• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

It's amazing how much some people at places like Smashboards are whining over the fact that Marth got a very slight nerf to his forward aerial attack (It has a bit more lag then it does in the Japanese version, but can still be used for easy combos). I guess they just hate to see their former top tier character getting slightly more balanced out.

On an unrelated note, I think I might play as Ness just as much as I play as Lucas, since he seems a lot better then he was in Melee. Lucas can't get awesome PK Thunder KOs like the one at the end of this match, either (He can do something similar with the actual projectile, but it doesn't look nearly as funny).

Last edited:

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
It's amazing how much some people at places like Smashboards are whining over the fact that Marth got a very slight nerf to his forward aerial attack (It has a bit more lag then it does in the Japanese version, but can still be used for easy combos). I guess they just hate to see their former top tier character getting slightly more balanced out.

On an unrelated note, I think I might play as Ness just as much as I play as Lucas, since he seems a lot better then he was in Melee. Lucas can't get awesome PK Thunder KOs like the one at the end of this match, either (He can do something similar with the actual projectile, but it doesn't look nearly as funny).

But Ness owned in Melee! D;
Seriously, MoFo's Ness is AMAZING.
Also, ROB owns. Nuff said. :)
...Ness owns harder though. Anybody see Ness' new PK Flash? It's awesome! :)

;216;;216;

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
screw you and your midnights. i want my brawl!

I'm not going Ghost, so no screwing me.

Also, is Lucas more speed orientated than Ness?

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
Also, is Lucas more speed orientated than Ness?

Simple answer: Yes.
Ness is more aerial oriented though. Lucas' Specials also pose slightly better for him, but Ness's Smash Attacks are far superior.
In short, I'm still maining Ness.
...I always manage to make PK Flash work somehow.
:)

;216;;216;

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
3 more days everyone in America! Let me here you say Hey! Ho!

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
2 days, about 4 hours.

Rakurai

Ness's Smash Attacks are far superior.

Not really. His yo-yo still can't KO that well, and I mostly see it being used to set people up for aerials. His bat does hurt more then Lucas' stick, but only if you connect with the tip, and it's a bit slower.

Cobalt_Latios

If you guys think you have problems waiting... well I beat you all! I'll be waiting an additional 3 days after the game comes out. Oh well, at the very least I can rest assured that I've got people who are going out of their way to acquire the game for me. It does mean I'll have to repay my dad (not really an issue there, I'll probably have to shell out $50, but because of how much I'm getting, its not an issue), but the fact that I'm getting it is what's keeping me going.

I gotta say, the R.O.B. update makes me want to play him more. It's a good thing I've decided to main him. He might take some getting used to, but for the fact that he's simply unique, it overweighs everything. Not only that, but my wallpaper has been recently updated to include him. Yippie!

Also, is anyone else noticing that very few players happen to have a grab on how to use Lucario effectively? Or, is it just the videos I'm watching...

Searching is next to useless mind you, the same damn things keep popping up. Doesn't help that one user puts the same tag for EVERY ONE OF HIS VIDEOS (yeah, it's bdcool187)!

Still, I do consider the one guy who effectively used counter to be a good one.

~C_L~

Emblematic

Lurking...
I never liked Ness's yo-yo... well, I think I'll get Brawl at EBgames early morning...unless my Rogers Video gets it release day... cause it's closer... I should ask them...

I'm using to many "..." crap... wtf!

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Can't wait for brawl

only about 2 days left.

Anyways, I agree with a few posts above, people are too picky, fox and marth got nerfed a bit, but hey do with what you can with what you got, but hey I'm sad they are bad too but live with what you got, right?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i'm going to try and pre-order from blockbuster and get it in the morning.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
i'm going to try and pre-order from blockbuster and get it in the morning.

A few things:

1] It's WAY to late to pre-order
2] Does blockbuster sell games?
3] Blockbuster is lame. =[

Anyways only 2 days left. Im happy. I don't like ROB to much, and I wont use him at all. *Sigh* There's too many dissapointments in this game. =[

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
we'll see if it's too late.

yes, blockbuster sells games. you must live under a rock.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

A few things:

1] It's WAY to late to pre-order -not really
2] Does blockbuster sell games? -yes
3] Blockbuster is lame. =[ -opinion

*Sigh* There's too many dissapointments in this game. =[

Suck it up, really. If you just want to complain then don't buy it.

I'm really excited for this. I started making a video for YouTube using Paint and WMM. It's a re-creation of the opening using my webcomic style. I'll post it once I'm finished.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious

Suck it up, really. If you just want to complain then don't buy it.

I'm really excited for this. I started making a video for YouTube using Paint and WMM. It's a re-creation of the opening using my webcomic style. I'll post it once I'm finished.

Im not saying that they ruin the game, im just saying it's a feature i'll never use. Like R.O.B. and 75m are two things I will never look at twice. Im aloud to discuss that, right? I think so.

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
Not really. His yo-yo still can't KO that well, and I mostly see it being used to set people up for aerials. His bat does hurt more then Lucas' stick, but only if you connect with the tip, and it's a bit slower.

Coming from a Ness mainer, yes really. His yo-yo isn't intended to KO, more as a combo starter/attack. Ness' bat is his primary KO move, excluding Specials, in which case all of them could turn the tables.

;216;;216;

Status
Not open for further replies.