• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianmister

Didn’t they say she was from Kanto originally? I’m confused
No, but her hair clip is Kanto league symbol. That's why we assumed she's from there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
L doesn't exist at Japanese....
Riko is very correct name actually.

See at this:

hiragana3.gif
But there's literal pokemon with L names in japanese so how does that work, like Laplace doesn't change to Raplace unless I'm just confused.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Roy’s design is a bigger surprise for me since I thought he was a little fatter based on the first poster

I’m not saying he looked big before, but the back pose & his jacket made Roy look slightly bulkier than he does in the new key art
new-animated-series-169.png

FomSPD3WcAAO0l7

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
ラプラス

That "Ra Pu Ra Su" at Katakana. And at Bulbapedia wrote this as a Laplace, bruh.

katakanachart.jpg
Well that why is it written everywhere as Liko, like why aren't they just saying Riko like it's confusing. Is it spelled Liko but pronounced Riko like what is the truth lol.

Konja7

I honestly hope Roy becomes well liked. It's sad that he's getting shafted because "He looks annoying" Which I honestly don't get. Also for the fact that many people are hoping that Riko is somehow related to Ash? I feel like when she's confirmed not to be, everyone's not going to care about her either

I'm pretty sure Roy "looking annoying" is because he reminds them of Goh. I wonder why.

Also, Roy is the male protagonist, which make some Ash's fans angry.

Konja7

Well that why is it written everywhere as Liko, like why aren't they just saying Riko like it's confusing. Is it spelled Liko but pronounced Riko like what is the truth lol.

In Japanese, it seems common to use R and L interchangeably.

Maybe L doesn't exist in Japanese vocabulary, but Japanese people know L and they have used it.

PS: The R doesn't exactly exist in Japanese either. They used R in that vocabulary because it's the closer to the sound.

*Solaris*

Yeah it looks like they crushed that babyface Roy was rocking in the last picture. Someone said it already but I'm not sure if Roy's also getting Quaxly. It's a bit off to the side unlike Fuecoco and Sprigatito but we'll have to wait and see for more info next week

YelST

watch Roukin
If you're into your anime you might be aware of Mitsuha Yamano who's the MC of Saving Up 80,000 Gold and she's a strongly written female MC who looks a bit like Riko.

If Riko has a personality like hers I think she'll thrive, I'm really enjoying Mitsuha's character and think she is this season's underrated girl. Last season's for me was Yua Serufu (Do It Yourself!) who could be a fun inspiration for her being a bit of a ditz but becomes strong at what she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.