• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"The New Pocket Monsters Series", starts April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

I'm expecting things to be different in order to separate this anime from when Ash was the protagonist. I'm not thinking that there will be much in terms of actual battles, with only the occasional tournament and battles against legendaries. I believe that battling will be deemphasized in favor of exploration and research.
The franchise main draw is battling. Just because the new characters battle doesn't mean they are too similar too Ash. Considering that legit what most of the characters in not just the anime but the franchise as well

Your reaching. And it's not a risk. This is Pokemon we're talking about. They release buggy games and still sell millions. There fine

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm not really thinking that there will be any dedicated battling goals at all.
They have two main characters and two worthwhile journeys. Starfall Street will probably pop up along the way, but it’d be hard to drag out as something interesting enough to base someone’s entire journey around.

However.. the gym challenge would be completed by Liko, in an ideal world to differentiate from Ash as much as possible. The path of legends? Roy.. and they can both be involved in a plot surrounding Area Zero and Koraidon/Miraidon/Rayquaza/whatever they’re going with.

However.. as I’ve said before, this will most likely be where I dip out of the anime. So whatever it turns out to be, I hope that the newer generation is happy with it and that it does everything for them that Ash’s journey did for me..

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They have two main characters and two worthwhile journeys. Starfall Street will probably pop up along the way, but it’d be hard to drag out as something interesting enough to base someone’s entire journey around.

However.. the gym challenge would be completed by Liko, in an ideal world to differentiate from Ash as much as possible. The path of legends? Roy.. and they can both be involved in a plot surrounding Area Zero and Koraidon/Miraidon/Rayquaza/whatever they’re going with.

However.. as I’ve said before, this will most likely be where I dip out of the anime. So whatever it turns out to be, I hope that the newer generation is happy with it and that it does everything for them that Ash’s journey did for me..
I'm not really seeing a Gym Challenge at all due to the world traveling format.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Reminder - we don’t know what “world traveling” means here. It could be JN part 2, or it could be a reference to how SV is more open world and there isn’t a linear story path.

Let’s wait for more information before we declare that something will or won’t happen for sure.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Reminder - we don’t know what “world traveling” means here. It could be JN part 2, or it could be a reference to how SV is more open world and there isn’t a linear story path.

Let’s wait for more information before we declare that something will or won’t happen for sure.
Although Rayquaza being prevalent does add to the theory.

Guy100

Really hoping this series doesn't continue Ash anime's bad habits (Kanto overpromotion, filler-like episodes, generic battle shonen male character getting the main battles while the female main protagonist does very little and rarely battles at all).
I suggest you get use to it cause its happenin. Either love him or despise him, our boy Roy will be taking the role of the battling phenom, espcially now that we know he's from Kanto.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I suggest you get use to it cause its happenin. Either love him or despise him, our boy Roy will be taking the role of the battling phenom, espcially now that we know he's from Kanto.

wikipedian_protester.png

*Solaris*

I have this gut feeling that Riko's Pendant and Roy's Pokeball have something to do with each other. Like maybe Riko's pendant holds the secrets to unlock Roy's Pokeball

Jeal

I hope the contents of the ball are something we haven't seen yet. Like DLC mon

Precisely why we don't want it to be Kanto....
It doesn't matter which region it is if the fillers will be mostly on the building where they live or whatever region the writer wants to write about. Kanto was not any more explored just because the laboratory was on Vermilion City. It's not different than spending lots of episodes on a random forest or anime-only city. It makes no difference if lots of fillers are on region if the region is not explored, being reduced to a building most of the time.

Akashin

It doesn't matter which region it is if the fillers will be mostly on the building where they live or whatever region the writer wants to write about. Kanto was not any more explored just because the laboratory was on Vermilion City. It's not different than spending lots of episodes on a random forest or anime-only city. It makes no difference if lots of fillers are on region if the region is not explored, being reduced to a building most of the time.
That's not necessarily true. The Cerise Laboratory was a relatively blank slate anime addition, so yes, it could have been placed in any city in any region with minimal--if any--difference.

If, however, the home base were to be the Academy, that's an entirely different story. The Academy is an entirely established setting unto itself, with characters to explore, established classes to take up time spent there, etc.. The Academy and its contents are impossible to simple displace to another Region, at least not without upending the game-accurate aspects of it. So in that regard, placing them in the Academy in Paldea makes a big difference from some random school in Hoenn, for instance.

BlueDragonfangirl

Do we know who the parents of these kids are yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.