• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

No you didn't but and as far as I'm concerned you might as well have.
Well then no, don’t do that lol? You just made something up lol. I said she was very spiteful, I gave you an example of how she was spiteful towards Ash and directly compared it to how Misty acted and you kind of ignored that? I don’t know what the end game goal is here. There are people in this thread and several other threads who have explained their reasonings for not liking Iris, even in comparison to Misty. Just because a character with darker skin is disliked, doesn’t mean it is due to race, or even implied as such. It’s crazy because game Iris is actually LIKED, so I kinda don’t see the correlation with some sort of major race issue.

If you wanna talk about a dark skinned character that actually had major race issues, it’s Nessa.

greninjamaster

Iris is annoying but she’s not as annoying as Serena and at least she had a goal from the beginning which is something I can’t say for Serena especially for the majority of kalos.

She literally realized what she wanted to do almost at the end of kalos. Like girl get your priorities straight.

Serena by far had the the weakest arc in kalos imo. And it shows when she just magically discovers what she wants to do near the end of Kalos with absolutely ZERO build up.

“How dare you trash Serena” sorry the girl was horribly written and boring.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly, it depends on how this special episodes go, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket stayed since they haven't accomplished their goal (whatever that is) and have been given multiple chances to turn a new leaf but decided not to.

Guy100

Interesting enough, perhaps a clue about the new characters personalities can be tied to the names that they are given.

Anyone know meaning behind the name "Liko" and "Roy". "Roy" just seems very typical and western.

My consensus on Roy is that he will be the lead battler and hothead of the two, since he appears very passionate, while Liko will be the easygoing hipster trainer.

As I've mentioned before, but I get this intuition that Roy will get more central focused, since he may be into battling, while Liko will be along on the journey to discover and figure out some mysteries.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Interesting enough, perhaps a clue about the new characters personalities can be tied to the names that they are given.

Anyone know meaning behind the name "Liko" and "Roy". "Roy" just seems very typical and western.
Roy in some languages is used for red hair (in Spain etc)

nuzamaki90

Honestly, it depends on how this special episodes go, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket stayed since they haven't accomplished their goal (whatever that is) and have been given multiple chances to turn a new leaf but decided not to.
Their goal is to catch the world’s strongest Pokémon; Pikachu.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
When did Iris get into this conversation??? She’s really not as despicable as a few selected folks here make her out to be, like she’s irredeemable. She had a horrible English voice who notched her tone up to obnoxious levels. The whole take of thinking that she thought she was superior over Ash after he himself made a bad first impression on her is taken out of insecurity and frustration of Ash’s battling skills getting reset. She was clearly teasing him and the whole basis was that she was no more a kid than she herself, calling him one. If Ash felt he was being bullied and harassed, he would’ve caught the same altitude back and dropped her faster than his Oak’d Pokemon.

It’s funny how her 99 battle wins are underplayed just to say she has a bad streak of disobedient Pokémon when it was only 2 (one being a diva and the other having anger issues that were unnaturally resolved). This is the ONLY traveling companion who went toe to toe with her own bare strength to calm a rampaging Pokemon or resolve an issue like the TRio taking their Pokémon, didn’t rely on Ash or Dento for anything, and had made something of herself without any parents. It was really neat how she had a sixth sense too.

RLC

Iris is annoying but she’s not as annoying as Serena and at least she had a goal from the beginning which is something I can’t say for Serena especially for the majority of kalos.

She literally realized what she wanted to do almost at the end of kalos. Like girl get your priorities straight.

Serena by far had the the weakest arc in kalos imo. And it shows when she just magically discovers what she wants to do near the end of Kalos with absolutely ZERO build up.

“How dare you trash Serena” sorry the girl was horribly written and boring.
Ppl always somehow bring up Serena lmao.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
and a boring goal
Umm...based on what, exactly? I don't think they've actually shared what the new character's goals are. And the stuff floating around is allegedly from 4chan and therefore suspect from the beginning.

No you didn't but and as far as I'm concerned you might as well have.
If you want people to take you serious, you might want to make good faith arguments that don't put words in people's mouths.

It said he wants to be a good cook and collect these weed things. Try again
Citation needed...

And also, there is nothing wrong with collecting "weed things." It can help mellow people out.

I think you should start charging Serena rent for the amount of time she spends in your head.

nuzamaki90

I know Pikachu doesn’t necessarily have to be in the new show but Ikue Ohtani’s voice is iconic and I just can’t see OLM letting her go, even less than picturing them letting Rica go.

Maybe Nemona will be the third member of the group?

saying her winning streak has a direct impact on how she treats Ash, what implication are you getting from that?
I never said this

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I know Pikachu doesn’t necessarily have to be in the new show but Ikue Ohtani’s voice is iconic and I just can’t see OLM letting her go, even less than picturing them letting Rica go.

I think that if there is a third member that it would be an OC boy who mainly wears green.

Trey pokes

I never said this
Somehow don't think so. I'd expect more anime oc's to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.