about it? It's the president of Nintendo (Iwata) interviewing the overseer (Sakurai) of one of his company's top titles for 2008.

i dont think sakurai care about the graphics to pokeball pokemon :( Another reason why i believe sakurai is not a pokemon fan

That's utterly terrible reasoning. As much control as Sakurai has over this project, I have something of a hunch that he would not conciously say "it's ok to skimp on the Pokéball Pokémon models because I'm not a fan of the franchise."

no i didnt really mean that :p but i just have a small feeling because pikachu jigglypuff and mewtwo were in and they are this major pokés on the planet... i just always had the feeling that luca wouldnt be in because he doesnt really now him,but because he is in i guess i was wrong :)

Lucario really deserve the spot, being the best rescue team leader in the world, being the only pokemon got by egg, and cant be get any other way (unless trading, but then he came from that egg sometime) (Tyrogue and happiny isnt the same way, you can trade hitmanchan and lees from red and blue all the time in g/s & Chansey is found wild)
And hes the strongest pokemon owned by the pokemon master :p
He really deserve this, i just dont hope he will become a clone of someone :\

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

Lucario ill most likely be a clone of Mewtwo, Shadowball>Aura Sphere, Teleport>ExtremeSpeed,Confusion>Psychic, theough only one I cna't explain would be DIsable.

Lucario didn't necessarily DESERVE the spot, he just was likely because he loked cool and was easy to imagine as a fighter.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Wolf would make a better character than Krystal, imo.

Man, I don't even know much about Geno, but his fans have made me dislike him, lol. I just feel there are better characters thna him, like, say, WW Link, RIdley, etc.

FOr some reason my computer's been slow when it comes to updates.

If you let fans of a character make you dislike that character, then wow, you're going to miss out on a lot of great characters to like, since a lot of the great characters have a fucked up fanbase.

That's like me saying "I don't know anything about Fullmetal Alchemist, but the fangirls annoy me with their constant pairing of two brothers, which is gross cause it's incest."

FMA is awesome, by the way.

Also, a second Link? Wow...

Wow...

z7xfla

Nice, Manaphy is a new pokéball pokémon. And it makes you switch characters with your opponent! Doesn't say what happens with four players though...

BCVM22

Lucario ill most likely be a clone of Mewtwo, Shadowball>Aura Sphere, Teleport>ExtremeSpeed,Confusion>Psychic, theough only one I cna't explain would be DIsable.

If by "most likely" you mean "not likely," then sure. There is absolutely nothing to logically suggest that Lucario will be a clone of or even have a similar moveset to Mewtwo. E-freaking-nough already.

Bulk

I reckon WWLink will just be called "Young Link" and just replace him with a new moveset from Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords and 4 Swords Adventures. Just makes more sense.

And I'm loving this 2Chan guy. Brawl Central's server is going to crash any minute though.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Its possible, its how we got Young Link in Melee.

We also got Dr. Mario, who is an alternate Mario who also got cut.

And Pichu, who is baby Pikachu. Also cut.

Please don't say it's possible because of Melee, which was full of clones. Having an alternate version of a character is ridiculous and wastes a perfectly good roster slot for a more deserving character.

Please don't say it's possible because of Melee, which was full of clones. Having an alternate version of a character is ridiculous and wastes a perfectly good roster slot for a more deserving character.

actually pichu didnt got cut, pikachu did! believe it or not, the new pika plays like pichu did, just dont hurt himself. therefore, pichu evolved and took pikas spot!

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

We know Young Link has been cut. WW Link does NOT need to be a clone of normal Link, he could easily have a move set-up more focused on other items such as the Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, That super SPin Attack thingie...

There isn't any more character more deserving, besides WW Link could represent the 2d and Celda Zelda just as good as, say, Geno can represent whatever he'd be representing. He's also more recognisable then most other liable charatcers.

Property of Kirby

now belongs to...

Like Geno?

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

Oh dear. If you add in all the secret characters, this line-up is idnetical to the line-up of the 35 character mock-up roster.

I really hope it isn't so. ROB as a playable character and no Ridley would suck hard. Let's just hope the leaker saw the starting roster and added on as they saw fit.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
We know Young Link has been cut. WW Link does NOT need to be a clone of normal Link, he could easily have a move set-up more focused on other items such as the Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, That super SPin Attack thingie...

There isn't any more character more deserving, besides WW Link could represent the 2d and Celda Zelda just as good as, say, Geno can represent whatever he'd be representing. He's also more recognisable then most other liable charatcers.

Sorry but no, even with a different move set he is an alternate of an already existing character.

Sorry, but if we do have a limit on the number of characters (we obviously do), then yes, there are more deserving characters.

I like WW Link, but not enough for him to warrant his own spot on the roster when one Link is good enough. It'd be like adding Dr. Mario with a new move set. One Mario is good enough.

Like Geno?

Or Ridley. Or Krystal. Sorry, but I believe a new character who is unique (not only in looks but a move set too) is better off than an alternate of an existing character with new moves.

Feel free to disagree, but that's how I feel.

And I don't even like Krystal.

BCVM22

I like WW Link, but not enough for him to warrant his own spot on the roster when one Link is good enough. It'd be like adding Dr. Mario with a new move set. One Mario is good enough.

However, one could very easily make the valid argument that "Young Link" (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link) is more than distinct enough from Link as he's presented in Brawl (Twilight Princess) to warrant a roster spot. At the very least, "Young Link" and Link are significantly more different than Mario and Dr. Mario were.

In other news, for those of you who intend to stay up later than I do, the thread to watch for minute-by-minute updates is here; it's the Brawl Central Forums thread where some individual is translating the "information" as it comes from 2chan. Keep the grains of salt handy, but already he's posted very rough translations of information regarding Luigi and Lucario, as well as some new Subspace information, such as the inclusion of Spiritomb (Mikaruge) and some character translated as KINGUTERESA (King something?) as bosses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.