• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about how the new era of the anime will start, with Ash gone we'll likely have a reintroduction to the setting, talk about what's up and generally what's going on with the protagonist maybe.

A homage to that Nidorino/Gengar battle from the Indigo League would be really cool. Heck, maybe fold it into the Welcome To The World of Pokemon speech, where it's an in-universe video that Riko's watching, and it either ends or begins with the Ash vs Leon fight, and then cut to Riko watching it on her phone or tv or something, possibly way past her bedtime.

Konja7

Yes and that’s why I said “I don’t think. Most series that continue after the main character leaves do not place the new cast in a different universe. Specials, movies and YouTube series don’t count to me.

In fact, most Japanese series that change the cast are pretty vague about the stories happening on the same universe or different.

The different protagonists tend to interact in Specials or Movies. However, there is often no consistency in the lore. The background in one story can be very contradictory to another.

MidnightHo-Oh

Am I the only one totally content with these new protagonists not having any blood relationship to Ash and/or Serena? This theory popping up everywhere of the girl being Ash and Serena's daughter feels so forced, and "evidence" of similarity in her eyes and hair also feels like such a stretch being made out of desperation. What is so wrong with these two just being unique characters?

Am I the only one totally content with these new protagonists not having any blood relationship to Ash and/or Serena? This theory popping up everywhere of the girl being Ash and Serena's daughter feels so forced, and "evidence" of similarity in her eyes and hair also feels like such a stretch being made out of desperation. What is so wrong with these two just being unique characters?
More likely than not, these characters are completely unrelated to Ash (and even more probably, Serena). People are having difficulty coping with this, as is understandable. Maybe Ash being gone will be a turn for the better. Maybe not.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Now that I realize...

Will this two be the new Ash in terms of protagonist trough multiple sagas or they will just be while Gen 9 lasts, if yes then they will only have 2 years and a half to close his story...

SatoSereFan224888

Yeah. I believe they are unique characters with no relation to Ash and his companions. I’m guessing the girl’s parents are researchers.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Having Riko be Ash's daughter would just make her story just a repeat of Chloe's. We would have the second female main character in a row whose primary goal is to separate herself from her more famous and legendary father and forge her own path in life. It would be even worse if they gave her an Eevee as well.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah. I believe they are unique characters with no relation to Ash and his companions. I’m guessing the girl’s parents are researchers.
LOL Chloe 2.0. That’s what everyone wants, let her have an eeve too, another iconic mascot Pokémon for fun.

SatoSereFan224888

LOL Chloe 2.0. That’s what everyone wants, let her have an eeve too, another iconic mascot Pokémon for fun.
But again I don’t think Riko will be related to Ash or any of his companions. This series could take place many years after Ash’s victory against Leon. We’re jumping to conclusions way too early.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But again I don’t think Riko will be related to Ash or any of his companions. This series could take place many years after Ash’s victory against Leon. We’re jumping to conclusions way too early.
Or in a different universe altogether.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Having Riko be Ash's daughter would just make her story just a repeat of Chloe's. We would have the second female main character in a row whose primary goal is to separate herself from her more famous and legendary father and forge her own path in life. It would be even worse if they gave her an Eevee as well.
Why the hell do they have to repeat Chloe's arc with her? They could easily make it a plot where she really looks up to her dad and wants to follow in the same path as him, only to realize throughout her journey that she wants to follow a different path...or they could literally just play it straight.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Me

I wouldn't mind if she ends up being Ash's kid but I don't think it's really necessary. The anime can live without depending on a connection with Ash.

I'd much rather their adventures take place somewhere while the events of the the 11-episode minisseries are going. Opens the opportunity for Ash showing up again later, if they want.

If not, just let the new show be its own thing.

Did you have to mention Eevee? She has a Sprigatito, right? That feels like an improvement.

Red and Blue

Knowing how much time this new series takes place after the epilogue could clarify if this girl is connected to Ash of not. If it is just a five or ten year time skip there is no chance she is his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.