• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, between his hair color(s), skin tone, and apparent choice of Fuecoco, Roy looks an awful lot like Kiawe.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
YGO 5Ds was the **** even though i and may others made fun of it at the start because ‘CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES’.

Actually glad YGO had switching protags.
Digimon also. Movie first, then a series plus a sequel, a ton of movies etc. before they finally started a fresh take with Tamers and boom, the best Digimon series was made after two very poorly written series in a very poorly explained Taichi-verse.

I seriously hope Pokemon 2023 fate is similiar. And I hope switching protagonists is a causality.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
No Ash in the anime?

Guys, I think I might do the unthinkable.

I think I might become a weekly watcher of the Pokemon anime once this releases!

Rest in peace, Gordie and Avery appearing in the anime.

But my new goal is for Grusha, Iono, and Rika to appear!
I mean there's no world tour stuff so Grusha and Iono are pretty much guaranteed

diesglamouris

Not ya’ll already hating a character from a poster. Glad the people who kept arguing “this is a male dominate franchise so they’re gonna appease boys more” look stupid. Hopefully we get our first female challenging Gyms

People hating someone from a poster aren't meant to be taken so seriously, I think.

The same for those who believe a female strong leader won't appeal boys. We grow watching Sailor Moon or Xena The Warrior Princess, you know.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Don't you remember what Masamitsu Hidaka once said? When Ash and Pikachu become Pokémon Master, it would be the last episode of the show.
And the final series are about Ash finding what a pokémon master is
All according to plan
Remember when we used to say the anime would end if Ash won a league? It took 3 more years and another victory but here we are

Xuxuba

Pokémon is the biggest franchise in the world, so i am sure the show will gather attention even with a new protagonist. The anime had long stopped being the biggest promoter of the original media, its games and merch anyway.
Giving Ash closure also reassures people that now the show can actually develop its characters and move forward, because it doesn't limit itself to a single character. As for the people who are sad about this, i am sure they have enough rewatchable content of Ash to keep themselves busy for the rest of their lives.
That said, i do hope Rica has a big role in this series if she doesn't want to retire anytime soon.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
People hating someone from a poster aren't meant to be taken so seriously, I think.

The same for those who believe a female strong leader won't appeal boys. We grow watching Sailor Moon or Xena The Warrior Princess, you know.
Also Jojo just finished its adaptation of the sixth part where 3*/6 of the main characters are women

*One of them is a colony of sentient plankton possessing the corpse of a woman. Yeah.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Can’t say I’m actually all that surprised or sad, was wondering where Ash’s character would go and the answer was they won’t even try and just start totally fresh.

I’m on the fence for wether or not I’ll still be watching, depends if I connect to the new characters and how good the writing is, I’m gonna miss Ash dearly because he’s one of my favorite characters ever but I’m also open to new possibilities

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
guess that’s the end huh.

Guess that means we’re back to gym battles lmao.

Just as long as I get to see Koraidon join the cast, I’m satisfied.

Durrendal

I knew it. Goh, that piece of dried dog doodoo sunk a series that has been running for 25 years.

---
Apart from that...I'm glad I returned to watch the last 2 series that Ash starred in. Ash and Pokemon, not the games but the anime made up a huge portion of my childhood. I'm glad for the journey and sad there isn't more.

I think I'll stop watching Pokemon now. The series has nothing left for me without Ash.

BobbbidyBob

Will this take place in the same universe (poke-verse, whatever) Ash is?

nuzamaki90

@Dephender, seems Oricon put out somewhat of a summary for the new series?

It sounds like it’s still doing the world tour theme

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Do we even know if this takes place in the same anime universe? While I would love to see old characters returning, I feel it would be more benefitial for the show if it was its own thing. Because let's be honest, if Ash was to appear, people would mainly care about that. If they are trying to build something new, they should probably go all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.