• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd argue Ash was so memorable because he was, like the people who started with the series alongside him, new to the world of Pokemon despite living there all his life and getting the opportunity to discover it all first hand.

We who play the games and everything get to escape there, but he gets to live it.

And a world of discovery is appealing to kids who have yet to go out into the world and discover it for themselves, be it the good or the bad that they learn along the way.

Can't imagine Liko and Roy not having that same effect on the next generation of Pokemon kids.
It would, if it was done a couple of years after the original series ended, now Ash is still in the current generations minds, it’s different with Pokémon and Yugioh as it’s been like that forever so kids think of it as the norm, this? Right after Ash’s Journey’s ends?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I wouldn't mind those two to be our new protagonists for multiple generations honestly.
Depends on what kind of characters they are, honestly.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Miky

I just saw a hot take on 4chan that after Satoshi leaves, Pokemon may enter a dark period...

I know I shouldn't just take that as fact, but with how sudden the news was and the direction, while I'm ready for the anime to lose viewership I am worried cuz of no details other than it's new series. What do you think?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I just saw a hot take on 4chan that after Satoshi leaves, Pokemon may enter a dark period...

I know I shouldn't just take that as fact, but with how sudden the news was and the direction, while I'm ready for the anime to lose viewership I am worried cuz of no details other than it's new series. What do you think?
Won't happen. It's Pokémon, it'll keep drawing in kids like always.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Just let's asume for a sec either Liko or Roy are Ash’s childeren. Would that be a good or a bad thing?
bad for me, i know i'm probably in the minority here but i'd much prefer the new show to be a completely different universe without any connection to the current anime. reason is because the current show has been running so long that it's full of contradictions in part due to all of the changes that have been made to the games since gen 1 and in part due to the writing not being great at some points. a completely clean slate would fix all of that

plus i just never saw the appeal of ash being a mentor or parent to the next protagonist. ive seen people say they want this but i don't understand why.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I find it a bit strange that despite having 3 storylines in Paldea, there are only two protagonists.
Maybe someone else will join Liko and Roy later?
could just be that they both do the gym quest but one does operation starfall and the other helps arven search for herba mystica

VoltTacklingPika

The issue with that take is it most likely comes from a series veteran who has been watching from the start and doesn't factor in Pokemon's incredibly broad audience and potential audience.

Inevitably, older viewers will fall away because the character they were invested in won't be there anymore. However, younger viewers who haven't been watching long enough to develop as strong an attachment to Ash, and viewers who played Scarlet/Violet and have yet to see the anime, won't have this issue.

I think it's great that kids who played SV as their first games will have a brand new anime to watch, in the same way a lot of us did when Red and Blue came out in the late 90s. Just as we got attached to Ash, they can grow attached to Liko and Roy.

Xuxuba

bad for me, i know i'm probably in the minority here but i'd much prefer the new show to be a completely different universe without any connection to the current anime. reason is because the current show has been running so long that it's full of contradictions in part due to all of the changes that have been made to the games since gen 1 and in part due to the writing not being great at some points. a completely clean slate would fix all of that

plus i just never saw the appeal of ash being a mentor or parent to the next protagonist. ive seen people say they want this but i don't understand why.
If he were to be a dad, it'd be more likely that he wouldn't be that much present for the series, since this is Pokémon after all. So i think it'd be possible to get glimpses of his future through quick mentions without overshadowing the new continuity.
It's also possible they'd keep it vague by having her mention someone that fits into his description or by showing flashbacks of a silhouette that looks like his.

Personally, i don't have a preference on how they'd deal with that, but to me it does sound like the kind of stuff they'd do.

What made Ash and Pikachu so memorable back in the day? They need to create something similar but into todays mindset.
Honestly, other than the fact that he was living in such an intriguing world, i think it was mostly familiarity with his character, as his personality changed drastically after OS.

It also helped that, unlike a lot of the companions, he had a more concrete and palatable goal, at least when it comes to battling.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
So, has it been confirmed yet that Ash wil lactually NOT be a part of that new Anime?o_O
In that case I'm wondering what's the meaning of that miniseries "Aim to be a Master" and that diffenrent style Ash in the next episode after all?

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
No but the trailer called it the last chapter of Ash and Pikachu. So I assume this is the last 11 episodes with Ash.:confused:
The last words of the narrator in this week's episode were: "Ash's , Go's and Koharu's adventures will continue on. And if I say continue, continue they will. "
Considering these words, I find it strange they would actually replace Ash.

Well, you could argue the new audience needs new protagonists. But what about us? The veteran fans who've been following the show and playing the games since day one and have grown up with Ash? I guess he's just too iconic to be replaced.

And...my greatest wish ever is that wonderful Cynthia will return some day! I hope they can still make it happen somehow. I'll hope and pray for that.

IcySealeo

Wonder if a new Pikachu is going to be part of this series somehow. Pikachu is the FACE of the whole Pokemon franchise after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.