• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Well, I'm just dreaming, the fact that the new protagonists are Anime OC implies that other anime original characters like Ash will return at some point.!!

Anyway, not seeing Ash every week is already a win for me
Ash is likely to make at least one cameo at some point during the new series but I really don't think we're ever seeing Tracey, Max, Goh, Chloe, Paul and the others again.

Or Pikachu is just the mascot of the new school with random appearances in every episode.

There's definitely no need for Ash to appear when they have to squeeze in the yellow rat into the series.
The Academies are all named after fruit so I can't really picture Pikachu being the mascot for any of them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Watch the kids' school being named "Lemon Academy" or any other green fruit :p

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I could see it being called Manzana Academy, its apparently a real place in the Paldea region if the pre-battle interview with Rika is anything to go by, possibly something to do with the DLC?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That would mean we would need to invite the lemon siblings from XY back.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Japan: We're going to call this school "Lemon Academy."
TPCi: Ummm...we're going to need to change that on translation...we don't want to send the wrong message to our fans.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Japan: We're going to call this school "Lemon Academy."
TPCi: Ummm...we're going to need to change that on translation...we don't want to send the wrong message to our fans.
The last thing they blatantly changed to not insult fans was the episode in SM of Ash wearing the face paint and changing Lenora’s design from wearing an apron.

I don’t get this joke.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The last thing they blatantly changed to not insult fans was the episode in SM of Ash wearing the face paint and changing Lenora’s design from wearing an apron.

I don’t get this joke.
Lemon is a type of NSFW fanfiction. (link goes to TVTropes because it's a lot safer than Urban Dictionary)

As for those other changes...they crossed into racially sensitive issues involving negative stereotypes. And let's just leave it at that...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Honestly, it was pretty dumb of them to merge Ash and Alain's storylines. Ash suffered for having Alain around, while Alain got off so easy.
More like the other way around. Their storylines should’ve stayed separate and even though I love Ash, I was happy seeing someone else take the spotlight away from him and get the main character treatment. Alan and other characters became diluted and suffered for being around Satoshi tachi.

RafaSceptile

More like the other way around. Their storylines should’ve stayed separate and even though I love Ash, I was happy seeing someone else take the spotlight away from him and get the main character treatment. Alan and other characters became diluted and suffered for being around Satoshi tachi.
The worst part is that Alain is terrible as Ash's rival, but he is overall decent as his own character

MaMcMu

I know this is just a fantasy, but what if a potential rival or recurring antagonist has a Tyrunt as his main. Nicknamed "T-Bone", he has Fire Fang and Dragon Tail along with High Horsepower and Draco Meteor after evolving. Like his species, T-Bone is foul-tempered and prone to biting his master.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I know this is just a fantasy, but what if a potential rival or recurring antagonist has a Tyrunt as his main. Nicknamed "T-Bone", he has Fire Fang and Dragon Tail along with High Horsepower and Draco Meteor after evolving. Like his species, T-Bone is foul-tempered and prone to biting his master.
That feels like a very yugioh character lol. Reminds me of the dino guy in GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.