• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I'm not going to lie: I have no clue what to expect from this. Even though Ash is leaving I'll still give this a shot. Hopefully, it's just as good.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
As someone who isn't an active watcher of the anime, I'm honestly caught off guard that this many people are mourning for Ash. I mainly remember Ash as being a punching bag (particularly in like, 2010's era Pokemon fandom) by the parts of the fandom that mainly enjoy the games rather than the show (saying he's "dumb" and that he regresses every new generation) and they are quick to praise any other adaptation or animation that doesn't feature Ash in it.

Having a new protagonist actually made me curious about the anime now as a mainly game-only fan.

SatoSereFan224888

Riko isn't Ash's daughter.
I didn’t say Riko is Ash’s daughter. In fact she bares no resemblance to Ash. I’m celebrating because Ash’s journey will be ending soon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that Liko is actually Giovanni's niece, with her father being the brother of the notorious Team Rocket Boss. He tries to hide it as he is a very well respected Pokemon Professor.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Having a new protagonist actually made me curious about the anime now as a mainly game-only fan.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. There are going to be many more like you who feel the same way. Glad to see that the anipoke community is gonna get a lot of fresh blood.
Exactly. Look at how much people tuned in during the Kalos League, Ash winning in Alola, and Ash beating Leon, compared to something like Project Mew lmao.

In fact, this series is probably gonna draw in even more normies, now that the most stagnant characters are gone.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Any interest I had in the new series vanished into thin air when I found out Ash won't be the main protagonist anymore. It just doesn't feel right without him.

Then the second Ash loses another league, you’d be on the same train wishing he would be replaced. I have wanted Ash to leave since Sun & Moon. But he is leaving now.

Now that he is the strongest of them all, he will probably do something else that will continue helping him grow aside from battling.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah but that example was kind of... Eh...

No doubt Disney would've worked out better had their PR department wasn't all "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to." while at the same time the movies were all "Remember this? Remember how good this was?"

I think that's just an issue with Disney in general though, between Star Wars and the MCU they haven't really been hitting things out of the Parker when Spider-Man's not involved.
Not to derail the thread, but the problem with the Sequel Trilogy is episode 7 that was the worst one of the trilogy that went a completely different direction from episode 6. How they treated the old characters specifically Luke was a complete utter joke. I have more confidence that Pokémon will do a better job in the new series then what Disney did to Star Wars

MaMcMu

Not to derail the thread, but the problem with the Sequel Trilogy is episode 7 that was the worst one of the trilogy that went a completely different direction from episode 6. How they treated the old characters specifically Luke was a complete utter joke. I have more confidence that Pokémon will do a better job in the new series then what Disney did to Star Wars
Dude, everything Disney did is pretty corny. They keep buying awards instead of earning them, they don’t use villains recently in favour of toxic relatives, they have Pixar make unnecessary sequels. Face it, Disney isn’t good anymore and my hatred grew when they shut down Blue Sky.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Of course the fandom immediately jumps to shipping and claiming the new girl is Ash x [preferred girl]'s daughter.

I am excited for the possibilities here. A bunch of the Pokemon miniseries and shorts have such nice animation and interesting stories. I hope we can get that quality here for the new series.

I just want some better planning honestly. Too many times in the main anime, it just ended up being rehashed POTD/COTD episodes with Team Rocket blasting off in the end. Even a series as praised as XY&Z suffered from making the Kalos League a side show.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
There is one thing I have been wondering: if this someone fails,is there still a way back? Not to try to sound negative,but sending your MC off after 25 years is a huge risk. I guess Conan will be the only 10-year old with a 17-year old mindset to be left from the 90's .
There's always a way back. If this series really ends up flopping (which it won't), they could easily return to Ash IF his story is left open-ended. If they actually give it a proper conclusion, hell even age him up a bit (or a lot, in case the new mc is his daughter), they could always rely on AUs or make a series based on pre-timeskip Ash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There is one thing I have been wondering: if this someone fails,is there still a way back? Not to try to sound negative,but sending your MC off after 25 years is a huge risk. I guess Conan will be the only 10-year old with a 17-year old mindset to be left from the 90's .
That happened to Yo-Kai Watch. They ditched Nate Adams and after he left the anime bombed so hard that the only way they could get the lost ratings back was to bring back Nate, which they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.