• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseph08

There's always a way back. If this series really ends up flopping (which it won't), they could easily return to Ash IF his story is left open-ended. If they actually give it a proper conclusion, hell even age him up a bit (or a lot, in case the new mc is his daughter), they could always rely on AUs or make a series based on pre-timeskip Ash.
Yeah I feel like they'll always leave it open to a DB situation where they say f it and bring Ash and Pikachu back if things go south

Guy100

So Ash is story is over. What a lackluster way to end it. And we never got to see him become a Pokemon Master.

Well, if the Pokemon Anime is starting fresh. I will not be joining this ride. I've been with Ash for 25 years, as I grew up watching him. I will not do it another 25 years with new protagonists.

I'm glad Ash won the World Tournament, but I dont like the send off they had given him, since we never got to see him accomplish his dream, which many fans waited 25 years to see happen.

Reactions: NPT

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Hope for this to be AU. I can't stand another fanservice show about stuff absolutely unrelevant to the plot. They have the freedom in the writing now without narrative limitations because the world and characters are in a clean state. Having it being set in the same universe would be pretty dumb and a stupid decision. Limiting yourselfe in the creativity because we need muh Ash cameos....no thanks.

Lets start off in a completely new world for this.

Lelouch-Red

So Ash is story is over. What a lackluster way to end it. And we never got to see him become a Pokemon Master.

Well, if the Pokemon Anime is starting fresh. I will not be joining this ride. I've been with Ash for 25 years, as I grew up watching him. I will not do it another 25 years with new protagonists.

I'm glad Ash won the World Tournament, but I dont like the send off they had given him, since we never got to see him accomplish his dream, which many fans waited 25 years to see happen.

We will get a 11 episodes special series. It starts on 13.January.

Guy100

We will get a 11 episodes special series. It starts on 13.January.
Yes, I finally saw that. I just hope its a proper send off. Hopefully by the end, the Ash does become a Pokemon Master and he also gets a chance to meet both his father and Grandfather who were mentioned to have failed as trainers along their journeys.

I just hope lose ends are wrapped up nicely.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Hope for this to be AU. I can't stand another fanservice show about stuff absolutely unrelevant to the plot. They have the freedom in the writing now without narrative limitations because the world and characters are in a clean state. Having it being set in the same universe would be pretty dumb and a stupid decision. Limiting yourselfe in the creativity because we need muh Ash cameos....no thanks.

Lets start off in a completely new world for this.
yeah, I've said it throughout JN, they need to wipe the slate clean so I'll be glad if this is a completely different continuity

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
That happened to Yo-Kai Watch. They ditched Nate Adams and after he left the anime bombed so hard that the only way they could get the lost ratings back was to bring back Nate, which they did.
Not really sure, the first reboot got ditched for the Y Academy spin-off and while it is back to Nate again to me the main vibe I get from the second reboot is “it is just there”.

Also bar Ash taking a mentor-like role I am not sure of a good way to bring Ash back that does feel he was smacked with the nerf bat (save for the final plot line in Scarlet/Violet).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Guys I just realized something

This is probably the reason why the games got rid of Ash - Greninja and why they also got rid of Pikachu's Iconic voice in the games!
Yeah I am interested in why ...

Sham

The Guardian of War
Anyways if I see y’all are attacking this boy or calling him annoying just for breathing or if he behaves like an actual kid I want all the smoke. We will not be doing that. Especially if you’re not holding everyone to the same standards. You might’ve gotten away with that mess a few years ago but not now.

Anyways I’m glad we have a female lead and with that a possible female rival, I’m tired of them shafting game characters. We didn’t even see Bede

Last edited:

Redstar45

There's always a way back. If this series really ends up flopping (which it won't), they could easily return to Ash IF his story is left open-ended. If they actually give it a proper conclusion, hell even age him up a bit (or a lot, in case the new mc is his daughter), they could always rely on AUs or make a series based on pre-timeskip Ash.
Sound just risky too

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I can't deny I'll miss Ash, but I look forward to learning about these two new protags. Fingers crossed the girl does battles, we're long overdue for a female battler on the main cast. But I don't want them to drop character defining moments and development for the Pokémon either.

Also, if this show takes place in the Ash-verse, I hope they use references and callbacks with care.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
like I stated before, all I actually care about is if Koraidon joins the main cast. Assuming the Paldea storyline will be fully adapted (which I hope), it would be straight up wrong if we dont see Riko and Koraidon meet.

Redstar45

For one, Ash could be the protag's dad. If he's not...well, they could literally have him join in as a companion or something.

Or the obvious answer: They start doing AUs with Ash.

Who the hell is gonna have the guts to pretend that Pokémon is any worse off than it was in JN?
Or reboot him if new show bomb ?

Redstar45

What's everyone's bet for how long we go until Ash makes a return?
A few years ? ...I am not okay actually...just mad at tpc for not doing this years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.