• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So when will we find out about this hour long special, I want to know how this is all going to start lol.

BlueLight

So when will we find out about this hour long special, I want to know how this is all going to start lol.
Looks like it's done on purpose since the new series may be taking place in an AU after all, although I would still want it, to some extent, to have it take place in Ash's main timeline.

KyleK

Fatebreaker
This could be 2 22-min episodes or 1 45-min long thing. Depends on the format I guess?
BW, XY and SM all started with two episodes being aired on the same day. And in the case of DP they even aired three. So I think that it's going to be the first two episodes.
Looks like it's done on purpose since the new series may be taking place in an AU after all, although I would still want it, to some extent, to have it take place in Ash's main timeline.
If there's no story reveal after MPM11, we'll have to wait until PM2023 actually airs. And even then I'm not sure that we'll know if it is in an AU or the main timeline within the first few episodes.

ShadowForce720

Here is a question if Riko/Liko and Roy were to get a past gen starter which one do you think they would get?

Also if either of them get a Pokémon egg which Pokémon do you think it would hatch into?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I never commented my thoughts on the PV but god this literally looks the ideal anipoke series. Yajima !! on action, composition being handled by someone who seems very competent at writing an actual story, animation and general style looks much more polished and refined, very interesting setup already w the two items and seemingly more serious villains (can’t believe i manifested Touya from Project Sekai as Riko’s rival lolll). I also love the concept of an airship as a base, it makes the traveling concept make more sense and the fact there seems to be an ensemble supporting cast has me interested. The way that there’s likely a battlefield on top of the airship has me hyped for whatever Yajima’s cooking

MINORINGO AS RIKO…..if you have never heard The Queen sing then you need to fix that right now. She’s Macross Freyja, pjsk Ena Shinonome, im@s Hajime Fujiwara, all of them with an amazing voice. I pray we get character songs back so she can sing an OP or ED for the show. Like just listen to these:

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hope we get an OP Song & Ending confirmation. And that we will get actual endings again.

Next week's special is going to have a performance of the OP. It's possible they'll want to save the announcement for then, they're being very secretive about it in the summary.

This Sunday's Pokedoko is also going to have "super big news" about the anime, so they could announce it there too.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New press release, including comments from asmi and Chinozo:

New information on the new series of the popular anime Pocket Monsters (airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm, officially abbreviated "Anipoke"), which will be broadcast starting with a 1 hour special on April 14th, has been revealed.

20230324_180600_p_l_91210008.jpg

In a newly released trailer, we can see Liko and Nyahoja's meeting and battle scenes, as well as our first look at how the mysterious pendant related to Liko shines. In addition, we learned the objective of Pokémon Professor Friede and Captain Pikachu's Rising Volt Tacklers, as well as the dream of Roy, the other protagonist holding a strange monster ball, and got to see Hogator in action for the first time.

We could also see the Duckling Pokémon Kuwassu standing next to the popular online streamer Gurumin, as well as a tense scene showing Amethio's Explorers closing in on Liko's pendant.

20230324_180552_p_l_70002658.jpg

The opening theme was also revealed for the first time: "Dokimeki Diary (asmi feat. Chinozo)" will be sung by asmi and produced by the unparalleled creator Chinozo, who's active in the online scene. This is a song that depicts Liko's adventurous spirit through pop music, made by a special unit created specifically for this show.

20230324_180558_p_l_26428122.jpg

20230324_180603_p_l_69068327.jpg

20230324_180609_p_l_90120526.jpg

A comment from asmi:
When I think back to when I was in elementary school, when I had the anime, the video games and the plushies, yearning after a world filled with Pokémon, I can't think of a more gratifying future than the one I now have. Day by day, the slight anxiety I got when it was decided I would sing the theme song is gradually turning into confidence. And now, I'm convinced the only person that can sing this song is the person I am now, the one that can continue on, anxiety and all! It's a great pleasure to accompany you as we begin this new Pokémon anime story.
I sang this song with all my might so that it could give you a supportive push with a "Daijobu! Itterasshai!" whenever you get cold feet from here on. I want you all to believe in yourselves and enthusiastically set off on a journey, having a good sense of "Dokidoki" and "Tokimeki", words describing hearts pounding with excitement. May Dokimeki Diary forever resound in your ears!

A comment from Chinozo:
Hello. My name is Chinozo, and I'm the one who made the opening for the new Pokémon anime. Dokimeki Diary is a song that I filled, in my own way, with the utmost love for this series. I've loved Pokémon since I was little, and it still feels like a dream that they approached me about a theme song for it.
I really love each and every one of the Pokémon theme songs and can't put a number to how many lives they have saved. It's a true honor to get to work on a franchise I'm this emotionally attached to. Please enjoy the new Pokémon anime series!

nuzamaki90

New press release, including comments from asmi and Chinozo:
So several things

I love Chinozo, so I already know this OP is going to be fun one. Just listening from the preview gives me vibes similar to their songs with FloweR. I’ve never heard of asmi so I’m looking forward to hearing more of her vocals.

Second, Roy really seems to be playing in the background huh? It’s really looking like all the main story beats are connected to Riko, which begs the question what even is Roy’s purpose?

Finally, I really appreciate that the official English names stuck close to the Japanese names. I’m glad this isn’t another “Danica and Quillon” situation.

Really looking forward to these next 3 weeks of fun.

Konja7

Second, Roy really seems to be playing in the background huh? It’s really looking like all the main story beats are connected to Riko, which begs the question what even is Roy’s purpose?
I think the trailer focus so much on Liko, because the first episode will focus on Liko and her introduction.

I think Roy's purpose will be shown in the second episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.