• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanmanna

I think we won't see long series anymore. Ash was a first. But I don't think this new pokemon anime will continue after 3 years. There will be short new stories.

Haha. That's true. But I meant both of their storylines. Although I can see the potential to stretch them out, they feel better suited for a singular (Paldea) series than presumably long-spanning like Ash's.
Pokémon is about to go the Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh route; I think we're about to start seeing new series with new protagonists each region.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Miky

Pokémon is about to go the Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh route; I think we're about to start seeing new series with new protagonists each region.
I don't think I'd like it since it means they would be a bit more forgettable but who knows

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
This is like the Yu-gi-oh anime replacing Yugi and his friends

didn't really care for it afterwards.

At least we'll still have the Videogames
Same here

charinija

Pokemon Master
There are three possibilities. Or there will be a time lapse. This girl will be Ash's daughter. Or it will be the girl who sets out with the goal of defeating Ash, the strongest trainer of her time.

If this girl is going to be completely independent of Ash, then all the champions of the time, Alder Cynthia Iris Steven Lance Tobias, everyone needs to change.

They cannot reset all champions. Those champions also fought Ash. They can't make a fully independent anime from Ash.

This girl will either be Ash's daughter. Or she will set out to challenge and defeat Ash.

Logically, it should not be a completely independent series like Digimon.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Curious to see what the "plot" and motivations there is for Riko and Roy.

World traveling seems to be back but for what purpose? PWT imo is highely unlikely and mere traveling gets old very quickly. In that case I would make the Paldea academy the "base camp" for them and have regular field trips to other regions for their treasure hunt plus all the SV characters and story stuff happening in the Paldea episodes which I hope take at least 50% of the episodes this time and Riko doing the gyms.

They can expand the stories of the classmates and teachers in mini arcs outside of Paldea or just the fillers.

Like I wouldn't mind 2-3 episodes starting in Kanto with Riko meeting Roy, saying he's from the Paldean academy and then she joins him in school.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
On the one hand, at least we don't have to deal with our new protags in those ugly uniforms.

Big changes in series format and tone, an art style very divergent from the others and almost no references about Satoshi's Kalosian adventures. For me, all this counts as "reset", but I know that concept is debatable.

Debatable yes. Like, most of the other series didn't reference the other adventures save for a cameo or two and maybe one plot point - but eventually they made it clear that was still the same continuity.

For Sun/Moon, it didn't need to, Ash was focused on School, what would they necessarily need to reference for Kalos anyway?

And the Tone thing doesn't really mean much when you take the whole Team Flare thing out of the equation. XY had plenty of overly silly moments and Sun/Moon wasn't inexplicitly silly just due to the art style change.

Sham

The Guardian of War
People hating someone from a poster aren't meant to be taken so seriously, I think.

The same for those who believe a female strong leader won't appeal boys. We grow watching Sailor Moon or Xena The Warrior Princess, you know.
Honk honk it’s giving clownery. How are y’all already ready to hate somebody based or a poster?

BlueDragonfangirl

Honestly if she is ashs daughter she could be any of the poke girls daughter. Look at misty and her sisters.
I’d prefer this, years of shipping Wars, think of the fun.

I don’t like the Digimon situation, some groups you find likable than you move onto the next.

Na, I’m good with my years of Pokémon ending with Ash, bye Pokémon.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I am stunned. For the first time since XY I now have a reason to rejoin this fanbase and watch the series again. It's been so long, I never thought I would be a regular again, but now I have a reason to return and watch. I have wanted this since Diamond and Pearl and now that it's here I don't know how to properly react. I do like the design of Riko is it? She's got a cute design and I'm looking forward to her run, same with Roy, is that his name?

This is something Pokemon has needed for decades a fresh start and a look at the Pokemon world through new young eyes. This has a ton of potential. If Riko is a battler then she already checks off a list of things many fans have asked for, a female battler that might do Gyms. But, I would urge everyone who is excited about the change to hold that excitement until we get more info. Remember DP had several misleading early posters. First it was Dawn with Dialga and Palkia, then it was Ash, Dawn, and Paul with the starters, and finally Ash, Brock, and Dawn. So I'm being careful, because they could be trolling, gauging the reactions. With that said if this is a truly fresh start I will give it my full attention and am looking forward to Pokemon being new. I hope it can capture the old feelings of adventure without the pressure of "Will they win the league this time?" that has dogged this series for ages.

Spyro39

As if spoiling Ash's becoming World Champion on their English twitter account wasn't enough, their English YouTube channel is also promoting the new series in Japan (complete with subtitles too)... while the English dub Journeys is still going on.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
As interested as I am I do wonder are Roy and Riko suppose to have such "young-looking" and largely inconsequential/bland designs?

I know Satoshi, Luffy, Gon and a lot protagonists are given explicitely bland or plain designs on purpose. Also Riko and Roy clearly have a Water/Fire thing going but she picked out the grass cat? Is this like Red picking red Hitokage and Green picking blue Zenigame?

Xuxuba

Who knows, they might keep one of them for longer than 1 region, especially if any of them is actually related to Ash.

Granted, they usually get rid of companions after 3 years or so, but these are no companions, they are protagonists and the only other protagonist we got as reference had his goal milked for 25 years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.