• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veedramon

I think that giving them the Paldean starters as their main partners makes it pretty likely that they will be replaced once Gen 10 comes around, and from now on every single saga will have a new set of main characters.
Technically we don't know who Roy's main partner is. Fuecoco and Quaxly could just be later captures

Guy100

I think that giving them the Paldean starters as their main partners makes it pretty likely that they will be replaced once Gen 10 comes around, and from now on every single saga will have a new set of main characters.
I expect Riko to get the axe, seeing how she is from Paldea, but since Roy is from Kanto, like Ash, I believe him getting both starters that aren't native to his region makes me suspect he may already have his own unrevealed Kantonian starter.

Also, if the pokemon company does decide to replace its protagonist moving forward with new gen games, then it may end up hurting their viewership support of generation audience who wont feel invested in watching the anime if they dont find some common ground on the protagonist they are familiar with. However, then again, this format has not impact other children series, like Yugioh, Zoids, or Beyblade so who knows.

DuskAstral

,but since Roy is from Kanto, like Ash, I believe him getting both starters that aren't native to his region makes me suspect he may already have his own unrevealed Kantonian starter
Roy may not have a Kanto starter at all.
It was the same with Gou. Like Roy, he is from Kanto, yet his first Pokémon was Scorbunny (a Galar Pokémon).

vondecayle

This is a good thing. Should’ve happened sooner.

Red and Blue

Since they did Roy and Liko's introductions, what do you guys think we will get next week? I'm hoping for the actual location of the home base and some additional characters.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Since they did Roy and Liko's introductions, what do you guys think we will get next week? I'm hoping for the actual location of the home base and some additional characters.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm expecting them to reveal some of the new supporting cast as well as information about what the home base will be this time around. It's a mystery if it will be in Paldea or Kanto.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
IT'S LARRY TIME

ShuckFam

I wonder if Liko and her cat will be cheerleaders for Roy when he does the gym challenge. Kind of like Dawn and Piplup.

Also, I think Roy shouldn't be limited to just 8 badges from Paldea if he's badge hunting. I wouldn't be averse to seeing him collect the Galar badges as well so he can enter both leagues!!!!!!!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I wonder if Liko and her cat will be cheerleaders for Roy when he does the gym challenge. Kind of like Dawn and Piplup.

Also, I think Roy shouldn't be limited to just 8 badges from Paldea if he's badge hunting. I wouldn't be averse to seeing him collect the Galar badges as well so he can enter both leagues!!!!!!!
I don't think that we'll be seeing any Gym battles. If there is a battling goal I just expect the PWC to come back instead.

Rune Knight

I have a fun fan theory that I don't believe to be the case at all but felt like sharing anyway because screw it.

What if the entirety of the Pokémon anime takes place in 1997, the year that it initially started airing, and this new series takes place in 2023? That would have Ash and most of his friends be around 36 year old now, and the idea of Liko or Roy being one their kids could make more sense.

Personally I'd like it if Roy ends up being related to Brock or Goh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I have a fun fan theory that I don't believe to be the case at all but felt like sharing anyway because screw it.

What if the entirety of the Pokémon anime takes place in 1997, the year that it initially started airing, and this new series takes place in 2023? That would have Ash and most of his friends be around 36 year old now, and the idea of Liko or Roy being one their kids could make more sense.

Personally I'd like it if Roy ends up being related to Brock or Goh.
I believe that neither Riko or Roy are related to any past characters. This series might even be set in a new universe and none of the previous 25 years of the anime had ever happened.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I don't know if any of the Gym Leaders will show up. I can't see a Gym Challenge happening.
Yeah that's totally what people want! Million viewer idea right there!

STICKTOPIA

Wouldn't you say that Ash vs Cameron made up for that moment, though?
This is supposed to be some kind of joke right? Cameron is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen in this series. That battle shouldn’t have ever happened. Cameron shouldn’t have been in the league. He should have been in johto where he thought the unova league was taking place.
Eww god no, BW Ash was infuriating, that battle with Elesa still makes my blood boil to this day lol.
Oh good lord please don’t remind me of how they did my girl snivy DIRTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.