• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I wonder how Yajima is supposed to do in his current role.
Being "Action Director" means he handled the battles again, so probably wide-panning action shots definitely would return and with those blimps, 3DCG too.
I don't think the 3D camera would be back as it depended on these crazy cgi background XY had and since they changed the style it didn't happen anymore
And I don't think the action director can bring that big of a change to the style
This doesn't mean we won't see well-animated/choreographed battles though

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Somethings I want to say:

People need to stop taking everything personal and are overreacting when they take every negative comment they get as a personal attack towards them.

All of you are acting like big babies when someone says something negative about your favorite character. If you like him/her,that should be enough,right?

Same with shippings and stuff. If someone says something "negative" about your ship, why do you need to defend that ship to the death? You liking them should be enough.

Is this because of social media? I don't like the trend. There will always be haters. It is impossible to let everybody love the characters or ships you like.

This place would be alot more peaceful if not every thread wouldnt turn into a Serena hate/love battle or because Pokemon A or B are "overrated."

There is no thing like being overrated. That is your own personal opinion speaking.
Charizard isn't overrated, neither is Lucario or Greninja.
They appear much, that is it because people like their design and sell good.

I will not watch the new series,because I just stayed around until Ash left. That is a promise I made to myself. But that doesn't mean I will hate the new series. I will be smiling for everybody who likes it.

It is kind of funny how half of the discussions we had over the years was because someone was insulted because they couldn't handle someone not liking their character, ship or Pokemon.

You can NOT AGREE with someone's opinion,but that doesn't mean you have to fight.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I don't think the 3D camera would be back as it depended on these crazy cgi background XY had and since they changed the style it didn't happen anymore
And I don't think the action director can bring that big of a change to the style
This doesn't mean we won't see well-animated/choreographed battles though

Basically, the role of 'Action Director' will be to overlook the storyboards—unless Yajima Tetsuo himself provides storyboards for action scenes. With Yajima also being an animator himself he'll also probably be involved in doing any corrections to action scenes' layouts and key animation. Near as I can tell it isn't like he'll be a full-on Action Animation Supervisor (a role originally creators for Nakamura Yutaka during the Cowboy Bebop movie's production) but just about anything is possible at this point. It'll be interesting to see if the Action Animation Supervisor role is employed at all on Pokemon (2023) considering the franchise has mostly kept to the Chief Animation Supervisor, Assistant Chief Animation Supervisor, Animation Supervisor and Assistant Animation Supervisor roles over the decades.

Examples of scenes cuts key animated by Yajima can be found here: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=tetsuo_yajima

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I don't know about y'all, but I'm super hyped to finally get into this series.

I probably shouldn't expect PM2023 to be radically different from the anime we're used to, but I hope that with writers like Dai Sato and fresh new main characters, the show will be able to head into new directions and do something it wasn't able to do with Ash as the main character.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I don't know about y'all, but I'm super hyped to finally get into this series.

I probably shouldn't expect PM2023 to be radically different from the anime we're used to, but I hope that with writers like Dai Sato and fresh new main characters, the show will be able to head into new directions and do something it wasn't able to do with Ash as the main character.
There's something really exciting about getting into something with a blank slate for the first time in 25+ years. I just hope the community is welcoming to it if it's as good as we hope.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Red and Blue

Imagine the possibilities of fillers on an airship. That's already a step up from episodes centered at Sakuragi's Lab.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I now wonder if they'll getting Yajima to potentially direct some episodes, adding more emphasis on the action as a result.

Unless the production schedule is good enough I doubt it. Yajima having a generalized role like this is so that he can have a general hand in all of the series' battle scenes, so I doubt he'll have time to really oversee a full episode by himself as either storyboard artist or episode director unless the series has already been in production for a long, long time. We know that key animation for Sun & Moon #1 was already in progress in May 2016, so we would need a similar production for this series to have the high level of quality of Sun & Moon.

I definitely miss the days of episodes being key animated five months before their broadcast (which was happening as far back as DP #170 being key animated when #150 was airing). That was when the series was at its most healthy and was legendary within the industry for being so. If Pocket Monsters (2023) began key animation back in October or November I would feel a lot more comfortable.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I’m just looking for a good time watching the show. I think I got more watching Shinkalion Z raw than I did Journeys.

Veedramon

I don't care if it's Liko, and I don't care if it's Roy, but I hope that one of them gets a Rhydon!

Out of the "first Pokemon" quartet, it got shafted the hardest in the anime despite predating the other 3.

- Bulbasaur was on Ash's Kanto squad
- Mew was Goh's main goal
- Arceus had his Chronicles special

Yet the OG Capsule Monster was usually a villain's pokemon and hasn't had any substantial presence. This series, however, should change that

ShadowForce720

I don't care if it's Liko, and I don't care if it's Roy, but I hope that one of them gets a Rhydon!

Out of the "first Pokemon" quartet, it got shafted the hardest in the anime despite predating the other 3.

- Bulbasaur was on Ash's Kanto squad
- Mew was Goh's main goal
- Arceus had his Chronicles special

Yet the OG Capsule Monster was usually a villain's pokemon and hasn't had any substantial presence. This series, however, should change that
It would be cool to see Liko or Roy catch a Rhyhor that evolves into Rhydo before finally fully evolving into Rhyperior down the road.

It would also be interesting to see if they wind up having Liko and Roy trade Pokémon at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.