• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Sham

The Guardian of War
The people here that think this is a time skip where Ash gets older and has a daughter (cough cough he’s not doing that with Serena) or that is set in a different timeline seem wild. A show can exist without Ash and have no relation to him at all without crazy excuses why he’s not there.

RLC

Am I the only one totally content with these new protagonists not having any blood relationship to Ash and/or Serena?
No, I'm good with either.

This theory popping up everywhere of the girl being Ash and Serena's daughter feels so forced, and "evidence" of similarity in her eyes and hair also feels like such a stretch being made out of desperation.
I mean the "evidence" isn't totally concrete but it's easy to see where ppl are coming from, plus at the end of the day it's just a theory.

What is so wrong with these two just being unique characters?
Being related to Ash doesn't stop them from being unique characters. Nothing is wrong with either option; you clearly just prefer one (which is fine), but that doesn't make the other option bad and unworkable.

Red and Blue

The people here that think this is a time skip where Ash gets older and has a daughter (cough cough he’s not doing that with Serena) or that is set in a different timeline seem wild. A show can exist without Ash and have no relation to him at all without crazy excuses why he’s not there.
Not that I think Liko being his daughter is all that likely, I also don't think it's that unrealistic compared to everything else that's happened as of now. The old status quo is gone now.

nuzamaki90

Again I can go by experience and an assumption based on what we know. Family member of mine introduced me to Pokémon and it gave me no incentive to watch OS and instead watch what was currently happening (BW) etc. As for what know: children aren’t doing doing that. They don’t even know Naruto exists. They might do a quick Google search but that doesn’t mean they’re going back to 2004 and then watching Shippuden’s 300000 episodes.
Just chiming in to say this isn’t true. Naruto is the most profitable anime franchise on TV Tokyo, while second place is taken by, well you could guess that one.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Seems just as wild to pretend that anything isn't possible at this point. At this point a week ago, most weren't expecting what is happening as is.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Just chiming in to say this isn’t true. Naruto is the most profitable anime franchise on TV Tokyo, while second place is taken by, well you could guess that one.
That doesn’t mean a child is watching it and instead (like Pokémon) it’s mostly adults and I’m discussing 2-9 who just aren’t watching all of that. We can’t discuss ratings here but what show are you talking about here because it can’t be this anime.

Xuxuba

Both assumptions are equally presumptuous when we know nothing about the new show other than the characters' designs and names.

That said, there is a difference between theorizing that a common trope might happen and stating for sure that it's gonna happen.

The latter is jumping to conclusions way too soon, but dunno why the former would be considered an unreasonable form of coping when all we do in this forum is speculate which tropes are gonna happen.

Guy100

I'm glad that there is clarity that Ash will not be leaving the anime, but instead will not be continuing as the main protagonist as before.

Look forward to seeing Ash having reoccuring appearances and feature episodes in the future anime series that will be moving forward. I even know see the pokemon anime even doing movies staring the canon Ash, if they chose to do so.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Clearly the reason why Ash is leaving is because he's gonna meet Nemona, battles her in a battle of champions, beats her, then she considers him her rival, demands he be her rival for life, and forces him to battle her endlessly with both of them using all of their different Pokemon for each battle.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I'm glad that there is clarity that Ash will not be leaving the anime, but instead will not be continuing as the main protagonist as before.

Look forward to seeing Ash having reoccuring appearances and feature episodes in the future anime series that will be moving forward. I even know see the pokemon anime even doing movies staring the canon Ash, if they chose to do so.

Wait where is this mentioned that Ash will not be leaving the anime?

Observer

Mostly watching
Clearly the reason why Ash is leaving is because he's gonna meet Nemona, battles her in a battle of champions, beats her, then she considers him her rival, demands he be her rival for life, and forces him to battle her endlessly with both of them using all of their different Pokemon for each battle.

I don't know if Ash is ready to be in monogamous battle relationship just yet, I mean he really enjoys battling around with other people.

nuzamaki90

That doesn’t mean a child is watching it and instead (like Pokémon) it’s mostly adults and I’m discussing 2-9 who just aren’t watching all of that. We can’t discuss ratings here but what show are you talking about here because it can’t be this anime.
Huh? Naruto is a shonen anime. Pokémon is a kodomo anime. These are shows for kids at the very end of the day. Saying it’s “mostly adults” is a baseless claim lol

And yes, it is in fact this anime :D

Sham

The Guardian of War
Huh? Naruto is a shonen anime. Pokémon is a kodomo anime. These are shows for kids at the very end of the day. Saying it’s “mostly adults” is a baseless claim lol
And you got the statics to support the demographic? If so I'd love to seem them. And I'm not talking Borouto. Show me stat evidence that 5-9 year olds are going back and watching Naruto episode from 2004 until now.
And yes, it is in fact this anime :D
This Company is making most of it's money from the games and merchandise. They cared so little that they allowed their staff to be overworked and short staffed. Again, show me the receipts. The Diantha and Lance battle was apparently outsourced to Chinese animators. That sound like high ranking priority TV to you? It go so bad that Alain vs Leon, Diantha vs Lance and Cynthia vs Iris wasn't even suppose to be animated to save time and you were just gonna be told they lost.

• They quickly swept Alain to save animation
  • Diantha vs Lance looked like a hot mess and was outsorced
  • Besides the swords clash, most of Haxorus' animation is from the Dragonite battle
?

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

I don’t think Ash will go to Paldea. He’ll just settle down in life. He may go there once or twice but mainly to just check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.