• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miky

The absolute meltdown over this happening has been next-level.
I wonder how that girl whose twitter handle I forgot whose husbando is Ash must be reacting. Probably not well at all.
Expected. JP apparently seems to be a bit more chill, but maybe there are a few others who are still upset. It might be too late

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The absolute meltdown over this happening has been next-level.
I wonder how that girl whose twitter handle I forgot whose husbando is Ash must be reacting. Probably not well at all.
Satoshi is a lot of peoples' husbando/self-insert. This was expected either way. I just hope it doesn't carry onto the new boy and girl being hated.

Xuxuba

Notice how all of these are Ash related, they won’t care Jack **** past it like me.
They already didn't tho.
Once they see a few clips of Ash winning on the internet, these people move on with their lives. And i don't know about you but i would rather have consistent viewers than people who only talk about the show when a 25 years goal is achieved.

Granted, a new protagonist doesn't mean the new series will be actually well-written, but it does show the writers are ready to give the protagonists a proper conclusion, while making it easier for new people to get into the show. Which to be honest gives me more hope for the new series than the prospect of them dragging out the Master goal for another 2 and a half decades or more.

SatoSereFan224888

Is it me or does the girl looks like a mix of Ash and Serena?
I don’t think so. Other than the black hair, I don’t see any resemblance to Ash in the girl. However her hairstyle is very similar to May I just noticed. The boy looks like he’s Goh & Chloe’s son.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Y'all keep forgetting about BW
Gladly.

I really hope Roy and Riko are interesting characters that capture that old nostalgic feeling of excitement and adventures
Everyone should expect good things about the new cast. But, it was implied TRio were going to Paldea or not?

SatoSereFan224888

People have been pointing out the Hair clip she has in that it's the same symbol as Ash's OG series hat.

I'm hoping she ain't related to Ash though, i'd rather no ship win than see a war break out
Yeah. I think she’s an original character. She may have been inspired by Ash.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
People have been pointing out the Hair clip she has in that it's the same symbol as Ash's OG series hat.

I'm hoping she ain't related to Ash though, i'd rather no ship win than see a war break out
The emblem is a Pokemon League advertisement, not Satoshi's so it doesn't matter.

Niormon

Y'all keep forgetting about BW when they initially only showed Iris and Cilan. I want to hope it might not be bait and Satoshi's going away, since they did mention the finality of Satoshi's journey, but at the same time... I think it's still too sudden so I'm not fully ready
BW didn't have a full blown summery and Iris and Cilan were silhouettes, and at the time of DP no were did TPCi say that dp was ash's final series not like now its over his done.

Xuxuba

Is it me or does the girl looks like a mix of Ash and Serena?
Other than the blue eyes and dark hair, i don't see many similiarities between their designs.

She does seem to have a similar fashion sense with the highwaisted skirt and the thin coat with big pockets, but her hair looks more like a mixture between May and Dawn's.

I suppose some parts of her design could be a reference/hommage to past characters, more so than a hint that she is related to anybody we know. Like an amalgamation of them.
At least that seems to be the case with the hairclip, as it's the same symbol on Ash's hat.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Other than the blue eyes and dark hair, i don't see many similiarities between their designs.

She does seem to have a similar fashion sense with the highwaisted skirt and the thin coat with big pockets, but her hair looks more like a mixture between May and Dawn's.

I suppose some parts of her design could be a reference/hommage to past characters, more so than a hint that she is related to anybody we know. Like an amalgamation of them.
At least that seems to be the case with the hairclip, as it's the same symbol on Ash's hat.
I guess we need some info if she is anything related to Ash or a random character. That Roy does kinda look like Gou too.

Status
Not open for further replies.