• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ash has been around for people to have been born, went through elementary, went through middle school, graduated high school and now in college (first hand experience) and has been around long enough because some of y’all have kids now. When you gonna let him go?

Rica is probably all ready to go but like all people she’s probably done enough of her job (or gotten bored of it) and wants to retire or try other projects and I don’t blame her.

The female character is giving though. We are finally about to have a female battler.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ash has been around for people to have been born, went through elementary, went through middle school, graduated high school and now in college (first hand experience) has been around long enough because some of y’all have kids now. When you gonna let him go?

Rica is probably all ready to go but like all people she’s probably done enough of her job (or gotten bored of it) and wants to retire or try other projects and I don’t blame her.

The female character is giving though. We are finally about to have a female battler.
She didn't say anything like this at all....sham I know that you don't like Satoshi but seriously....you know that female main character can be just bad or good as her main counterpart you know ?

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
She didn't say anything like this at all....sham I know that you don't like Satoshi but seriously female main character can be just as her main counterpart you know?
Wait what. I don't hate Ash, I just don't care for him and his self inserts. Somebody legit made a thread today saying F the series and people have been complaining about this all over Twitter at their big ages

Redstar45

Wait what. I don't hate Ash, I just don't care for him and his self inserts. Somebody legit made a thread today saying F the series and people have been complaining about this all over Twitter at their big ages
That happens all the f***k time

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
What's everyone's bet for how long we go until Ash makes a return?
There's a small chance we might see him in a movie or something because we still have that AU universe of him, but I dunno if they will continue that. I don't even know if they will give him a single cameo.

Redstar45

Oh couldn't be me but I'm a celebrating a female character because it's diversity giving a female starring role years later after they grossly described the pokegirls as "eye candy" and haven't had them battling since BW and reducing them to holding plushies.
She might not battle...Roy look like he is do battle given his similar look to Satoshi

Redstar45

There's a small chance we might see him in a movie or something because we still have that AU universe of him, but I dunno if they will continue that. I don't even know if they will give him a single cameo.
This happens all the times in many anime and manga and games...he back al al support role

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
This is truly an exciting time.

I remember when Ash beat Paul in arguably the greatest full battle to reach the leagues semis for the first time, and though he lost to Tobias in the semifinals, he beat 2 legendaries. There was excitement that Ash might win it all in BW, which unfortunately didn't happen with the 'reset'. I remember all the hype when XY/XY&Z happened with resurgent Ash, Ash-Greninja, the Kalos League, Amourshipping, etc. Unfortunately, Ash still lost to Alain, but things were looking positive. I remember when Ash defeated Gladion, and then Kukui to become a league conference winner and then Champion of Alola. That was groundbreaking. There was nervousness whether Ash would be 'reset' again or he might actually advance even further in JN. Well, it certainly ended up being the latter, even though it was disappointing that he didn't use his reserves. But now, it seems we're getting a miniseries finale with all the reserves and the OG trio!

After that....a truly brand new slate. No Ash. No Pikachu. A new protagonist that we can watch grow without having to worry about any prior continuity. I'm glad that I never gave up on the anime despite all of its flaws, and I look forward to this next one.

Redstar45

This is truly an exciting time.

I remember when Ash beat Paul in arguably the greatest full battle to reach the leagues semis for the first time, and though he lost to Tobias in the semifinals, he beat 2 legendaries. There was excitement that Ash might win it all in BW, which unfortunately didn't happen with the 'reset'. I remember all the hype when XY/XY&Z happened with resurgent Ash, Ash-Greninja, the Kalos League, Amourshipping, etc. Unfortunately, Ash still lost to Alain, but things were looking positive. I remember when Ash defeated Gladion, and then Kukui to become a league conference winner and then Champion of Alola. That was groundbreaking. There was nervousness whether Ash would be 'reset' again or he might actually advance even further in JN. Well, it certainly ended up being the latter, even though it was disappointing that he didn't use his reserves. But now, it seems we're getting a miniseries finale with all the reserves and the OG trio!

After that....a truly brand new slate. No Ash. No Pikachu. A new protagonist that we can watch grow without having to worry about any prior continuity. I'm glad that I never gave up on the anime despite all of its flaws, and I look forward to this next one.
What happened if it is bad then they add Satoshi back ?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Another thing is, having Ash get a new team and still wrecking strong opponents or even Getta would’ve been truly…disturbing.

This isn’t anything new though. People have to say goodbye to their favorite characters every few years or so, you didn’t think this was gonna eventually catch up with Ash?

I’m little said it’s not Arven, Nemona or Penny joining the main crew but it seems like they’re gonna continue doing this “duo” thing. I just hope that the boy and girls goals get equal treatments because PM vs PWC was not it.

Redstar45

Another thing is, having Ash get a new team and still wrecking strong opponents or even Getta would’ve been truly…disturbing.

This isn’t anything new though. People have to say goodbye to their favorite characters every few years or so, you didn’t think this was gonna eventually catch up with Ash?

I’m little said it’s not Arven, Nemona or Penny joining the main crew but it seems like they’re gonna continue doing this “duo” thing. I just hope that the boy and girls goals get equal treatments because PM vs PWC was not it.
Not saying that

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
I mean Earthquakes are just Earth-chan throwing a tantrum….

More like having a break-out on her face. And when those zits pop, ooof those days aren't pretty.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Not saying that
Speaking in a rhetorical way, it’s a way of speaking and seeming like I’m actually talking directly to a person when I’m not as just a form of sarcasm. I’m not talking directly to you but the 20+ people crying over Ash leaving in (not in a nice way or graceful way) but saying F the series and they’re ready to burn all of their Pokémon merch. One dizzy person did that this morning on here.

Redstar45

Speaking in a rhetorical way, it’s a way of speaking and seeming like I’m actually talking directly to a person when I’m not as just a form of sarcasm. I’m not talking directly to you but the 20+ people crying over Ash leaving in (not in a nice way or graceful way) but saying F the series and they’re ready to burn all of their Pokémon merch. One dizzy person did that this morning on here.
Oh ....eh this happens I don't get enough of sleep

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
will you two please stop fighting, i've been on edge lately as is...

So i'm still wondering, if there's 2 new characters and 3 starters, who is getting 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.