• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Solaris*

It's safe to say Roy might have something to do with that Shiny Raquaza. But yeah I find it weird we're not getting much of him in these trailers... Riko is obviously be pushed as the NEW face at the moment but if they're marketing Riko AND Roy then I expect to see some Roy as well. Granted they could be hiding something with the kid

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So it is just Journeys with new characters?

Nothing to do with Paldea. No gym Battles, no Titans, No Team Star.

could literally just put Goh in Roys place and Ash in Liko's and you have the same thing, without a PWC excuse.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
This trailer gives me "Digimon Tamers" vibes to a certain extent with the scenary and character movements looking little less....happy-go-lucky?

A lot of typical meme-ish "regular anime"-type characters like the YGO-looking dude or the character in the Nidorina cosplay. Don't know how to explain the vibe.

Wondering if they'll do anything more to make it feel not like the regular Ashanime with new characters slotted in. That being said Friede seems more like the "Satoshi" of this series.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm starting to think the streamer person might end up being the third wheel since he/she appears to be connected to Quaxly.

Just speculation though

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So it is just Journeys with new characters?

Nothing to do with Paldea. No gym Battles, no Titans, No Team Star.

could literally just put Goh in Roys place and Ash in Liko's and you have the same thing, without a PMC excuse.
Pretty much. They're straight up not adapting anything from the games themselves. All that they are taking from the games are the regions and the Pokemon themselves. At this point it's pretty much confirmed that this series will be an AU.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I know that, but I was talking about the dub, like Journeys.

I mean I imagine websites will use HZ, that’s the most common abbreviation.

Pretty much. They're straight up not adapting anything from the games themselves. All that they are taking from the games are the regions and the Pokemon themselves. At this point it's pretty much confirmed that this series will be an AU.

This seems like a stretch. I doubt that it’s an AU and I doubt there’ll be zero game characters at all. I just think they’ve decided the anime needed to be less tied to the games and to give it its own identity, which means moving away from just adapting the games.

Dayn72

I'm super glad this isn't an alternate universe or so it seems (and that this series isn't a time skip with Ash's kids but that's already been confirmed). It means that the past character returns might not have been it.

Looks really good IMO

Do you think the school will keep appearing? Or maybe only in the first episodes and then they start their summer holidays and travel with the Boltteckers on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.